Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

It's getting to that time of the year where we get an indication of who's about and who's tied to an "exclusive" contract. The lineup for Field Day should be out quite soon.

Thursday for Field Day, usually a good cross over 

That Sigur Ros being a London exclusive is an absolute tease

Neil if you could shed some light on the info that it's one of only two uk shows that be great

edit: I see Sigur Ros have been added to the latitude page as a rumour, would make sense 

Edited by Mezhyp1

47 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

That would be the best trio of other stage headliners ever, just imagine 

Sigur Ros closing the Sunday up against Coldplay would be a sight to behold, I say there wouldn't be a dry eye in the field

they were 2nd to last on the Other in 2003 (which happened to be the first full set I ever watched on that gawd-awful stage) ... it was superb. :D

29 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Thursday for Field Day, usually a good cross over 

That Sigur Ros being a London exclusive is an absolute tease

Neil if you could shed some light on the info that it's one of only two uk shows that be great

edit: I see Sigur Ros have been added to the latitude page as a rumour, would make sense 

I dunno. Latitude usually doesn't share with fests the same weekend like Truck and the first year of Citadel and if they did decide to this year, this being announced first would be kinda bad for Latitude. But if there is an actual rumour behind the scenes then fair enough.

Citadel seems really tempting for the £40 price, if it's like last year.

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Good news, M83 announced for Bilbao BBK 

That lineup is looking excellent. Stealing a march on Primavera .

9 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Citadel is run by the same people as Wilderness aren't they?

Surely that makes Sigur Ros likely for there much like Ben Howard last year?

Is it? That's quite possible then. :(

2 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

West Holts Header? or are they too big for that now?

Maybe slightly. I would think them about Other sub level but that's about on a par with WH headliner anyway ain't it? Think Other is more likel for having done WH last time.

23 minutes ago, Warbler said:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/104010/the-coral-new-songs-album-for-discography-and-tour-after-five-years

The Coral new album, you reckon that they would play/open other on Friday ??

I once got a press release that called The Coral 'psychedelic'.

I emailed back the PR and said someone must have been taking bad acid to come up with that description ... such bad acid that it wasn't acid at all.

Psychedelic? FFS. :lol:

1 hour ago, stocky3000 said:

Citadel is run by the same people as Wilderness aren't they?

Surely that makes Sigur Ros likely for there much like Ben Howard last year?

Isn't Wilderness full of dance and electronic acts? I know Ben Howard doesn't fit in to that bracket, but he's much more radio friendly than Sigur Ros. Them at Wilderness doesn't make sense at all unless they're revamping the image of it

EDIT: No wait I'm thinking of Wildlife aren't I? Damn. Carry on. Looking at this years Wilderness lineup id bet good money Sigur Ros will be headlining next year. Perfect fit

Fingers crossed for Glastonbury! I wouldn't give a shit who else was playing if they were on the lineup

Edited by FloorFiller

GOOD NEWS, PJ Harvey is playing Sunday at field day billed as a London exclusive, please come to the farm 

other notables, Deerhunter, Four Tet, Beach House, Skepta, Mount Kimbie, Floating Points, Wild Nothing, Goat and John Grant

Id expect they've still plenty to announce

Edited by Mezhyp1