The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

6 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

thanks! Could we theoretically get to Taunton by car, hop on the bus to Glasto, take a train/bus ride back to Taunton and drive the car (with our stuff) to the festival site?

yes taunton is 45 mins away by bus , and prety much the same back from castle cary station , Alex taunton resident !!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, delbert71 said:

YAY!!!:D:D:D

Just managed to get a ticket in the coach resale!!! Got 'turned down' a couple of times on the 6.30 departures from Bristol but managed to get on a 9.30 departure before they all went.

Now I'm all set & in a good mood I'd be glad to help anyone on Sunday if needed. Just PM me.

I managed two tickets from bristol!!! WOW 

do you know where the bus station is? is the main bristol coach station?

tx

think the simpler route would be by train , might be a bit more difficult getting the bus back , not sure how you would work it , but all the buses dropping off from castle cary station to the festival will be returning there empty so if you can get on those its straight back to taunton station and then collect the car

7 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

great news! Got tickets for Taunton on Thursday. So happy. 

Well, I got through to the booking page only to receive a text from the friend I was trying for (first timer) saying that she didn't want to go after all!

i bet she's changed her mind by Sunday (I think the scale of the place may be putting her off) so I'll be trying to get through again.

if anyone wants us to try for them too, let me know.

27 minutes ago, cartonio said:

tx

No idea. Just got the confirmation mail and it says 'All departure times / points will be released to you no later than 30 days prior to the event'. Someone here who got a coach from Bristol last year should be able to tell us. Anyone?

43 minutes ago, cartonio said:

tx

Last year it was on the road next to here
https://www.at-bristol.org.uk/

By which I mean we were all on the pavement and then a line of coaches turned up, checked our details and we got on.

Edited by clarkete

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Last year it was on the road next to here
https://www.at-bristol.org.uk/

By which I mean we were all on the pavement and then a line of coaches turned up, checked our details and we got on.

tx. I have to sleep in bristol on the tuesday night. guess it's better to wait before booking a b&b or an hotel..

42 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I got to the payment window and by the time I entered my details they'd sold out. So, yeah, I'm going to be trying again on Sunday. Anyone lending a hand would be massively appreciated. 

It's always the hard way with you, innit? ;)

-----

I've had 4 separate folks PM me on here asking if I needed help for Sunday, but my group should have enough hands on deck to handle it. I love this place, you guys are proper sound. Hopefully their kindness stretches to other people who need it.

Congratulations to everyone who managed it today, and good luck for Sunday those who need it.

Edited by Tuna

10 minutes ago, zico martin said:

all this talk of success is making me feel really pessimistic about my chances of getting me and mrs zico tickets on sunday. Think there's many left?

Nobody will have any idea.  The truth is however many they will be vastly outnumbered by the applicants and likely they will go even quicker than tonight which was what 25 minutes?

Just keep an eye on the other threads for some helpful advice about improving your chances come Sunday, plus be prepared that you may need to resort to the secret resales if you're still keen by then. 

19 minutes ago, zico martin said:

all this talk of success is making me feel really pessimistic about my chances of getting me and mrs zico tickets on sunday. Think there's many left?

Should be opposite. Coach ticket allocation separate from main sale so more people sorted means more tickets available.

Good luck on Sunday.

On Tuesday, October 06, 2015 at 11:18 AM, A Guy Called Matt said:

Yes, sort in advance and where possible get people in touch with each other so that trust can be built.

There has to be trust somewhere along the line and it is so much easier to have bank details in a file to copy and paste than to try and type whilst on the phone to someone.

I agree but I totally understand those who don't want to especially when it's more than the deposit this time. Two people I was going to try for have got them tonight so if you need help I can assist 1 more person on Sunday