On a different note...Euro Football at G16!

Cooter

Messiah Michael please if you must strike me down with lightning but........I've heard there's a few football fans out there that also attend the odd festival now and then!

Looks like we've got a few potential clashes coming up in June 2016 between the 21st and 26th. Could it be the three lions vs Jean Michel Jarre?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messiah Michael please if you must strike me down with lightning but........I've heard there's a few football fans out there that also attend the odd festival now and then!

Looks like we've got a few potential clashes coming up in June 2016 between the 21st and 26th. Could it be the three lions vs Jean Michel Jarre?

Once the knockout stages start England fans will have nothing to worry about as per the world cup

Football can do one.

Anyone who also watched the abomination against the Germans whilst at the festival last time will feel the same in sure.

Yea I watched that and I was gutted that I missed Keane at the Avalon, and also Slash on the Pyramid. Things can change Joey, we can shout and cheer and smile one day!

I have enjoyed watching a couple of games in the past in the smaller pubs and bars (Englands valiant win against Slovenia in the Avalon for one)

At least this time they have changed the dates a bit as in 2012 the Euro final was on the Sunday of Glasto, Now its extended it would be the first knockout stage.

Edited by rubenz

Football at the festival is fine on the Thursday, as you get a great Pyramid crowd, but once the bands have kicked off? It's a bit naff.

I thought it was on a Wednesday in 2010? Bloody hot, that's what I remember, oh and England being shite again (saw Ray and Slash Sat pm)

Each to their own, but personally I'll be doing cocktails somewhere talking random bollocks to random strangers :)

My friend wanted to watch the football, his wife wanted to watch Norah Jones and Keane. He went to the football, she started crying - they left shorty afterwards!

Had we beat the Germans it could have been a great collective experience - unfortunately we got battered and it was really hot and everyone was pissed off for a bit.

Great place to be to get over it though!

I got lucky with the ticket fairy and resultantly I'll be in Paris for a couple of games (won't know who's playing til the draw in December) the week before Glastonbury, and when I'm at the fest I'll go as far as checking scores - but I'll not be watching a single minute. I'm at Glastonbury. It doesn't mix with football. I'll catch up when I'm back at home on Monday/Tuesday after.

Football can do one.

Anyone who also watched the abomination against the Germans whilst at the festival last time will feel the same in sure.

I duno, I enjoyed watching that game despite the result. Can't remember which bands I knocked on the head at the time but didn't want to miss England v Germany. The problem with the Euros next year is that the games will most likely be on during the headline slots so doubt I would want to watch the football. I have a bigger worry at the minute though....getting a ticket in the resale!

Googling it, there are no games on the Friday. 2 on the Saturday and 3 on the sunday.

I hope the festival make the decision not to show games. If you were that arsed, why buy a ticket to the festival. Would you buy a ticket to the game and say "Radiohead are on at glastonbury, I hope they put it on the big screen during the game"?

I am a football fan. I go to a lot of games, but Sunday 2010 had an odd atmosphere due to everyone doing one. I thankfully watched Slash and Ray Davies.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

If there is a home nation playing on Wednesday or Thursday, then maybe it can be shown somewhere, but not on the main music days.

If you want to watch football then let people like Neil or Siblin have your ticket.

Ps I know that you can't do that, but please it's quite nice to have a few days away from the constant diet of football that we have to put up with (and I actually like football).

Edited by jobleakley1

I think it should be on when there's no music on... And there should also be somewhere that people can choose to watch the game, and even let the bars show highlights after the headliners finish

They had dedicated fields last time

The dates are here http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/09/59/58/2095958_DOWNLOAD.pdfhttp://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/09/59/58/2095958_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Rest days on the thursday and friday

Edited by showmethestones

I am a Liverpool fan and it took me 3 hours to discover the manager has been sacked as I've been glued to all things Glastonbury today.

Don't want to get into the football at Glastonbury debate but it was good on the Wednesday in 2010, (no music on at that point). I loved the Brian Blessed bbc trailer/add that they showed then edited with the crowd cheering....