The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

So theres a few people who missed out on tickets in the main sale including some people we all would like to be there in june. So ive set this thread up so if anyone wants help getting tickets in the resale can post in here asking for help

Can i also ask those who are availalble to help also make themselves know in here and we can pull together in april nearer the time and share it amongst everyone

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was 6 last year but 4 the year before and yes you do have to pay in full.

How have people done this in previous years then? Not many people will have a spare £1300 (or whatever it is) in their account, and you will have to move fast if/when you get through so no time to phone people and ask them to transfer funds into your account.

If you are buying for 6 strangers this will be tricky

How have people done this in previous years then? Not many people will have a spare £1300 (or whatever it is) in their account, and you will have to move fast if/when you get through so no time to phone people and ask them to transfer funds into your account.

If you are buying for 6 strangers this will be tricky

Those I have helped in the past have given me their bank details and you only try for as many are 'together' unless someone is willing to fund the lot.

For me this has been, so far, a max of two at a time but I know of others who have done larger groups. All using the one who wants tickets bank details - and having them in advance.

Those I have helped in the past have given me their bank details and you only try for as many are 'together' unless someone is willing to fund the lot.

For me this has been, so far, a max of two at a time but I know of others who have done larger groups. All using the one who wants tickets bank details - and having them in advance.

Thanks for that. The key is to get everything agreed well in advance then. Getting for 3 couples (say) who dont know each other will involve quite a lot of trust somewhere along the line. It would seem a shame to buy for just 2 people and leave 4 slots empty though.

Thanks for that. The key is to get everything agreed well in advance then. Getting for 3 couples (say) who dont know each other will involve quite a lot of trust somewhere along the line. It would seem a shame to buy for just 2 people and leave 4 slots empty though.

Yes, sort in advance and where possible get people in touch with each other so that trust can be built.

There has to be trust somewhere along the line and it is so much easier to have bank details in a file to copy and paste than to try and type whilst on the phone to someone.

Please include me, as needing tickets and also happy to help.

Perhaps we can start building groups to work together.

I'm happy to trust all the regulars on efests with any financial arrangement

Arranging groups and lead bookers is best, but amidst the nightmare of organising it, avoid overlapping membership to then avoid the risk of having any of the group having tickets already bought and the delay of entering a new person. Maybe teaching you to suck eggs, but just highlighting it again. Edit - not to Avalon, but to all bookers. Edited by carlosj

What i was thinking of doing russy was to ask in advance things like how many tickets can you afford on tday, would you be willing to share bank details to other efesters helping, would you be willing to transfer money in advance to other who are willinng to share. From this information we can build groups up as much as possible to give us the best chance of getting everyone sorted

And people, as said above, should try to build up some contact now, exchange phone numbers, addresses.  It's all about human trust and the Glastonbury spirit.  

I would be very happy to do this, organise all the groups and do all the work on this

If anyone else really wants to do this please say, I don't mind

Let me know what the concensus is

I am already helping a fair few but can try and help if able on the day.

Prior to that I am more than happy to help with organisation - PM m,e if you want help with that, even if it is just ideas from what I have done before.

I will be trying for 5 (as will the other 4) in April so potentially one space in our group if it is a max of 6 again.

Should be able to cover the ticket cost on the day as I am assuming if no payment is recieved I could still get a refund on the extra ticket (not sure if that's right though).

I will be trying for 5 (as will the other 4) in April so potentially one space in our group if it is a max of 6 again.

Should be able to cover the ticket cost on the day as I am assuming if no payment is recieved I could still get a refund on the extra ticket (not sure if that's right though).

I don't think you could get a refund as only the person whose name the ticket is in can cancel.

See might help if you explained the situation, but they might  just say hard luck as it was you that took the risk.

That is why building trust before is essential.

I don't think you could get a refund as only the person whose name the ticket is in can cancel.

See might help if you explained the situation, but they might  just say hard luck as it was you that took the risk.

That is why building trust before is essential.

I'd be happy to trust regular posters on here to be honest.

Great idea.  How would this work between different countries?  I live in Ireland.  Ticketless friends of mine are in England and Germany. UK customers have to pay with a debit card, whereas abroad it would be credit card.  

Can I pay for 4 or 6 people with my credit card if some of them are registered as UK customers?

Edited by Watergirl

This thread really gives me hope, what a nice bunch we have here.

I desperately need some help for our group of four who missed out and you wont find a group more grateful if anyone can help me out.

Please PM me if you can help, I will reward them handsomely!