Booking Campervan and Worthy View? Is it possible?

tvrobbie

Morning everyone. Somehow i was one of the lucky few yesterday, after missing out last year.

I know the campervan passes are changing this year and will be tied to the booker/registration details, but is it possible to book a campervan pass and worthy view place?

My mum is coming for the first time and is undecided whether she wants to to worthy view or campervan, so I advised trying to book both, then she can decide later.

In the past, being able to swap campervan tickets was really helpful and seemed to go very very well mainly thanks to sterling work by bonedaddy!)

Have a look at the 'glastonbury 2106 campervans' thread below.  

Someone has confirmed that anyone holding a ticket booking can individually book CV or WV.

Do you could book CV in your name, and WV in your mum's.

I maybe didn't word it correctly. Both the campervan and worthy view passes will be used. I'll either use the CV pass, whilst my mum stays in worthy view with my aunt, or vice versa, I'll stay in worthy view, while she's in the CV field.

It's more the issue that the CV pass may be attached to my name as I'm the lead booker, so i was worried I may not have the option to let her use the campervan.

Also, give the old girl a break. She's 67 years old and it's her first Glastonbury. She's entitled to be a bit undecided.

No worries, didn't know the details hence why I phrased it as a question.

All power to her though, great that she is up for it. Although I would seriously consider removing WV from the options though - I'm over 10 years her junior and I struggled with the sheer amount of walking involved and up/down the hill.

I maybe didn't word it correctly. Both the campervan and worthy view passes will be used. I'll either use the CV pass, whilst my mum stays in worthy view with my aunt, or vice versa, I'll stay in worthy view, while she's in the CV field.

It's more the issue that the CV pass may be attached to my name as I'm the lead booker, so i was worried I may not have the option to let her use the campervan.

Also, give the old girl a break. She's 67 years old and it's her first Glastonbury. She's entitled to be a bit undecided.

I suggest you email GFL and ask about this. I asked about multiple tickets with 1 name (for a convoy) and they intimated it shouldn't be an issue for the group, so there seems to be flexibility.  However, how this gets carried out by stewarding staff obviously remains to be seen, especially as our group is 2 vans and 1 parking, where the parking person used to get the tickets to minimise P&P - he won't be with us, so rhetorically, can we still ask him to get the tickets.... anyway that's our problem, not yours obvs.

What do you mean by lead booker? I interpret the website to mean that whoever is the lead booker for the CV tickets will be the name on those tickets, not the lead booker for these sales just gone by.

I have the same request - I need a Worthy View for myself, and camper for my parents.

Can I - in one transaction - buy the WV (allocated to my registration) and a camper (allocated to Mum's)?

I can't see how, as (I believe) there is one lead booker for both tickets. Again, try GFL on this scenario, it would help the rest of us, thanks.

Heard back from Glastonbury office. They suggest the CV pass will have to be booked in Mum's name, WV in my name:

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
"Hi Re. changes to booking campervan passes this year. I'm hoping to stay in the worthy view campsite this year, but I'm also hoping to to book a campervan pass for my mum, who's on my booking and will give me a lift to the festival. As the lead booker for my group will my name be on the campervan pass? If it is, will my mum still be able to use the pass and allow me to get a lift, then walk up to worthy view? Am I able to book both CV pass and worthy view under my name. Thanks Rob"

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your message. Your mum would need to purchase the campervan pass in her name when they come on sale in a few weeks, it won’t matter that you were the lead booker for the ticket sale, as long as she has a valid ticket booking she’d be eligible to book that. The pass would be in her name then, and you’d be able to book any Worthy View accommodation in your details.

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival