On a different note...Euro Football at G16!

Cooter

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Runners up play the monday i think. Will be praying that england come 2nd in their group!

Thanks. And quite possibly they will but what time would that match be? I may still be in CV east until Monday 2pmish which wouldn't be a complete nightmare but if it becomes a day of beer and football it'll mean no driving til Tuesday!

14 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Thanks. And quite possibly they will but what time would that match be? I may still be in CV east until Monday 2pmish which wouldn't be a complete nightmare but if it becomes a day of beer and football it'll mean no driving til Tuesday!

9pm Monday if we're runners up.

If all goes as expected in the finals, expect us to face one of Belgium/Italy/Portugal in the QF if we top the group (Spain in the Semis if we make it through), or France in the QF if we're runners up (Germany in the Semis if we make it through). Obviously that's based on a lot of assumption, but it's what should be expected if everybody performs as they should.

Based on the above, I hope we top our group, even if it means missing a match whilst at Glastonbury.

So, runners up in group B play Monday at 9pm with Germany possible in the semis or winners of group B play Glasto Saturday with possibly Spain in the semis.

I'll take Sat at Glasto as winners of group B please! Danka shon!

Edited by Cooter

25 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

what about if we finish 3rd as one of best points scorer?

Good point. That would be a saturday or a sunday game. To summarise:

Winners of group B - Next game will be Saturday 25th @ 17:00 against the best third placed team in groups A, C and D

Runners up of Group B - Next game will be Monday 27th @ 20:00 against the runners up of group F.

Best 3rd placed Team - Next game will be one of two possibilities:

1) This would be a game on Saturday 25th @ 20:00 against the winners of Group D

2) This would be a game on Sunday 26th @ 17:00 against yhe winners of group C

Any route to the final is going to be tough. Even coming top leads to a quarter final against realistically Belgium, Italy or Portugal. 

So, England won't clash with a headliner. Good. 

I have no intention of watching the football at Glastonbury. I am a fan, I have a season ticket for my shower of shit, but glastonbury isn't for football to me. I hope the decision is made to not show it. Wednesday / Thursday fair enough, but from Friday onwards - no.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Does it matter if we are best third or second best or third best etc?

No.

It's one of a large number of pre-determined fixture sets based on which 4 groups produce the 4 best 3rd placed teams.

The information is out there, but really the details make no odds at this stage, as we won't know which fixture set applies until the final group game (Ireland vs Italy on Wed 22nd June).

6 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

what about if we finish 3rd as one of best points scorer?

Then we should drop out of the tournament tbh.

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Does it matter if we are best third or second best or third best etc?

Nope, I think it just depends on whether group A has one of the highest point scoring 3rd placed teams or not.

7 hours ago, incident said:

No.

It's one of a large number of pre-determined fixture sets based on which 4 groups produce the 4 best 3rd placed teams.

The information is out there, but really the details make no odds at this stage, as we won't know which fixture set applies until the final group game (Ireland vs Italy on Wed 22nd June).

4 best third place teams go through as well? Laughable, absolutely ridiculous. Just in case the big teams that would bring in tv viewers have a bad few games eh? Just like modern football in general, all about the money 

On 13/12/2015 at 7:26 PM, Will-2609 said:

9pm Monday if we're runners up.

If all goes as expected in the finals, expect us to face one of Belgium/Italy/Portugal in the QF if we top the group (Spain in the Semis if we make it through), or France in the QF if we're runners up (Germany in the Semis if we make it through). Obviously that's based on a lot of assumption, but it's what should be expected if everybody performs as they should.

Based on the above, I hope we top our group, even if it means missing a match whilst at Glastonbury.

Yeah it's never worth trying to plot that one out because one of the big teams always fucks up, although Holland played that one too early so maybe not.

The way it's set out though is that the game we miss is either playing some team that's managed two or three points after we win the group, or if we play shite and come third and play Spain or Germany then no point catching that anyway - pretty much how it was always gonna be with the new second round. I would've only been put out by missing a home nations second round match (particularly against the noisy neighbours) but now that's very unlikely to happen in any circumstance so it's cool.

I wrote this up for my own benefit, hopefully others will find it useful. Basically summarises all possibilities for the 4 local(ish) teams as it relates to the Festival including the 3rd place destinations.

England / Wales
1st Place: Saturday 5pm
2nd Place: Monday 8pm
3rd Place: Sunday 5pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups ABCD, in which case -
3rd Place: Saturday 8pm

Ireland
Group Game: Wednesday 8pm
1st Place: Monday 5pm
2nd Place: Sunday 8pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups ABEF, BCEF, or BDEF, in which case -
3rd Place: Sunday 2pm

Northern Ireland
1st Place: Sunday 5pm
2nd Place: Saturday 2pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups BCEF, in which case -
3rd Place: Saturday 5pm

My assumption would be that you'll be able to see it if you want.

I can't remember what happened in 2014, I had no interest by the time the Festival came around, but in 2010 there was definitely at least a couple bars showing matches, and not just the England ones.

Last yeah the 4g coverage on ee was very good meaning that you could probably stream it on your phone. 

Might not be as good if thousands of people are trying to do this mind!

I think there were games on in some of the bars in Williams green and avalon last time a tournament was on  

6 hours ago, incident said:

I wrote this up for my own benefit, hopefully others will find it useful. Basically summarises all possibilities for the 4 local(ish) teams as it relates to the Festival including the 3rd place destinations.

England / Wales
1st Place: Saturday 5pm
2nd Place: Monday 8pm
3rd Place: Sunday 5pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups ABCD, in which case -

Ireland
Group Game: Wednesday 8pm
1st Place: Monday 5pm
2nd Place: Sunday 8pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups ABEF, BCEF, or BDEF, in which case -

Northern Ireland
1st Place: Sunday 5pm
2nd Place: Saturday 2pm
UNLESS - The 3rd place qualifiers are from Groups BCEF, in which case -
3rd Place: Saturday 5pm

Fantastic! A football thingy.