Massive Attack

Mezhyp1

40 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

They were brilliant in Manchester last week. I'd of loved a bit less Heligoland for a Blue Lines tune or two though.

Daddy G forgot the words to Karmacoma and I think 3D got a pissed off and they left stage a bit prematurely before the encore

It looked to me like his mic went to shit after 3D came in. He was gesturing at it, and 3D said something cross into his at the sound desk, to the effect of "that wants turning up".

Personally I thought the Heligoland tunes were great, Girl I Love You was a highlight and I was really hoping to hear Atlas Air. I'll admit that I did feel a bit annoyed at no Safe From Harm, it would have fit into the set perfectly.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I heard 3D go to him "you forgot?" and Daddy G looked back with like a grin and nodded and 3D went "Well what am I supposed to do?" and then he looked a bit annoyed and neither of them attempted to sing again. I may of made this up completely though... I was quite drunk at the time but that's what my eyes/ears seen/heard...

Yeah I was hoping for Atlas Air too :(, Girl I Love You was fucking brilliant. Future Proof was another personal highlight, I was fixated on the 1's and 0's the entire time, amazing

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I know that the Adele sub slot is currently a hot topic - if it isn't Radiohead, or Disclosure, could it be Massive Attack? Or have they previously been ruled out?

Nah they played 2 years ago so this would be them playing in a worse slot with only an EP released in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Nah they played 2 years ago so this would be them playing in a worse slot with only an EP released in the meantime.

I did think it may be a bit soon after 2014, however I would have thought subbing the Pyramid is a higher slot than headlining the Other? Tbh I've never really thought about it too much until then! Hardly any new material as you quite rightly state though.

Edited by djdavejohnson

7 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I did think it may be a bit soon after 2014, however I would have thought subbing the Pyramid is a higher slot than headlining the Other? Tbh I've never really thought about it too much until then! Hardly any new material as you quite rightly state though.

Yeah sorry I meant a worse slot performance-wise as it won't be dark. I agree that Pyramid sub is a bigger slot, but I can't see them moving Massive Attack up the bill at all.

10 minutes ago, septemberwillow said:

Didn't get tickets and now wondering if I will regret it - they were brilliant headlining the OS two years ago.

Was going to wait a bit before getting tickets but then saw the massive queue for the Bristol Ticket shop this morning and decided to get online at 9am.  The venue is just across the road from my house so had to go really!

Should be able to get a ticket later if you don't mind paying a bit over the odds.

7 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Was going to wait a bit before getting tickets but then saw the massive queue for the Bristol Ticket shop this morning and decided to get online at 9am.  The venue is just across the road from my house so had to go really!

Should be able to get a ticket later if you don't mind paying a bit over the odds.

I believe the booker needs to go with them?  That's what they said earlier.

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I believe the booker needs to go with them?  That's what they said earlier.

Yes that's sort of what put me off getting tickets - lead booker had to go with their ID or nominate ANOther at the time of booking - if we changed our minds, I thought we might not get rid of the tickets as a result. Although whether they enforce this remains to be seen.....

46 minutes ago, septemberwillow said:

Yes that's sort of what put me off getting tickets - lead booker had to go with their ID or nominate ANOther at the time of booking - if we changed our minds, I thought we might not get rid of the tickets as a result. Although whether they enforce this remains to be seen.....

Been to gigs where they have said this before and never seen it enforced  Plus they are on sale on 3rd party sites such as "get me in" which is owned by ticketmaster which sort of defeats the object and doubt they would sell them on if people where going to get turned away. Still a bit of a risk to take mind.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, BigBadDom said:

I was there and it was incredibly wet and windy but amazing! Did anyone make a note of the setlist? Be very happy if anyone could share it.

Yeah I thought it was great, and also enjoyed savages as well. I think this setlist is about right although I don't really recall Karmacoma but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Hymn of the Big Wheel

United Snakes

Risingson

Man Next Door

Ritual Spirit

Girl I Love You

Future Proof

Eurochild

Voodoo in My Blood

Old Rock n Roll

(Young Fathers cover)

Shame

He Needs Me

Inertia Creeps

Angel

Take It There

Safe From Harm

Karmacoma

Unfinished Sympathy

Edited by rubenz

51 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Yeah I thought it was great, and also enjoyed savages as well. I think this setlist is about right although I don't really recall Karmacoma but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Hymn of the Big Wheel

United Snakes

Risingson

Man Next Door

Ritual Spirit

Girl I Love You

Future Proof

Eurochild

Voodoo in My Blood

Old Rock n Roll

(Young Fathers cover)

Shame

He Needs Me

Inertia Creeps

Angel

Take It There

Safe From Harm

Karmacoma

Unfinished Sympathy

Pretty sure there was no Karmacoma.

Great day despite the weather. Primal Scream were on form as well. Great crowd an' all, everyone was really friendly and polite!

Setlist is pretty amazing, looks better than what we got at Hyde Park, would've loved Man Next Door or Hymn Of The Big Wheel (never seen them play that one live), but still no Atlas Air! They seem to play it really rarely, but it's easily one of their best songs. They seem to be phasing out Paradise Circus also, that one always got a big crowd reaction.

Went to this. (Clifton downs that is) Very wet. Very windy. But sported a very trendy poncho and had a lot of beer and had an amazing time.

Thought savages and skepta were excellent. Third time i've seen primal scream and for me was their weakest set out of those three. Massive attack were incredible. Loved the cinematic feel of the set and the sound was some of the best i've heard at an outdoor gig. (Despite the sometime apocalyptic weather)

Only slight negative of it all was perhaps needed better organisation the bars? The queues got ridiculous as more people came in.

Don't think it was an issue of too many people as the main arena never felt overcrowded, maybe needed more than one entrance at each bar/more bar staff?

Overall loved it though ☺

Edited by Tyonks