Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

With Neil hearing that Biffy are co headlining Reading+Leeds with Fall Out Boy and Simon Neil saying they are playing a handful of UK festivals, do we think we could see them in a sub slot this year? Biffy into Muse on the Friday maybe?

there are already rumours of both Foals and Disclosure doing Glastonbury as well as headlining R/L - i definitely can't see a third coming over as well

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

there are already rumours of both Foals and Disclosure doing Glastonbury as well as headlining R/L - i definitely can't see a third coming over as well

I did think this but with Biffy seeming to be a late addition to the Reading line up they could have already been signed up to do Glastonbury

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think Biffy will be at Glasto, they have clearly been pulled in as a last gasp option and I doubt they'll pull it. They might well be co-headliners to allow for more shows. I'm expexting Biffy to be announced just as a standard co-head and FOB as a UK Festival Exclusive.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I think Biffy will be at Glasto, they have clearly been pulled in as a last gasp option and I doubt they'll pull it. They might well be co-headliners to allow for more shows. I'm expexting Biffy to be announced just as a standard co-head and FOB as a UK Festival Exclusive.

you think Biffy, Foals and Disclosure will all be there? or do you think Biffy are more likely than the other two?

i guess with Disclosure headlining their own fest again it puts doubt on whether they'd do Glastonbury as well. Foals still seem like a good bet what with the lack of exclusivity claims. i don't think Biffy will be there myself - even though they're not what they once where, it seems a bit early for them to be accepting sub slots (the R/L co-headliner thing is actually the ideal slot for them in 2016)

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

you think Biffy, Foals and Disclosure will all be there? or do you think Biffy are more likely than the other two?

I don't see anything to rule them out, Biffy are going to be at a 'handful', Foals are probably quite likely, and there is nothing to say Disclosure won't, it's not even been advertised from Reading or Wildlife as the only 2 or 1 of only to English appearances this year, but if they aren't at Glasto then I'm on The Prodigy train instead.

Reading have done a really bad job with headers this year either way and although there may well be some acts for me, I'm not seeing a lot to justify £220, £70 if Biffy do Friday yes. I'm personally not a big fan of the RHCP sets at the minute, I prefer the more catchy commercial stuff, not Snow Hey Ho bollocks etc mind.

Just now, jparx said:

Jane's Addiction were announced for Download. Any chance of a Glastonbury appearance? Not sure which stage they would suit. I guess 2nd or 3rd down on the Other? 

unlikely i'd have thought - i think they'd demand a higher slot than they were given (Other headliner or something) so they'll instead play festivals that will give them such a slot like Download has

9 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

With Neil hearing that Biffy are co headlining Reading+Leeds with Fall Out Boy and Simon Neil saying they are playing a handful of UK festivals, do we think we could see them in a sub slot this year? Biffy into Muse on the Friday maybe?

Reading, Big Weekend, TITP could count as a handful

56 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reading, Big Weekend, TITP could count as a handful

Well with it looking likely that its Calvin Harris and RHCP for T I don't think thats happening, I'm not sure if I count Radio 1's big weekend as a festival, they might do so but I just don't see it. They could have taken the sub slot at Glastonbury because they wanted the TV coverage for the new album and accepted that the Eavis' don't deem them as headline material and then Reading came knocking for them to do that because Foo's or whoever dropped out

If Biffy are to do the Pyramid, can see Twin Atlantic being back again, 5th down on Pyramid-ish? - doing IOW & Download and headlining 2000 Trees all in the space of a week or two either side of Glastonbury. Currently in L.A recording new stuff

14 minutes ago, CJTM said:

If Biffy are to do the Pyramid, can see Twin Atlantic being back again, 5th down on Pyramid-ish? - doing IOW & Download and headlining 2000 Trees all in the space of a week or two either side of Glastonbury. Currently in L.A recording new stuff

they've done the past two years so i doubt they'll be back for a third. also why does possibly Biffy being there mean Twin Atlantic will be there? do they car share from Scotland or something?

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they've done the past two years so i doubt they'll be back for a third. also why does possibly Biffy being there mean Twin Atlantic will be there? do they car share from Scotland or something?

Biffy and Twinny. Scotland’s answer to Ant and Dec