Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think they film /broadcast the first handful of acts on the Pyramid each day.

3 hours ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

I can't speak for last year but in 2014 they did the Pyramid from the start every day, maybe only on the internet (?) and highlights but it was all filmed.

not true...and in fact that's the year and lament of lack of any footage (The War on Drugs) that gets the most mention on here 

Just now, tevaburger said:

not true...and in fact that's the year and lament of lack of any footage (The War on Drugs) that gets the most mention on here 

who gets filmed is firstly down to who the beeb would like to film, and then down to the beeb making an agreement with the band over them being filmed.

Any band can decline to be filmed.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would've been a good shout for the Friday hip hop thing if that wasn't the day they were busy. Ah well, get em booked for the Pyramid anyway. Were great at Leeds a few years back

Cypress Hill into Weezer... good times. Would be nice to see them at the farm

:D

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I always look at the acts and wonder why Boomtown is seen as the zenith of trendy youth festivaling.

The line up is just the cherry on the top at Boomtown.

Edit: is it supposed to be for yoofs?!

Edited by jimmyt

4 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

The line up is just the cherry on the top at Boomtown.

Edit: is it supposed to be for yoofs?!

Well thurr was a thread to do with Glastonbury and young people and quite a few posters seemed in agreement that Boomtown was the place to be for the festival experience if you're a young adult, and obviously I realise that may have little to do with the lineup but the actual lineup seems barmy for something attracting a young population.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well thurr was a thread to do with Glastonbury and young people and quite a few posters seemed in agreement that Boomtown was the place to be for the festival experience if you're a young adult, and obviously I realise that may have little to do with the lineup but the actual lineup seems barmy for something attracting a young population.

There seems to be a lot of people my age round here (Bristol) into that sort of dub/reggae scene

The Lumineers release a new album tomorrow. 

I must admit I really enjoyed their set at the festival in 2013. (Just watched on YouTube and looks like they got a massive crowd as well)

I'd imagine tour dates will soon follow so wouldn't be at all surprised to see them back in June.

Parquet Courts are in the UK a few days before Glastonbury. please get them rebooked, they were one of my favourites of 2014, although it's hard to think of a more perfect setting for them than the Park so would be interested to see where they stuck em (probably JP unfortunately)

http://pitchfork.com/news/63339-parquet-courts-announce-new-album-human-performance-expand-tour-share-dust-video/