Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Had a quick check of Lana DelitRey's website after she was announced for Electric Picnic, she's playing Moscow in July. Could see be a shout for a Pyramid slot? 

I caught the end of her set as I arrived for Percy, man alive It was dull. Possibly the worst thing I have witnessed at Glastonbury. Even The New Forbidden were better.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I caught the end of her set as I arrived for Percy, man alive It was dull. Possibly the worst thing I have witnessed at Glastonbury. Even The New Forbidden were better.

I really like Lana del ray but I purposely avoided this set as just thought she would have been lost on the Pyramid, at her own gigs she is superb, as she has a fantastic spine tingling voice

Different strokes and all that.

I absolutely loved Lana's set.  I thought she'd be completely lost on the Pyramid.  I remember that, initially, efests had her rumoured as a West Holts headliner and I was really disappointed when this turned out to be wrong.  Fortunately, I thought she absolutely nailed the Pyramid slot.  One of the biggest crowds of the weekend as well.

I've only really listened to Born To Die, had it on again this morning on the way into work and it remains a decent pop album. Never seen her live though. If she was on and not clashing I'd definitely go along. 

I probably fancy her a bit aswell. 

4 hours ago, reflekting said:

Looks like Frightened Rabbit could and should crop up again. They were excellent in the JP tent last time, so i'd love to see them play near the top of The Park bill. 

I'd love to see them on the Park. Sub would seem to fit their profile coming in with a new album but I think they are far more likely to play 4th or 5th down on the Other Stage. 

Hudson Mohawke' US tour finishes on the 17/6, perfect timing for him to come back and play Glastonbury before going to Europe

im a tit, he's back way before that, but does have 1 festival in the US 17/6 and then a Glastonbury gape

Edited by Mezhyp1

3 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

I'd love to see them on the Park. Sub would seem to fit their profile coming in with a new album but I think they are far more likely to play 4th or 5th down on the Other Stage. 

They were fourth on the JP just before Bastille rammed it last time. I was very bemused when the tent started filling out as I hadn't heard of Bastille before. It's almost a shame that this isn't still the case. 

So apparently I totally missed the new Joy Formidable tour announcement on Tuesday, but yeah this is happening: 

7 May: Think Tank - Newcastle
9 May: The Liquid Room - Edinburgh
10 May: The Plug - Sheffield
12 May: Focus Wales - Wrexham
13 May: Arts Centre - Colchester
14 May: Academy 2 - Manchester
16 May: Brundnell - Leeds
17 May: Rescue Rooms - Nottingham
18 May: Open - Norwich
19 May: Oval Space - London
22 May: Academy - Oxford
23 May: Bucks University - High Wycombe

14 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

So apparently I totally missed the new Joy Formidable tour announcement on Tuesday, but yeah this is happening: 

7 May: Think Tank - Newcastle
9 May: The Liquid Room - Edinburgh
10 May: The Plug - Sheffield
12 May: Focus Wales - Wrexham
13 May: Arts Centre - Colchester
14 May: Academy 2 - Manchester
16 May: Brundnell - Leeds
17 May: Rescue Rooms - Nottingham
18 May: Open - Norwich
19 May: Oval Space - London
22 May: Academy - Oxford
23 May: Bucks University - High Wycombe

Yeah I clocked that. Gonna check out the new album first because if it's as watered down as the lead single and/or as bad as Wolf's Law then sod it.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah I clocked that. Gonna check out the new album first because if it's as watered down as the lead single and/or as bad as Wolf's Law then sod it.

The one they played on Radio Wales the other week was suuuuuuper, like first album level good. 

I dunno if the fact its not on the album bodes well or not, though. 

12 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Saw St Paul and the Broken Bones are paying Tuesday 21st and Weds 22nd June in the UK - surely a certianty for Glastonbury based on this? Saw them at End of The Road a few years ago and they were GREAT fun - would be ace on West Holts or maybe the Park. 

This here tweet was liked by whowver does their Twitter, I'm taking that as a confirmation :)

They are playing in London on my birthday so if i'm not in Barcelona that particular day then I'll defo be there.

They are also now playing the song 'The Leopard and the Lung' live which they didn't previously, my favourite track off the last album.

Didn't like the first single off the new album though, made very little impression on me, I much prefer their longer tracks that take you on a bit of a journey, even then the early versions of stuff that ended up on the first album lost some of their magic in the studio cleaning up of the tracks.

Also they are doing additional Acoustic performances pre gig at some of these tour dates, so it's basically two gigs for the price of one, particularly good if the songs in the acoustic performances are different to the ones played in the main set. Great for the fans.