West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Question for the committee: M83 - suitable or unsuitable?

Tough one. On balance I'd say no. Not enough groove going on; a little too much shoegazing. But if Disclosure can play there than anything can happen - and hey, Midnight City has a sax on it.

At the risk of disproving my own point, here's a rather good festival set from 2012 (audio only):

Obviously WH would be preferable but JP headliner or decent slot on Other more likely I reckon.

On 20 November 2015 21:53:35, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was listening me to some Kamasi Washington earlier today.

homepage_large.0441ce5e.jpg

Bring that shit on.

Brilliant record, haven't found the time to listen to the thing in its entirety yet, just the different sections separately. Would love to see him there.

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't imagine M83 on WH myself. Doesn't seem to fit at all. High Park (maybe even headlining - that'd be ace) or JP for sure

Where would you stick Jean Michael Jarre?

I put Simian Mobile Disco in my list because of their recent sounding stuff and the whole Hot Chip thing (forgot to end this sentence EDIT) but I can see how they wouldn't be WH material.

I could see the arguments for M83 as West Holts or The Park headliners.

Edited by HoTWire
Because I totally didn't end a

On 26/11/2015, 17:27:59, Brave Sir Robin said:

Tough one. On balance I'd say no. Not enough groove going on; a little too much shoegazing. But if Disclosure can play there than anything can happen - and hey, Midnight City has a sax on it.

At the risk of disproving my own point, here's a rather good festival set from 2012 (audio only):

Obviously WH would be preferable but JP headliner or decent slot on Other more likely I reckon.

I like that. What's the best album(s) to start with? Cheers

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I like that. What's the best album(s) to start with? Cheers

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is probably their best album, but Before The Dawn Heals Us is maybe a better starting point. then Saturdays = Youth, then Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. they've gotten a lot more pop/conventional with each album, but still fantastic. really hope they play next year. saw them supporting Kings Of Leon in 2009 to a massively unappreciative crowd after knowing nothing about them but they were fantastic regardless. went home and downloaded all their albums that night

On 11/26/2015 5:43:48, Winslow Leach said:

From what I've seen and heard of Floating Points' live sets, he's got a similar set up to Todd Terje. I'd definitely be up for a bit of that on West Holts.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Winslow!

If that happened, I struggle to think what would have me more excited than that, given how much I frickin' love the FP record (my AOTY, as I've said too many times now in other threads).

:)

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Winslow!

If that happened, I struggle to think what would have me more excited than that, given how much I frickin' love the FP record (my AOTY, as I've said too many times now in other threads).

:)

Ben

your rave reviews have swayed me to check him/them out. i like a lot! downloading the album right now

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is probably their best album, but Before The Dawn Heals Us is maybe a better starting point. then Saturdays = Youth, then Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. they've gotten a lot more pop/conventional with each album, but still fantastic. really hope they play next year. saw them supporting Kings Of Leon in 2009 to a massively unappreciative crowd after knowing nothing about them but they were fantastic regardless. went home and downloaded all their albums that night

Thanks a lot! Will be listening to these all next week