Garden Trolley

Ave

Morning all!

I'm very lucky in that I'm going to Glastonbury again next year, yippee! I'm thinking of taking a garden trolley with me to lug all my gear from the car to campsite. Not unlike this: http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CKWe2tvvqsgCFWR22wodcFkNLw

My questions are: people who have taken similar trollies in the past, how awkward are they to assemble? Did you assemble it when you got to Glastonbury or before you left? How bulky are they to transport in your car?

Thank you. :girldance:

If its any help, all i remember seeing on the way into the festival was hundreds of mangled trollies and stray wheels!

That one looks fairly robust but id still be surprised if you end up taking it home with you at the end of the festival!

Some of the most successful ones iv seen were simply green plastic wheelie bins!

Hope this helps

We have taken a similar trolley to 3 Glastonbury's now, although I think ours is a bit bigger than that one.  We have a big car and depending on who else is going slightly depends on what we do with it.   We can get it in the boot if the back seats are folded down, but you have to put the sides down and take the handle off.  That obviously takes up a lot of space so its ok if we don't have any other passengers. 

We have also taken the wheels and handle off (not difficult, but can be messy if the trolley got muddy at the festival) and put it, laden, on the roof bars.

As far as robustness, its good, its easy to pull, even in mud, and you can stack it quite high - you just need to watch over uneven ground that the trolley doesn't twist cos that's what will cause damage.  It converts to a handy table for the tent, or it goes into the lock ups - again depending on how many people are sleeping in the tent. 

They work OK and you can get spare wheels for them (take a spare with you). make sure the tyres are pumped up & don't overload them because the wheel bearings fail if you do and the wheel falls off (you can get ones with metal wheel rims that are a bit sturdier). Also get some foam to pad the corners as they don't half hurt if they catch your ankles.

A good tip is if you have kids - with some plastic plumbing pipes and tape/string and you can make a covered wild-west style buggy to drag your kids around in out of one..

We have one of these and have used it for three festivals (Glasto, Wilderness and 2000 Trees). We didn't have to cover much distance for two of the festivals but nonetheless it's now on it's last legs and if it gets us through another Glasto we'll be happy.

We take it in parts and my husband assembles it when we arrive which is a bit of a hassle, but we wouldn't fit it in the car otherwise, as we are rarely travelling alone. We put the wheels in black bags as they get pretty muddy.

Morning all!

I'm very lucky in that I'm going to Glastonbury again next year, yippee! I'm thinking of taking a garden trolley with me to lug all my gear from the car to campsite. Not unlike this: http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=CKWe2tvvqsgCFWR22wodcFkNLw

My questions are: people who have taken similar trollies in the past, how awkward are they to assemble? Did you assemble it when you got to Glastonbury or before you left? How bulky are they to transport in your car?

Thank you. :girldance:

We have one of these but ours is a bit bigger. Dead easy to take down/put together.

The bottom bit with wheels stats as is and sides and hand just slide off with some metal pegs.

Had to get 3 spare wheels in 5 years can't complain and worth the money

• 2 weeks later...