See Coaches vs National Express?

MrsT

Lucky enough to get tickets today, past 2 years we've got See Coaches and they've been good for us. We've taken the car in previous years too but it's a little costly. Going to look into National Express but could do with some other people's experiences?

Thanks!

Where you coming from?

Got Nat Exp this year and it was quite good, but a couple of hours slower than the train. You also have to stop at a service station somewhere on the way. It does go all the way to the site tho, no shuttle buses.

They were cool about getting me on an earlier bus on the way back as well - they are pretty flexible with times (or at least we're last year...)

Done National Express 3 times only slight issue was because they drafted in drivers from all over the uk  last year our driver on the way back took a few 'scenic routes'.

Re getting on to the site, each time I arrived at about 3.00pm - 2011 queued for a couple of hours in the rain, but 2013 and 2015 only took a few minutes to get in.

Edited by tjamest

We're coming from the Isle of Man so we have a few options. Past two years we've travelled as foot passengers on the boat then got See Coaches from Liverpool. First two years we brought the car over on the boat and drove down and back. Missed out on the See package this year so think we'll do National Express.

Sounds like there'll be little difference, See do draft in lots of different drivers too, we got lost on the way to the festival last year! Queue was quite busy when we got there (about 1pm) but year before we walked straight in (same time-ish)

Cheers anyway! Yeah I think I might coach it but my mates I usually go down with want to drive. LOADS of my mates got tickets though so I could go down with them and all meet up there.

6am coach from London, arrive 9.30 (ish)

Or

Drive down Tuesday night, stay in B&B, get up at 5am, drive to site, queue till 11am....

Cheers anyway! Yeah I think I might coach it but my mates I usually go down with want to drive. LOADS of my mates got tickets though so I could go down with them and all meet up there.

6am coach from London, arrive 9.30 (ish)

Or

Drive down Tuesday night, stay in B&B, get up at 5am, drive to site, queue till 11am....

I'm probably going for a variation on that..

Train to Bristol on the Tuesday, stay overnight in the City Centre.

Then get a 6amish National Express coach to the site which should drop right by Gate A an hour or so before gates open.

National Express did a grand job for me this year.  Well organised, helpful staff when things went wrong (as they inevitably will) and both arriving and leaving were a doddle.

I arrived really early (5am approx) and we were just a couple of hundred people from the front of the Gate A queue, but obviously then had several hours of waiting, by midday it seemed that any queuing was negligible and people were strolling straight through.  ALOT of people turned up between 6-10am so I would recommend avoiding that time if you don't want to be slowly shuffling forward with all your kit, potentially in baking sun or the R word.