The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be mistaken but I think campervan tickets can be refunded up to the May deadline in the same way as admission tickets (but your friend would have to do it), so you'd only lose the money if you decided to keep the cv ticket after that in the hope of success in the secret resale. Even if you didn't have a cv ticket and got lucky in the secret sale there would still be the option of Ashcombe Park which is around the same cost and doable if you don't mind walking further. It's definitely an option we'd go for again if we couldn't get cv tickets.

Just checked Festival website, you can definitely get a refund on cv tickets (less £10) up to the deadline (usually may)

Campervan ticket conundrum - I have just contacted Ashcombe regarding a pitch and I am confused why it isn't more popular. It's cheaper, you can arrive on Monday, they have showers, getting in and more importantly getting out should be easier (the queue from our campervan field out this year didnt go down until 4pm) shuttle bus, it's not elitist 'glamping' - whats not to like, so what is the downside?

The distance you have to walk is the only real downside -it's right next to festival site but as it's on the west side it's a good 45 min yomp to the Cabaret tent, though ok for The Park, JP and Other. Good boots absolutely essential (as I found to my cost). The shuttle wasn't operating this year, I think they had problems getting permission to take people to the pedestrian gate, so it was a fair hike each day. We're used to taking everything we need as none of the cv fields are exactly a short stroll from the action! Depending on the time of day you have to queue for toilets and showers, but nothing like the queues on site. Also not far to walk for water supply. You have to pay for showers (£2.50 this year, not unreasonable). They put all the campervans/caravans together, so like people to be there by wed afternoon. They pack them in pretty tightly so you'd need 3 plots for car + caravan + awning, but that's still less than a cv ticket. There was a friendly atmosphere but you're not right in the action, which might suit some people and not others. Also there's a kiosk selling bacon butties and burgers which was certainly popular with the males in my family. And yes, it was pretty easy to get out on monday.

Not in the Glasto spirit I know, but am slightly concerned I'm spreading the word too much as we may well need to book a place there if we can't get cv tickets! Sorry, not worthy.

Just checked Festival website, you can definitely get a refund on cv tickets (less £10) up to the deadline (usually may)  The distance you have to walk is the only real downside -it's right next to festival site but as it's on the west side it's a good 45 min yomp to the Cabaret tent, though ok for The Park, JP and Other. Good boots absolutely essential (as I found to my cost). The shuttle wasn't operating this year, I think they had problems getting permission to take people to the pedestrian gate, so it was a fair hike each day. We're used to taking everything we need as none of the cv fields are exactly a short stroll from the action! Depending on the time of day you have to queue for toilets and showers, but nothing like the queues on site. Also not far to walk for water supply. You have to pay for showers (£2.50 this year, not unreasonable). They put all the campervans/caravans together, so like people to be there by wed afternoon. They pack them in pretty tightly so you'd need 3 plots for car + caravan + awning, but that's still less than a cv ticket. There was a friendly atmosphere but you're not right in the action, which might suit some people and not others. Also there's a kiosk selling bacon butties and burgers which was certainly popular with the males in my family. And yes, it was pretty easy to get out on monday.Not in the Glasto spirit I know, but am slightly concerned I'm spreading the word too much as we may well need to book a place there if we can't get cv tickets! Sorry, not worthy.

Ssssshhh!

For those of us that failed in the main sale and who stand a good chance of tickets in the resale because of fantastic support from people on this forum but who can't carry much kit so need a van (but can still walk a distance) ... This is a good option.

Clearly not worthy either!

This forum just proves what a lovely bunch the Glasto crowd are!!!

I'm in a group of four that missed out last Sunday :-(

Any help would be very much appreciated, however i must admit i am getting a bit confused

as to the process now. Maybe its cos I'm very tired, Ha.

Many thanks

Dave

This forum just proves what a lovely bunch the Glasto crowd are!!!

I'm in a group of four that missed out last Sunday :-(

Any help would be very much appreciated, however i must admit i am getting a bit confused

as to the process now. Maybe its cos I'm very tired, Ha.

Many thanks

Dave

We're all getting into groups to try and help each other in the resale, a few efestival regulars who have tickets have offered to help and others (like me) have asked for help, so Avalon is matching us up.  If you DM him your name, email address & phone number he may be able to find you a helper :)

Tell me to mind my own business, but doing it this publicly may attract newcomers and thieves. 

That is entirely possible but I think if the people in your group have been posting here for a while (as the people I'm in a group have been) then it may be worth it!  I for one have faith in my team that they won't rob me :P

We're all getting into groups to try and help each other in the resale, a few efestival regulars who have tickets have offered to help and others (like me) have asked for help, so Avalon is matching us up. If you DM him your name, email address & phone number he may be able to find you a helper :)

Thanks verymerry, will do.

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by DaveyGee

Well I think it's finally sunk in. After doing a bit of travelling, I'm back to reality. We never managed to get tickets. I was in New York when tickets got released, so at a disadvantage straight away. But I stayed awake - 4am and had 3 other people trying for our group of 8. Not one of us even got to the holding page.

I can put the myth to bed that international buyers / connections get it easier 

The group of 8 has gone to a group of 4 who are attempting the resale, that maybe down to just 2 of us soon. 

Update:

madbrain x2, jon x2, help from CTO (emailed out)

alibear x3, watergirl x1, help from dizzymoo (emailed out)

verymerry x3, jason447 x1, help from mattyc1965 (emailed out)

cammie81 x5 jamafa x1, help from myers (emailed out)

onthebeach x4, help from meish and peroni (emailed out)

TBC help from bethannny

Mspacman, Aragorn, Waapster teamed up (emailed out)

Im looking for four as i missed out this year, still cant beleive we didnt get any, i had the countdown screen, but it kept freezing, i havent posted much i know, but do visit most days, i did post a link to a night time panoramic photo i took in 2013 so i have contributed a bit, its here if anyones still interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111790822@N04/17069491220/

Edited by flyinggiraffe

• 4 months later...