Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

Parquet Courts remain the world's largest mystery to me. I listened to Light Up Gold quite a few times and have seen them play live, really wanted to see what everybody else saw in them, but I can't find them anything other than smug hipsters with unoriginal boring tunes.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Parquet Courts remain the world's largest mystery to me. I listened to Light Up Gold quite a few times and have seen them play live, really wanted to see what everybody else saw in them, but I can't find them anything other than smug hipsters with unoriginal boring tunes.

there was a time when everything you posted had me thinking 'what a cool person'. that time has long since passed

I do remember pre-Swiftgate in about 2013, when I was holding all my controversial opinions back, the Red tour wrapped up shortly before Glastonbury. I posted in the headliners thread something to the effect of "guys, this 'Taylor Swift' character is around, you reckon she could be in with a chance of sub? Not that I like her or anything, asking for a friend you see." and then you chimed in with veiled hopes of her playing like "Well, maybe... a friend of a friend says she's not so bad and stuff", and it was then I thought "come the revolution, this guy will have my back".

Just now, dentalplan said:

Rewind...

What's wrong with the John Peel stage? I thought people generally complained because of all the new music and the kids of today and stuff but if it's an appropriate band then I'm at a loss to see what's bad.

just not a big fan of the stage. sound is often poor, it's in a bit of a shitty area, although that one's hopefully being amended somewhat this year, and it often lacks atmosphere i find, especially for the lower down acts, although i didn't go at all last year and barely the two years before so maybe my memory of it has gotten a bit jaded. just need a good act to get me back in there

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

just not a big fan of the stage. sound is often poor, it's in a bit of a shitty area, although that one's hopefully being amended somewhat this year, and it often lacks atmosphere i find, especially for the lower down acts, although i didn't go at all last year and barely the two years before so maybe my memory of it has gotten a bit jaded. just need a good act to get me back in there

They're moving it this year, presumably to try and solve those issues. 

Edit: clearly didn't read all of your comment properly. Apologies.

Edited by jimmyt
I'm a numpty

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Light Up Gold was great, but the rest of Parquet Courts' output is not even close to the same level. Shame.

Sunbathing Animal is insanely good, although i can understand why people wouldn't like it as much. not nearly as immediate. stoked for this new album, although that last release, Monastic Living, was almost unlistenable bar like one song. don't know what they were thinking with that. thank christ it was just an EP

On 3 February 2016 at 8:37 PM, tevaburger said:

welcome...

while not a huge fan, my little boys liked the Monsters & Men album years back, and I saw their set in '13 and came away very impressed, a very pleasant afternoon session on the other, one of the top 6 or 7 sets or so that year i thought and i think they were getting a lot of mention on here too in the usual week-after 'best' lists. they're doing a lot of festivals this year it seems at least in the US, so i would say they're in for a chance again at Glastonbury 

great thing about EFests is that to get a rumour there has to be some true substance behind it, a verifiable source, not just "likely" or "hopeful" because they're touring nearby & nearish the dates. 

Thanks for reply tevaburger - I'll keep watching the rumours board in hope......