• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 8 October 2015 at 20:50:12, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I went with some droogs that only wanted Friday I'm In Love and a couple of numpties who had never heard a note of them, they all loved it.

Yeah I thought I only liked Inbetween Days, wasn't keen on anything else I'd heard. Thought I'd check em out though. Absolutely loved it and I'd say they're one of my favourite bands now.

Also, I seem to remember we once had a disagreement over the quality of Taylor Swift, and now I'm wearing a t-shirt with your avatar on it.

Basically you're always right, what other bands that I don't like are actually great?

Just now, Bradders said:

Yeah I thought I only liked Inbetween Days, wasn't keen on anything else I'd heard. Thought I'd check em out though. Absolutely loved it and I'd say they're one of my favourite bands now.

Also, I seem to remember we once had a disagreement over the quality of Taylor Swift, and now I'm wearing a t-shirt with your avatar on it.

Basically you're always right, what other bands that I don't like are actually great?

History always proves me right, I'm the one constant.

If you provide me with an exhaustive list of bands you don't like, I'll consider it a public service to steer you right.

15 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Why do they never seem to tour around the UK? They only really seem to do a few nights in London every few years from what I notice.

I think the last "proper" UK tour was 1996, I saw them play to a half closed off Manchester Arena, whilst in the midst of a very bad case of man flu so not the best.

Since then they have played the occasional festival gigs and other than that just London more or less. Which they always sell out in about 17 seconds. I managed a couple of these but it's frustrating seeing as they are a British band, a great one at that.

2 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I think the last "proper" UK tour was 1996, I saw them play to a half closed off Manchester Arena, whilst in the midst of a very bad case of man flu so not the best.

Since then they have played the occasional festival gigs and other than that just London more or less. Which they always sell out in about 17 seconds. I managed a couple of these but it's frustrating seeing as they are a British band, a great one at that.

The reason I got into them was the headline set the year before at my first Glasto! Brilliant gig.

Why I quoted my previous post I have no idea.

Edited by ericlered

I saw The Cure back in 2004 at the Old Trafford Cricket ground.

Being born in Blackpool Bob said

"We have had a great night and being from the north we should play gigs in the north more "

I think I attended his only other northern gig since then when they headlined Leeds festival.

I think I should contact him and remind him of this comment.

But then again when an artist says to the crowd " you have been one of the best on this tour " they are prob talking bollocks

45 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Nicely done ;) 

love the band. could get tickets for two of the three london shows last year and they're just amazing, playing about 3,5h each night. getting tickets for the london shows was even worse than getting any for glasto :-) thinking about heading to the dallas show in may - and hoping there's an european tour at the end of the year.

Yes I remember trying to get tickets for Royal Albert Hall gig (I think may have been Teenage Cancer Trust) and for some reason they put them all on presale which I didn't get link to till way too late and they'd all gone.

As I said in earlier post seen them 4 times over the years, 1989 in Glasgow, 2004 at Oxygen festival in Ireland (would have gone to the Manchester Old Trafford gig if I could have but we were away in Ireland anyway so was bonus when they announced they were playing Oxygen), 2008 in Stockholm (only played London in UK on that tour and that was mid week so Saturday in Stockholm was actually easier) and 2012 at the Leeds Festival- all great gigs

saw them at Bestival 2012 - amazeballs

saw them at Crystal Palace bowl 1992 wuith Lush, All about Eve and James.  Fab !

I can honestly say there is not a Cure song I do not like - been listening to them regualrly since 1986

Similar love affair with The Smiths

9 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

saw them at Crystal Palace bowl 1992 with Lush, All about Eve and James.  Fab !

Argh! Don't say that! I missed that gig at the time and have always regretted it!

Made up for it recently with Wembley arena, Albert Hall twice, Hammersmith, Bestival and Leeds but still! :D

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

saw them at Bestival 2012 - amazeballs

saw them at Crystal Palace bowl 1992 wuith Lush, All about Eve and James.  Fab !

I can honestly say there is not a Cure song I do not like - been listening to them regualrly since 1986

Similar love affair with The Smiths

Travelled to London from Glasgow for that, it was the first Garden Party at the crystal palace bowl and my first Cure concert.

brilliant day!