West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A quick squizz digs up that both Alpha Blondy and The Abyssinians are touring in Europe later on this year.

both I'd love to see again, tho both I've seen before.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Actually, I reckon this might be Grace Jones' year...

I love a bit of warm leatherette, but you'd need more than ganga to be putting Grace in the token reggae slot I reckon. I'd feel really short-changed if they did that.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see that Chronixx chap last year?

It was only afterwards that I twigged that he was a reggae act - I think I'd read in advance that he was a young soul / r'n'b singer, so gave him a miss.

In the absence of any veteran acts, no reason why they couldn't get on the blower to someone like Protoje or Jah9.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was only afterwards that I twigged that he was a reggae act - I think I'd read in advance that he was a young soul / r'n'b singer, so gave him a miss.

In the absence of any veteran acts, no reason why they couldn't get on the blower to someone like Protoje or Jah9.

Exactly the same with me, duh!  And I'm pretty sure i had Protoje's latest that he features on before last Glasto too. Dunno how that happened. :lol:

Personally I'd prefer that they booked oldie acts for reggae, cos time is running out to see the few who are left.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah I watched chronixx he was okay although you can tell he's after radio time with the music. Unfortunately there isn't a massive market for reggae as it used to be now :( I was really in to it on the day (think he played Friday early on?) but I was swayed by the fact it was reggae and accessible rather than the music being of a high quality!

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Any rumours on the reggae side of things for this year Neil?

You mentioned the fact Damian Marley was playing elsewhere and probably wouldn't come over twice in the summer.

I assume Toots is still off radar due to the bottle throwing incident :(

Lee Scratch Perry, Johnny Clarke, and The Mad Professor are all touring this year, so there's some viable options around.

I have a few mates who run club nights, one of them has been speaking to Omar Souleyman about playing his night.

This was for a gig the weekend before Glastonbury... it is still not finalised yet.

He told me as I loved him when he played in 2011. Whether it means Omar would be sticking in the UK or not, I don't know.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Protoje would be good, yeah. I'd be well up for that.

6 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Any rumours on the reggae side of things for this year Neil?

You mentioned the fact Damian Marley was playing elsewhere and probably wouldn't come over twice in the summer.

I assume Toots is still off radar due to the bottle throwing incident :(

Come to Boomtown!

On 4 February 2016 at 7:53 PM, jimmyt said:

Come to Boomtown!

Just been told I've got a free ticket for Boomtown. My friend is playing in two bands over the weekend there. Dutty Moonshine being one of them. Always wanted to go so made up. Who else on here is going?

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Seeing it is a wish list, I'll be ambitious and wish for Steely Dan as headliners. They have been touring in the US plenty in 2015 so it's not too crazy an idea.

They're playing the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Which has maybe the greatest lineup of all time.

nojhf-16-1200-640x853.jpg

22 hours ago, Memory Man said:

i think the favourite might be the sunday - with a day's gap to the first show in ireland, but could see them doing any of them. would be a nice way to finish the festival and if coldplay are doing the sunday gives a non clash scenario if any of the pyramid headliners turn out to be watchable, which they probably wont.

This would be my ideal scenario. EW&F would be a terrific mainstage headliner to round off the weekend to.