Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Sorry down voted you by mistake haha. Up voted you again to compensate. I  the EE interview she was talking about the whole lineup, not any stage in particular. I'm not sure where you get the Park from...In the interview I saw she didn't mention the park at all.

"Nice. What about the music? Who are the big names?
Musically we’re still keeping it as open as possible. We’ve got a great bill coming together. In fact, we’re quite far down the line with that. Hopefully we’ll be able to give you some names soon.

Yeah?
There are loads of great female MCs coming through this year which is quite exciting. Little Simz and Lady Leshurr and people like that. "

From the same interview:

So you can’t tell us anything? C’mon Emily. Work with me.
Hmmm. Not really. But we are strong on women this year, I have to say. The Park is my, kind of, baby. We get really extremely excited about what we put on there.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No one has really been doubting Muse for months. The Sun aren't on any scoop there.

The one I'm pretty sure the Sun have go wrong is them saying the Foos ....  but I guess we'll have to wait and see about that.

It looks like it's between Adele and Radiohead for the last spot, with just a side possibility that both are headliners and something else has been done with Muse (while still playing).

Btw, I wasn't actually saying anyone has been, in case it was thought in that way and I'm quite aware they aren't on their own on it, but that's to say they don't have a good source of informatiom on it.

I'm purely guessing that what you heard about Muse being lower may have been in the talks/agreed to should Adele headline and another header already in place. My own thought I think is that Adele will/has decided to say no. I still think the Radiohead could easily be a secret set, I don't know how these things happen but I imagine you would have heard 'headline' with the info rather than just play as headline would usually be a no brainer. Providing it's Muse, as long as they are Friday it's all good.

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I do think it'll be Muse, Adele and Coldplay with Radiohead doing a secret set.

I sort of agree with you, tho i can't really see how Radiohead will do a secret set unless it's done like the Libs last year ... but which would upstage the headliner this time.

I'm definitely more inclined to think Adele is in than out.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Would be a bit gutted if that were the case. But then again I probably should stop reading that Radiohead touring in 2016 thread. It's amped up my excitement for a Radiohead headline slot when I know I'll probably be let down!

49 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

From the same interview:

So you can’t tell us anything? C’mon Emily. Work with me.
Hmmm. Not really. But we are strong on women this year, I have to say. The Park is my, kind of, baby. We get really extremely excited about what we put on there.

Chvrches Wolf Alice Sia and Foxes please.... .

9 minutes ago, sloseph said:

do you think it's possible Adele and Coldplay could do a co-headliner sort of situation?

That sort of thing isn't impossible, because Glastonbury have talked before of having a 4th headliner when they had an extra headliner status band offering themselves to the festival (tho it didn't happen in the end, as the band didn't feel they could do it).

But if they are going to do that sort of thing, then my money is on it being the way someone said to me, with Muse on the Coldplay day, and so Adele on the Saturday by herself. Because it's an odd thing for someone to have said, I can't let the idea go that there might be something to it.

9 minutes ago, sloseph said:

have Glastonbury ever done a co-headliner?

Nope.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

But if they are going to do that sort of thing, then my money is on it being the way someone said to me, with Muse on the Coldplay day

That's certainly looks like the kind of thing that ticks the "keep the locals happy" box

54 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'm going with Muse, Foo's and Coldplay with the RH set to keep the faith. I'd rather Foo's be there but at the same time it looks like I could have some smaller bands closing smaller stages as my headline focus this year instead anyway. I believe Muse and Coldplay are heading, and on that basis I can't see Radiohead doing it as well. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going with Muse, Foo's and Coldplay

Why? Do you really fall for Murdoch shite that easily? :lol:

I know with certainty (as much as I get, anyway) that Foos weren't Glasto's headliner plans in the early autumn.

Given that foos would have been the first choice due to cancelling, why would they have come back into things after they'd have been out of things? It just doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Why? Do you really fall for Murdoch shite that easily? :lol:

I know with certainty (as much as I get, anyway) that Foos weren't Glasto's headliner plans in the early autumn.

Given that foos would have been the first choice due to cancelling, why would they have come back into things after they'd have been out of things? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying that I do no, but a while back even you said they could be correct on them. I'm not against Adele doing it at all and if I'm honest, the Foo's is more what I would prefer, has nothing to do with The Sun. I'm not sure why I take them out of thoughts though because you have?, I'm doing no one any harm. If it was Foo's great, if it was Adele, I'd actually be a little intrigued.

Either way, everyone is entitled to their own view.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm not saying that I do no, but a while back even you said they could be correct on them.

Only because I don't know with certainty who the acts are, and therefore cannot rule anyone out with certainty.

That's a very different thing to thinking it's likely.

There's no reason to believe it's correct apart from it being having printed in a tabloid famous for its made-up stories, and where it's been wrong as (more?) often then it's been right.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Only because I don't know with certainty who the acts are, and therefore cannot rule anyone out with certainty.

That's a very different thing to thinking it's likely.

There's no reason to believe it's correct apart from it being having printed in a tabloid famous for its made-up stories, and where it's been wrong as (more?) often then it's been right.

True enough I guess. If I thought Adele would do it and not say no then I would say her, but no other big outdoor shows stops me too.