West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given that they played it a couple of years back, then I guess we do.

I did not know that. Must have been before I'd heard of them.

Just come across these cats today http://imarhan.bandcamp.com/ I would like them to play. I don't know if they're ever played WH before either.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Toots just announced numerous dates in the UK.

I'll be going to the Bristol one which will make up for what I assume as no appearance at the festival this year!

I don't think he's playing G this year, from the important enquiries I made about reggae for this year. Asking about reggae is always top of the pile with me.

I might see you at Motion, tho, if I can talk the missus into it during festie season.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think he's playing G this year, from the important enquiries I made about reggae for this year. Asking about reggae is always top of the pile with me.

I might see you at Motion, tho, if I can talk the missus into it during festie season.

What's your feelings on the Friday headliner for WH Neil? Do you lean towards Underworld? 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

What's your feelings on the Friday headliner for WH Neil? Do you lean towards Underworld? 

It's certainly within the strong possibles, from a couple of things I know about that I've not said.

In the absence of other strong possibilities, they're my personal best guess.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's certainly within the strong possibles, from a couple of things I know about that I've not said.

In the absence of other strong possibilities, they're my personal best guess.

It seemed so certain that they'd headline JP that I never paid much attention to people saying they'd headline WH, 

I find it hard to even hazard a guess at who might be headlining JP apart from Fatboy Slim, he was a bit of a spanner in the works 

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

If Underworld are WH I'll go back to saying Jake Bugg on JP.

It's just with Neil's 8 WH acts thing people like Underworld and Sigur Rós were easy ones to rule out when there are several very-WH acts on the lineup 

Although some of those acts got confirmed for Silver Hayes and other areas since so Underworld could quite easily fit in to WH

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of the west African acts must also be on there somewhere, though.

Hmm, perhaps. But there'll surely be a few more to come in that department.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also gonna stick with Porter on the Pyramid.  He's crossed over now.  If he was on the Holts he might even be headlining the blighter.

He's playing at 7:25pm though ain't he? That's only gonna be West Holts.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Again, that still seems oddly specific advance info for a jazz mag to have. It only bumps him up one slot from last year when he was fourth down.

yep, tho it also seems strange they'd have a very specific time but get the stage wrong.

Before reading that mag I'd have defo said he'd be Pyramid, but now I suspect that mag is right.

I think we've had info for: James Blake, EW&F, Kamasi Washington & Gregory Porter?

So, realistically, it's 4 others from: Underworld, Rokia Traore, Baaba Maal, Santigold, Ernest Ranglin, Floating Points.
(& possibly LCD Soundsystem if Loaded is correct about the Other headliners because I can't see where else they'd go)

1 minute ago, dj_tim said:

I think we've had info for: James Blake, EW&F, Kamasi Washington & Gregory Porter?

So, realistically, it's 4 others from: Underworld, Rokia Traore, Baaba Maal, Santigold, Ernest Ranglin, Floating Points.
(& possibly LCD Soundsystem if Loaded is correct about the Other headliners because I can't see where else they'd go)

LCD aren't going to be on WH, they're too big for that especially as it's a comeback, I'm entirely convinced they'll be headlining the other stage, whether it's Friday or Sunday that I don't know 

Neil said earlier he's sure Floating Points was on WH 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

LCD aren't going to be on WH, they're too big for that especially as it's a comeback, I'm entirely convinced they'll be headlining the other stage, whether it's Friday or Sunday that I don't know 

Neil said earlier he's sure Floating Points was on WH 

I only said if they're not headlining other, I think (and hope) they'll be headlining other myself.

Missed that about FloPo

35 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

Could extend to a few more. Vince Staples, M83, Roisin Murphy, Little Simz, maybe even Grimes.