Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They have a new album ready to go, I believe. Recorded and everything. I coulda mentioned but I didn't wanna open a can of "Indie Cindy was bollocks wasn't it?" and have to try and defend it.

oh really? news to me. gave Indie Cindy a listen today actually and it wasn't as bad as i remembered (although still wouldn't consider it a good album). fingers crossed they can get 'back on track' with this new one (and hopefully not released through EP's beforehand as i think that massively downplayed the importance of a new Pixies album last time round)

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

would absolutely love that. don't really know where he'd place at Glastonbury though, Other headliner/Pyramid sub? or is he smaller than that?

He was due to headline West Holts in 2013, he's defintely got bigger since then, I would say he could well be an other headliner 

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

would absolutely love that. don't really know where he'd place at Glastonbury though, Other headliner/Pyramid sub? or is he smaller than that?

i placed him as a Other sub in a similar vein to Paolo Nutini and Mark Ronson, but he's gotten pretty massive lately so he could well be higher than that. seems the best fit though, before an act like Disclosure or something

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Could continue The Other Stage shite dance act headliners theme from this year.

well Disclosure seem like obvious contenders, so we're a third of the way there. hope not though

Panic! At The Disco headlining Other was such a bizarre choice. must've been Emily's influence going a bit too far there

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

not exactly 'around Glastonbury', but i think what we can gather from this is that Justin Vernon is a liar, and Bon Iver are going to headline Other against Coldplay

http://pitchfork.com/news/62161-bon-iver-announce-tour/

Great news for a miserable morning, they'd be brilliant other headliners undoubtably 

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i think the main thing from that poster is that Panic at the Disco are touring again, so must be nailed on to headline the Other Stage again.

oh the glory days of 2008!

2008Poster.jpg

The Fratellis subbed the Pyramid!! Fucking Christ!

And Biffy Clyro headlined the JP! That must of been brilliant (Replace Biffy Clyro with The National for most of the forum)

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

normally you look back on line-ups and they look better than they did at the time.

Not for that year.

Definitely.

And yet somehow it was the coverage of that festival that convinced me to go to my first Glastonbury. God knows what highlights I was watching...

The Candi Staton/Lupe Fiasco/Fun Loving Criminals over at JazzWorld was a pleasant way to spend a Friday afternoon. Kool Keith and Shlomo on Saturday at the Park was a cracker also.

Not so many pleasant memories about the Pigeon Detectives though. I can't even remember what they sing but I was there.

Friday night at the Park was great, not sure what happened on the Saturday and the Sunday afternoon with Neil Diamond and Laughing Len was ace. I had a lovely bag of MDMA that weekend, kept dipping into for sunny afternoon fun

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

oh really? news to me. gave Indie Cindy a listen today actually and it wasn't as bad as i remembered (although still wouldn't consider it a good album). fingers crossed they can get 'back on track' with this new one (and hopefully not released through EP's beforehand as i think that massively downplayed the importance of a new Pixies album last time round)

Indie Cindy, Greens & Blues and Blue Eyes Hex are all great tunes says I.