4 goes to Glastonbury.. 1995

incident

I posted this a few months ago on one of the Youtube threads but I think it got buried in the pre-festival hype and most people won't have seen it..

Someone has posted a complete set (7 Episodes / 10 hours) of Channel 4's Glastonbury 1995 coverage on Youtube, which is well worth checking out if you've got any interest. Some amazing stuff on there from a year with an outstanding lineup.

It's got an obscenely low number of views on Youtube (and probably about a quarter of them are from me) so figured it'd be worth sharing again.

Anyway..

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPEH9n2NIpqwfW44uU4vJSq3-T3WaoRBn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. I was there in 95 but don't remember any of those bands, i don't think. No idea what the fuck I was doing. I'd just come back from a year working in Slovakia, had no idea who was playing, hadn't seen a lineup or anything. Only been back in the country for a day or two, sititng on my arse watching telly when my cousin asked me if I fancied going down with him and his mates, so I bundled into his car and away we went. Not a fucking clue. Jumped the fence so had no programme etc.

Ah the folly of youth, Damn I miss being a daft young c**t.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,

But to be young was very heaven

My first. Did the classic young music fans first time thing of seeing as many bands as possible. I must find the time to watch those clips. I remember asking my mate to video some stuff for me as my machine had bust and he did it in double time which I couldn't play.

Gonna be hard to watch as I didn't get a glimpse of a booking page yesterday.

Wierd to almost think of 1995 being from a completly different era! Makes me feel old - haha.

I remember catching snippets of this late night (I was around 13 at the time) and for the first time seeing what Glastonbury was really like, then the BBC got the coverage for 1997 and did it properly and I think that's when 'modern' Glastonbury really started as more people who wouldn't have gone before then started attending because they saw it wasn't just full of drugs and crime. 

Yep, this is the first one I remember watching on tv - and it engendered in me a lazy bastard kind of interest that didn't get actually fulfilled for another bloody decade! For this I blame money, football, useless mates, travelling and my own inability to realise I can do this kind of thing on my own and it's perfectly ok not to have to go in a group. It took me a while!

Thanks for posting that link. I was there! Ah happy days! 1995 is still one of my very favourite Glastonburys. I had such a great time! I have this on video and loads of other Glastonburys as my mum taped them for me. I just need to get a new video machine to watch them on now, so this link is great. Cheers :)