Late Thursday travel?

mynameismatt

I managed to get tickets for the first time, but then looked at my exam timetable and found one that I hadn't noticed before I got the tickets.

It's on the Thursday afternoon and I live in Leeds, does anyone know of a way of getting there (that a student can afford) or am I going to have to get rid of my ticket? 

I get that it's a bit early for knowing train times, but I guess someone might have been in a similar situation in the past.

Try national express coaches they run till Friday I think ?

There aren't any from either Manchester or Leeds after 12pm on the Thursday. Didn't realise they ran on Friday, there's just one at 7:30am in Manchester on the Friday, which is what I might have to go for unless there's something I've missed, thanks.

Other than the fact that there are a couple of additional services to Castle Cary at festival time, the train timetable doesn't change significantly over the year.

Currently there's a 16:40 service from Leeds, with one change at Reading, and arriving in CC at 22:14. Would that suit?

There's also an option of a 17:15 Leeds - London service that allows you to catch the same CC train from Paddington, but going via London is likely to be more expensive and involves lugging your stuff on the Underground.

There'll be shuttle buses to meet that train, although your next hurdle would be setting up camp in the dark :)

Should be able to get train. Might have to change to get to castle carry. Don't know what time shuttle bus stops if at all on Thursday to site.

Other than the fact that there are a couple of additional services to Castle Cary at festival time, the train timetable doesn't change significantly over the year.

Currently there's a 16:40 service from Leeds, with one change at Reading, and arriving in CC at 22:14. Would that suit?

There's also an option of a 17:15 Leeds - London service that allows you to catch the same CC train from Paddington, but going via London is likely to be more expensive and involves lugging your stuff on the Underground.

There'll be shuttle buses to meet that train, although your next hurdle would be setting up camp in the dark :)

I'm meeting people there, so I don't need to worry about camping or getting luggage through, I just need to get myself there!

Last year the last shuttle bus was 22:30, so that might work to get to Castle Cary and if I miss it then I might just have to pay for a taxi, but I'm not as worried as I was! :) Thanks

I've only got there on Friday the last 2 years... It's not as good as getting there Wed, but no reason to get rid of your ticket...

It was the price of travel which was my main concern. The best solution I had seen was a £120+ train on top of the £230 ticket which meant I might have just gone to Leeds Festival instead, but I'd missed the Friday coach or the train with only 1 change mentioned here, so I should be fine.