Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

Anyone read NME today? (I know). 

There is a feature about BMTH and at the end they ask about festivals and the quote is something like.

(after talking about Reading Festival this year)

BMTH - "We're looking to play a few festivals next year"

Interver - "Glastonbury? 

BMTH - "We can't say anything at the moment". 

Make of that what you will, sounds interesting. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them. Poppier (their new stuff) than Enter Shikari and they have played 3/4 times. They also had a number 2 album. If they were to play, i wouldn't be surprised seeing them headline JP. Put them opposite Adele. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Anyone read NME today? (I know). 

There is a feature about BMTH and at the end they ask about festivals and the quote is something like.

(after talking about Reading Festival this year)

BMTH - "We're looking to play a few festivals next year"

Interver - "Glastonbury? 

BMTH - "We can't say anything at the moment". 

Make of that what you will, sounds interesting. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them. Poppier (their new stuff) than Enter Shikari and they have played 3/4 times. They also had a number 2 album. If they were to play, i wouldn't be surprised seeing them headline JP. Put them opposite Adele. 

Would be a good booking, as horrific as they are. I think they could headline Other; they're basically a Download headline act these days (and I think they'd be headlining there if they didn't have three massive headliners available). Would also make sense; with them not being at Download and obviously not returning to R&L, there isn't really anywhere else for them to play unless Sonisphere is actually on.

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Would be a good booking, as horrific as they are. I think they could headline Other; they're basically a Download headline act these days (and I think they'd be headlining there if they didn't have three massive headliners available). Would also make sense; with them not being at Download and obviously not returning to R&L, there isn't really anywhere else for them to play unless Sonisphere is actually on.

I agree that if Shikari can do Glasto then BMTH off this album can. It'd be other stage I think, I doubt they would bother for a JP slot. It's a very good bet actually given they have their own tour and done R&L. I'd bet Soni isn't on.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

I like them. Live they are very, very good!

I would love to see them on the Other stage but I'd be really intrigued about the turn out of that show if they did headline. Big though they are, Glastonbury isn't known for it's metalcore (if we can still call them that) acts. 

Given the choice over Muse and Adele, I'd see them no doubt but the strength of the crowd would make or break their live show. 

4 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

I like them. Live they are very, very good!

I would love to see them on the Other stage but I'd be really intrigued about the turn out of that show if they did headline. Big though they are, Glastonbury isn't known for it's metalcore (if we can still call them that) acts. 

Given the choice over Muse and Adele, I'd see them no doubt but the strength of the crowd would make or break their live show. 

I'm sure they wouldn't be against Muse, being two of the only acts on the lineup who'd attract fans of heavier music. Against Adele or Coldplay would make sense.

Edit: Although they did put Pixies/Manics against Metallica/Jack White/Robert Plant.

Edited by Will-2609

it'd be a good booking on Glastonbury's behalf - a show that they didn't just book Metallica for the fuck of it and are willing to book heavier acts in high positions - but i can't see it happening myself. is odd that they aren't booked for any UK festivals off the back of the success of their new album though, so you never know i guess

48 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Worringly big Glasto shaped hole in Coldplay's recently announced tour schedule between 23rd to 29th June...

I'd be shocked if they weren't there. They still have plenty of room in that gap to add dates in as well and still play it. 

40 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm sure yer man dentalplan suggested Bring Me the Horizon as Other stage headliners a couple of months ago albeit more in a it'd be a good booking for rock music at Glastonbury sort of thing.

I could see it happening, though I'm not sure how big a crowd they'd get.

Not sure they'd headline it, defo higher than JP header though, Shikari did that and BMTH are a lot bigger.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure they'd headline it, defo higher than JP header though, Shikari did that and BMTH are a lot bigger.

they're on the verge of becoming a festival headliner themselves (as has been said, could've easily headlined Download or Sonisphere next year) so anything less than Other headliner would seem a bit off imo (unless they really wanted to do it but were only offered a lower spot)

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they're on the verge of becoming a festival headliner themselves (as has been said, could've easily headlined Download or Sonisphere next year) so anything less than Other headliner would seem a bit off imo (unless they really wanted to do it but were only offered a lower spot)

That's questionable, I disagree about them being at headline point yet so. Take Shikari though for instance, when they played low on other the other year they would of been above that at Reading or even Download level. I don't see them getting headline on the stage but I do think they'd take a lower alot if offered for the chance to reach out to a wider crowd. 

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Nah, BMTH are a Radio 1 act now. They'd go down just fine.

I would have to agree, I think they could headline the other stage up against say Adele or Coldplay, they'd defintely have their crowd, I think they'd absolutely pack out JP tent to dangerous levels if they played there, id say they are probably bigger than Rudimental who did the Friday last year

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I would have to agree, I think they could headline the other stage up against say Adele or Coldplay, they'd defintely have their crowd, I think they'd absolutely pack out JP tent to dangerous levels if they played there, id say they are probably bigger than Rudimental who did the Friday last year

They are but Rudimental are much more poppier and should never have got Other head anyway. I think given their tour against previous people except the odd exception, they won't warrant above a Other sub, their tour really isn't that big and Ben Howard did a Other sub with a much bigger tour, Ellie G subbed having done bigger too. It would be a good move for them to play it as a sole UK fest with the thought of Download 17 in mind though,

14 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Nah, BMTH are a Radio 1 act now. They'd go down just fine.

i didn't say they wouldn't go down fine, just that there isn't enough people at Glastonbury that would be interested in them to justify an Other headline set. if they did get it, it would certainly be a smaller than usual Other headliner crowd.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i didn't say they wouldn't go down fine, just that there isn't enough people at Glastonbury that would be interested in them to justify an Other headline set. if they did get it, it would certainly be a smaller than usual Other headliner crowd.

Yep, nowhere near enough people. They might end up playing but headlining Other is very unlikely.