On a different note...Euro Football at G16!

Cooter

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

One huge difference is that a football match lasts for 90 minutes and Glasto lasts for a week.  I suspect that if you penned up a load of football fans who stayed overnight for a week to watch a tournament unfolding day-by day then you'd have a lot more arrests.

Feel very dumb for not working that out now. Knew there was something fishy about that statistic.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

One huge difference is that a football match lasts for 90 minutes and Glasto lasts for a week.  I suspect that if you penned up a load of football fans who stayed overnight for a week to watch a tournament unfolding day-by day then you'd have a lot more arrests.

While that is true, the report covers the entire season.There were 1,873 arrests, so if you split that by club (92 of them), that's an average of 20 arrests per club. If we say that a match 'experience' is around 2 hours (including half time and before + after the game), with 23 home league games a season (plus cups but we won't include that) which is essentially 46 hours of entertainment, that's 1 arrest every game, which really is not that bad at all considering the size of the crowds.

37 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

im a football fan but thats not what I go to a festival for.....one of the best things about glasto for me is escaping from reality of modern life........nothing would bring that crashing down to earth more then watching england fail again and people whining over 22 men kicking a ball around.

after 1,752 posts you speak sense at last... ;) 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The draw is made tomorrow. As I understand it we would like our preferred national teams to either win Group E or come second in Group B, D or F to avoid a second round game clashing with music at Glastonbury so it's a small possibility but one of those would do.

I'm also watching the draw hoping Wales' first fixture doesn't clash with Download and the other fixtures don't clash with Glastonbury but haven't bothered working out which group is best as my head was starting to hurt.

Depending on how the draw pans out, I'll probably go to Download, miss the first Wales game, then go to France to watch the second and third group game before going to Glastonbury(have only got a Sunday locals ticket).

I haven't really thought about what to do if Wales get through the group stages(us Welsh aren't used to major tournaments,ha ha)

Better start saving

Edited by rivalschools.price

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The draw is made tomorrow. As I understand it we would like our preferred national teams to either win Group E or come second in Group B, D or F to avoid a second round game clashing with music at Glastonbury so it's a small possibility but one of those would do.

England are in Group B with Russia, Slovakia and Wales, so looks like you're out of luck there. I'd imagine both England and Wales will qualify as the top two respectively.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I have got Republic of Ireland vs Sweden! Very very happy with that 1.

Me too dude! A magnificent day on the sauce in Paris with the boys in green! 

Also got russia v Slovakia, which is slightly less exciting: but I certainly ain't complaining 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Me too dude! A magnificent day on the sauce in Paris with the boys in green! 

Also got russia v Slovakia, which is slightly less exciting: but I certainly ain't complaining 

Going to be a cracking day! Me and the lads were jumping around when the ROI were pulled out and even more so when Sweden were! Trains and Accom booked and a cracking game to look forward too