The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

Hi All

Beginning to put groups together, here's what I have so far:

madbrain x2, jon x2, help from CTO

alibear x3, watergirl x1, help from dizzymoo

verymerry x3, jason447 x1, help from mattyc1965

cammie81 x5 (It's likely max 4 so may have to break up your team?)

So, if we can have two lots in each group plus someone extra to help, will really help people's chances of success I hope. Will update later in week....

Thanks Avalon. At the risk of throwing a spanner in the works (where I'm concerned), if watergirl is in Ireland and I'm in the UK, will we be able to buy for each other? I can't see if this has been clarified or not...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory no you cannot have a mixed group of UK and over seas..... that's what See told me.

However, the payment method is down to the lead booker so if the lead booker is UK then you can, and we have, had mixed groups and it all worked fine.

In fact it worked fine on Thursday for coach sales.

So it lead booker is UK - debit card

If lead booker is over seas - credit card.

Thanks Avalon. At the risk of throwing a spanner in the works (where I'm concerned), if watergirl is in Ireland and I'm in the UK, will we be able to buy for each other? I can't see if this has been clarified or not...

See my post earlier today.

Hi All

So, if we can have two lots in each group plus someone extra to help, will really help people's chances of success I hope. Will update later in week....

Thanks avalon, yeah not a problem to break up our team. Can do 4 and 1 or 3 and 2 doesn't really matter.

Hi All

Thank you Avalon

One more question on the resale.  I have never had to resort to it before….  Roughly when in April is it likely to be?  I have vague travel plans for April but want to be at home on the day of the resale.

Resale's usually 3rd or 4th sunday in April, a few weeks after the balance payment deadline. Was april 19th this year

Edited by dizzymoo

Hi All

Happy to help Avalon, and not wishing to complicate what will be a mammoth task, but if people want to try for the few campervan tickets it will affect the choice of lead booker as cv ticket will be in that person's name. GF haven't clarified how new system will work yet but having 2 lots of people wanting cv tickets and trying to buy as 1 group might be an issue?

Happy to help Avalon, and not wishing to complicate what will be a mammoth task, but if people want to try for the few campervan tickets it will affect the choice of lead booker as cv ticket will be in that person's name. GF haven't clarified how new system will work yet but having 2 lots of people wanting cv tickets and trying to buy as 1 group might be an issue?

Fair comment. That's the big downside with the resale, I reckon there will be very few CV tickets, so sadly I suspect it will be very hard to get.

When all said and done, better to increase your chances of getting a ticket by working together, even if it's a big challenge to sort out a CV too.

My plan, a gamble, is some friends will buy two CV tickets when the first sale comes up, one each, so all I need to do is drive in with one of them in my CV. Big risk.....if I don't get a ticket I waste £100.

Wow Avalon - this is so good of you. After the devastation of failing miserably on Sunday, would really appreciate any help in getting x 4 tickets for my son, daughter, her boyfriend and myself. Will send you a pm as requested.

I also have the CV ticket conundrum - as there seems little chance of getting one in the resale would it be worth asking if anyone is willing to purchase one in the next few weeks (would paypal the amount in advance) then if they are able to meet up somewhere close on the Tuesday morning, we can then pick them up with all their kit, drive into the CV fields together, they can then camp in a bit more comfort than the car park (with plenty of free drinks and food) and be in the queue early on Wednesday morning - I don't know if this is a big ask and whether it would work for anyone? I know there is a chance that if we don't get tickets, we will forfeit the £100 CV ticket.

Failing this, I am tempted to cancel our kitchen extension and bid on the Oxfam charity auction for tickets but that would be crazy ........ or would it?!

Fair comment. That's the big downside with the resale, I reckon there will be very few CV tickets, so sadly I suspect it will be very hard to get.

When all said and done, better to increase your chances of getting a ticket by working together, even if it's a big challenge to sort out a CV too.

My plan, a gamble, is some friends will buy two CV tickets when the first sale comes up, one each, so all I need to do is drive in with one of them in my CV. Big risk.....if I don't get a ticket I waste £100.

I may be mistaken but I think campervan tickets can be refunded up to the May deadline in the same way as admission tickets (but your friend would have to do it), so you'd only lose the money if you decided to keep the cv ticket after that in the hope of success in the secret resale. Even if you didn't have a cv ticket and got lucky in the secret sale there would still be the option of Ashcombe Park which is around the same cost and doable if you don't mind walking further. It's definitely an option we'd go for again if we couldn't get cv tickets.

I may be mistaken but I think campervan tickets can be refunded up to the May deadline in the same way as admission tickets (but your friend would have to do it), so you'd only lose the money if you decided to keep the cv ticket after that in the hope of success in the secret resale. Even if you didn't have a cv ticket and got lucky in the secret sale there would still be the option of Ashcombe Park which is around the same cost and doable if you don't mind walking further. It's definitely an option we'd go for again if we couldn't get cv tickets.

Thank you, excellent advice, Ashcombe Park looks a good option, it's close enough to not be a problem.

How have people done this in previous years then? Not many people will have a spare £1300 (or whatever it is) in their account, and you will have to move fast if/when you get through so no time to phone people and ask them to transfer funds into your account.

If you are buying for 6 strangers this will be tricky

The people I have helped in the past have given me their card details. I also did this when I was helped out too. Just don't post them on here. A telephone number will have to be given and whoever gets through will then have to call the person for their card details.

The people I have helped in the past have given me their card details. I also did this when I was helped out too. Just don't post them on here. A telephone number will have to be given and whoever gets through will then have to call the person for their card details.

If you can/are willing to build up trust then it is far easier and quicker to have the details in advance so you can just copy and paste.

We have done this lots for others and so far nobody has booked any expensive holidays.

It is though down to building trust - more so as larger sums  of miney are neded in April.

If you can/are willing to build up trust then it is far easier and quicker to have the details in advance so you can just copy and paste.

We have done this lots for others and so far nobody has booked any expensive holidays.

It is though down to building trust - more so as larger sums of miney are neded in April.

Yes exactly right. Also don't forget if you've handed card details over and they happen to change between now and April to update the person who has your details.

See updated list, first 5 groups now have all the details of each other, so up to you how you plan for the resale, which is months away, but please communicate so you establish a rapport and then you can work best together...for success!! Best wishes all.

madbrain x2, jon x2, help from CTO (emailed out)

alibear x3, watergirl x1, help from dizzymoo (emailed out)

verymerry x3, jason447 x1, help from mattyc1965 (emailed out)

cammie81 x5 jamafa x1, help from myers (emailed out)

onthebeach x4, help from meish and peroni (emailed out)

TBC help from bethannny

Avalon, Meish and Peroni,

What can I say - words are not enough - your help and time is so appreciated. Wouldn't it be fantastic if all the groups have a 100% success rate. Even if we don't, just knowing that 'strangers' are happy to help others without any gain for themselves is truly heartwarming.

Dizzymoo - thanks for the info on Ashcombe for CV - this definitely looks the best option for securing a pitch.

I love this forum!

Campervan ticket conundrum - I have just contacted Ashcombe regarding a pitch and I am confused why it isn't more popular. It's cheaper, you can arrive on Monday, they have showers, getting in and more importantly getting out should be easier (the queue from our campervan field out this year didnt go down until 4pm) shuttle bus, it's not elitist 'glamping' - whats not to like, so what is the downside?