Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I second this.

I was thiking about him the other day. I hope Kalifire's romantic plunge is working out for him.

Especially after his heroics last year. That has become my go-to story for those who have never been to the festival when trying to explain how the spirit of Glastonbury (whatever that is) still lives on.

By all accounts (well judging by his Facebook page) everything is working out very well for Kali and his girl. Like you say, after last year so deserved. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surely you know Time after time, true colours and girls just wanna have fun. And possibly her cover of the Big O's I drove all night. 

There endeth my lauper knowledge.

Hey you're right - although Girls.. was the only one I thought of at the time. Don't think I know her Roy O cover though.

Pretty certain I've just noticed Toots and the Maytals on the Big Feastival line up. If Toots is over his fear of flying bottles, then surely that's the perfect act to go on West Holts up against the snore-draws headlining the Pyramid.

OK, sorry - didn't see this was already being discussed in the West Holts Would Love To See thread.

Edited by jimmyt

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surely you know Time after time, true colours and girls just wanna have fun. And possibly her cover of the Big O's I drove all night. 

There endeth my lauper knowledge.

The original is a banger...and I have quite the affection for the cover too. Won't get the Big O singing it now so bring on the Lauper!

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is it like a traffic jam when I'm already late or maybe a no smoking sign on my cigarette break?

She really needed English lessons. "Isn't it a pisser, don't you think?" would've worked fine.

Or "Isn't it a fucking pain in the tits?".

She should've named the song "A Fucking Pain In The Tits". 

Edited by The Nal

4 hours ago, wozwebs said:

Cypress Hill have a 21st anniversary show booked on 19th June at Brixton Academy. Glasto warm up?

Would love that, but pretty sure theyre in France over the weekend.

edit: just checked, yep busy Fri, Sat & Sun

Edited by Perks

Not at all excited about this year yet. The line-up confirmations and rumours on the main stages (PJ Harvey and Savages aside) don't do anything for me so far which is pretty unusual for Glastonbury. I'm sure there will be stuff to keep me interested along the way when it is announced, there always is. They seem to be playing it partiularly MOR this year though.

Even Latitude which usually has a decent crop of bands I'd like at Glastonbury looks dull.

11 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Not at all excited about this year yet. The line-up confirmations and rumours on the main stages (PJ Harvey and Savages aside) don't do anything for me so far which is pretty unusual for Glastonbury. I'm sure there will be stuff to keep me interested along the way when it is announced, there always is. They seem to be playing it partiularly MOR this year though.

Even Latitude which usually has a decent crop of bands I'd like at Glastonbury looks dull.

Surely that's more down to the fact it's mainly the more commercial and perhaps less appealing acts who are going to get rumoured and linked strongly? I'd imagine that most of the Park and West Holts line ups for instance won't be listed as SR/TBC on the lineup page if there's less opportunity for the info on them playing to get out.

10 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Surely that's more down to the fact it's mainly the more commercial and perhaps less appealing acts who are going to get rumoured and linked strongly? I'd imagine that most of the Park and West Holts line ups for instance won't be listed as SR/TBC on the lineup page if there's less opportunity for the info on them playing to get out.

This should be a pinned post from November-April IMHO.

I'm out of upvotes at the moment, but will pop back later to give you one ;)

Edited by stuartbert two hats