The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

On 11 April 2016 at 2:54 AM, verrymerry said:

Well @Avalon_Fields put a few of us into groups last year, I'm with @A Guy Called Matt & a Jason4471 who I can't find but managed to email.  Fingers crossed for everyone needing tickets.  If I get through for my friends on Thursday, I'm happy to help anyone else who wants to go by coach

Thanks to tremendous group of friends trying for us we were successful (sadly not a second group). Very deliriously happy

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know that Avalon_Fields, who did a lot of work teaming people up for the re-sale, is currently half way up a mountain in Nepal, raising funds for a cancer centre who gave him support when he needed it last year. It would be great if a few on here helped him reach his target.

https://www.justgiving.com/david-and-tom-mclenachan

2 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Glad to come through for you, let me know when you get the confirmation email and congrats you're going to Glastonbury!

I will be forever grateful to you for your extreme kindness! I cannot express my gratitude enough!

Thanks to you, my sister and I will experience our first Glastonbury and the biggest event in our lives so far together. I am sure we will love it!

I will be helping people get their tickets through this forum from now on and I will be happy if I can make anyone as happy as I am right now.

6 minutes ago, ancient_one said:

Just to let you know that Avalon_Fields, who did a lot of work teaming people up for the re-sale, is currently half way up a mountain in Nepal, raising funds for a cancer centre who gave him support when he needed it last year. It would be great if a few on here helped him reach his target.

Ooh thanks for sharing, I've just donated. If he hadn't set me up with Matt I don't think my friends would have got tickets so I owe him! 

35 minutes ago, ancient_one said:

Despite the most brilliant help from Avalon-Fields, Miesh and Peroni we were unsuccessful today.  Anyway, going to be philosophical here and say how heartwarming it was to get help from people I have never met - restores ones faith, which in the big scheme of things, is far more important!  I am sure they had better things to do on a Sunday morning.

Many, many thanks again for their help - and a little 'bump' for a worthwhile cause - just sent over a small donation in the way of a thank you.

1 hour ago, onthebeach said:

Despite the most brilliant help from Avalon-Fields, Miesh and Peroni we were unsuccessful today.  Anyway, going to be philosophical here and say how heartwarming it was to get help from people I have never met - restores ones faith, which in the big scheme of things, is far more important!  I am sure they had better things to do on a Sunday morning.

Many, many thanks again for their help - and a little 'bump' for a worthwhile cause - just sent over a small donation in the way of a thank you.

Feeling so sad that we weren't successful for you today. I admire your attitude and hope you'll get a ticket in the end x

On 14 April 2016 at 7:39 PM, crazyfool1 said:

think the simpler route would be by train , might be a bit more difficult getting the bus back , not sure how you would work it , but all the buses dropping off from castle cary station to the festival will be returning there empty so if you can get on those its straight back to taunton station and then collect the car

Just read that Castle Cary is a bit off from the festival site but am I right assuming there's a shuttle from the bus station? 

On 17 April 2016 at 4:00 PM, ancient_one said:

That's very kind of you, thank you! I was lucky enough to have about 15 friends helping, but most amazingly we were in a remote Nepalese village and I had a super-fast wifi connection, I reckon it was better than at home, and thank you to those efest lovely people who have already donated. I will be doing my best to help with the secret sales. 

I was supposed to get up on Sunday and help a fellow out off efests with trying for a ticket. Unfortunately i didn't get to bed until about 6am on the Sunday morning and slept through my alarm clock, so didn't get the chance to try for him and his friends. For that I will ever hold my head in shame - especially as they didn't manage to get tickets. I feel like a right bastard on that front.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was supposed to get up on Sunday and help a fellow out off efests with trying for a ticket. Unfortunately i didn't get to bed until about 6am on the Sunday morning and slept through my alarm clock, so didn't get the chance to try for him and his friends. For that I will ever hold my head in shame - especially as they didn't manage to get tickets. I feel like a right bastard on that front.

Similar story here. It got to the stage it was too late to go to bed so i stayed up, set up my laptops and pc and got through on 6-7 minutes i think. When i got through i had the 1 of the wrong codes in front of me as ther'd been late changes. I then entered 1 of the postcodes wrong ( they were all the same address) i evetually got through the page to get knocked back to the previous page and by that time they'd sold out.

i felt bad for them and still do thinking if i had of been sober i would of got them, however the fact i did get through to the confirm page and sent back again does make it me feel a bit better.

On 18 April 2016 at 1:06 AM, rzwodezwo said:

great. And getting on the car parks with the ticket handed on the coaches isn't a problem? 

Sorry to bring this up (again). Just read that it's not possible to get a car ticket when going by coach so I assume it's actually not possible to get our car on the Glastonbury parking spaces? Or is there a hack I don't know about? 

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

Sorry to bring this up (again). Just read that it's not possible to get a car ticket when going by coach so I assume it's actually not possible to get our car on the Glastonbury parking spaces? Or is there a hack I don't know about? 

Can't order one through seetickets now. But can get one on the gate. You don't even need to show your festival tickets to do this. We were allowed to park up & meet our friends in the east campervan fields who had our festival tickets in 2013

18 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Can't order one through seetickets now. But can get one on the gate. You don't even need to show your festival tickets to do this. We were allowed to park up & meet our friends in the east campervan fields who had our festival tickets in 2013

Ok, sounds good. I guess that's not too uncommon to do? Would suck to arrive at the festival without our stuff and find out we can't get the car to the fest, haha. 

12 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

I had to meet a mate with my ticket on site in 14 so drove into the car park with a feeling of dread expecting to be turned away. 3 mins later had bought my car park ticket without a hitch and was happily parking up.

Yup we weren't even asked to see tickets in entry to the carpark, the only time you need to get them out at all is at the wristbanding at the main gates 

• 5 weeks later...