Resale ticket quantities

wwinstanley

Hi all,

Im new to here, had no idea there was such a wealth of knowledge available on all things glastonbury! (And other festivals)

I went to Glastonbury last year but unfortunately missed out on tickets yesterday.

I will be trying for the resale early next year.

I know its impossible to predict, but based on previous years roughly how many tickets go up for resale?

just trying to guage how much chance i actually have!

That's only 13k back in the pot. Resale time would be 3 mins based on the main sales timings.

Is that right? Can't be... I thought I read somewhere it took 15mins to sell out in the re sale. Which, again based on the main sales timings, would mean half the tickets would be back in the pot.

Personally I don't think they sell the full amount in the main sale and keep some back for the resale. Why? I have no idea, just get that feeling.

I'm sure in last year's resale you could only buy 4 tickets in a batch. Although that could just be my memory playing up as I was very drunk when trying to get tickets for my two mates who missed out on the main sale.

Rumour from last year was that up to 10% of tickets end up in the resale.

I reckon you may be close even if its double that - if we work on 133,000 { not counting local tickets } it could be between 13,000 and 26,000 { at the very most } - I doubt there was not the same demand hence why it takes longer ' in the past '

People these days are better informed if they are tracking @GlastoFest so each year I reckon they will go faster.

This claim that they held back tickets does not make any sense at all.

That's only 13k back in the pot. Resale time would be 3 mins based on the main sales timings.

Is that right? Can't be... I thought I read somewhere it took 15mins to sell out in the re sale. Which, again based on the main sales timings, would mean half the tickets would be back in the pot.

Personally I don't think they sell the full amount in the main sale and keep some back for the resale. Why? I have no idea, just get that feeling.

Really doubt any are held back.

You absolutely can't read anything into the sale timings. It's already known that the sale timings are somewhat throttled in order to sell approximately at a pre-determined rate rather than simply "as fast as possible", it's entirely possible (and likely) that the re-sale is throttled at a slower rate than the main sale.

So am i right in thinking there is a predetermined time and date advertised for the resale, then the secret resales are as and when they decide to do them, unadvertised?

And yes less tickets in the resale but my guess is that theres nowhere near as many people trying.

Just a pain for me as i live in jersey so i have to wait until april to see if i get tickets then its a mad panic to boox a flight, travel and camping if still available!

Just a pain for me as i live in jersey so i have to wait until april to see if i get tickets then its a mad panic to book a flight, travel and camping if still available!

You've just summed up exactly why the resale lasts longer - A lot of the people who failed on Sunday will have either spent the money on tickets for another festival (as we did in 2010 when we missed out) or getting time off work, hiring campervans, glamping being fully booked, or getting organised is too much trouble or not feasible. 

The 4 ticket limit will also put off some bigger groups.

My advise is to give your registration details to all your friends - go on facebook, twitter whatever and get it out there and come resale day get as many of them hammering away at the seetickets website as you can - it's a complete lottery so the more attempts your making the more chance you have of getting through.

You've just summed up exactly why the resale lasts longer - A lot of the people who failed on Sunday will have either spent the money on tickets for another festival (as we did in 2010 when we missed out) or getting time off work, hiring campervans, glamping being fully booked, or getting organised is too much trouble or not feasible. 

The 4 ticket limit will also put off some bigger groups.

My advise is to give your registration details to all your friends - go on facebook, twitter whatever and get it out there and come resale day get as many of them hammering away at the seetickets website as you can - it's a complete lottery so the more attempts your making the more chance you have of getting through.

Thats my plan, the majority of my friends got tickets in the general sale so if all goes to plan i will have plenty of people helping me out!

Thanks for all the info guys, just a case of playing the waiting game for 6 months now!

As has been said, sale time means nothing. Far far less people try in the resale so See tickets do not need to commit anywhere near as many resources to it as they do for the main sale when the world and his wife are trying. I also agree that there is no sane reason why tickets would be held back, Glastonbury are in the business of shifting tickets as fast and as soon as possible.