The Numbers

Padgey

It has always intrigued me what are the actual statistics for Glastonbury with regards the number of people attending, the ticket type they got, the amount of workers, the number of VIP's/free access people and the overall total at Glastonbury.  Is there anywhere these statistics can be found or does GF not release this information:

• Coach Tickets
  • General Sale Tickets
  • Workers
  • VIP tickets
  • Performers additional tickets
  • Overall attendance (Sum of above)

Wikipedia suggests 135,000 tickets are sold but I'm assuming this is coach and general tickets only.

I think Coach & GA adds up to 135,000

Used to be approx. 45,000 staff, but someone said last year they were granted permission to increase this to 90,000 (over time), and they thought that there would be an extra 20,000 staff on site last year (2015). Which would make approx. 135,000 + 60,000 = 195,000 on site last year plus blaggers, so prob not far off 200k.

Certainly felt VERY busy on site last year.

Busiest Thursday I have seen certainly.

Public weekend tickets are a maximum of 135,000
Sunday tickets are 5,000
Staff/complimentary/performer passes - 63,000

This might be a good read for you (and anyone else interested)

your reading it as if its already happened.

key words are 'over the next ten years '

' it may ' rise to 63,000 by 2024 which does indicate that there will be more fancy pre pitched tents -

your reading it as if its already happened.

key words are 'over the next ten years '

' it may ' rise to 63,000 by 2024 which does indicate that there will be more fancy pre pitched tents -

That's me not reading it properly - makes sense that they are prepared for a change in people visiting the festival. 

That's me not reading it properly - makes sense that they are prepared for a change in people visiting the festival. 

No problem - I have seen Newspapers claiming the same thing even although I know its well out -

I am sure that over the years we will see them moving over to more pre erected tents to try and stop the insane dumping of perfectly good tents - in 2014 I spotted two identical £130 Vango tents - that just looked brand new - I showed them to a friend who had his car with him - he hung about but no one showed up so he grabbed them for his Team.

That was very close to Gate D ' in a area that was not meant for camping ' - they had left all their camping gear - just walked away from it all - clearly people who have money to burn.

such a waste and its getting worse each year.

Dont forget local tickets as well always wondered if they are included in the total figure ? .they usually go on sale a week before the resale.

That's a very good point Cidy, I know people who live in Pilton get free tickets so that's another number to factor in. 

I am sure that over the years we will see them moving over to more pre erected tents to try and stop the insane dumping of perfectly good tents - in 2014 I spotted two identical £130 Vango tents - that just looked brand new - I showed them to a friend who had his car with him - he hung about but no one showed up so he grabbed them for his Team.

For me, I would never leave anything, regardless if it was broken or not. Most of the time a broken tent can be repaired. If I drove to and from the festival, I would likely stick around and see if I could get away with taking stuff that people leave. A lot of the stuff I have seen left behind have been large tents from big groups, along with their airbeds and sleeping bags. They have obviously all chipped in no more then £20 and cannot be bothered to take the tent down Monday morning.

Pre-erected tents is the only way to stop that from happening - if there was more of a recycling tent area (similar to camplight) whereby they checked the site and took all the good camping stuff, cleaned it and stored it and just advertised it to the large groups that they didn't have to carry all their stuff and got all the comforts they would have, a large percentage would no doubt jump at the chance. Especially when you consider that they have to go out and buy the items and then set it up when they get there.

Almost like you have more 'posh' camping (so, more Worthy View maybe inside the fence?) and then the Camplight which isn't 'posh' you get to be in a camping area that's sought after but you don't have to get there the night before and queue at the gates to find a decent spot with your mates.

A win-win really, the festival reduces the waste, the leftover tents / camping gear is reused and the campers don't have to carry as much stuff.

I am rambling a little bit now.... sorry about that!