Poll: Were you successful in the sale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the ticket sale?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the Glastonbury sale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

Got through just before they sold out. I used a works laptop through a VPN connection to give me two shots at it, couldn't get reliable 4/3G to use on a phone so just the PC and the laptop. Slight problems with a wrong number on one of the registrations which I sorted and then a few heart stopping moments as seetickets seemed reluctant to take my money. (I confess to shouting "JUST TAKE MY MONEY.. TAKE ALL OF IT!" at the PC at about 09:27!)

From the poll it would appear that being a member of Efestivals may be the best thing you can do to improve your chances! :prankster:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got through twice on a PC at 9:13 and 9:26 using 1 Chrome tab that I constantly refreshed. Had no problem with errors once I made it to the add registrations page. Got 11 tickets (was meant to be 12 but a friend entered her reg wrong on our spreadsheet so she's counting on the resales now.)

Another friend got through on an iPhone 5 on 3G using Safari and the SeeTickets auto refresh.

Yup, from my experience and I've got through 5 years running 1st sale. Virgin Media, actually got upgraded MB earlier in the year but I got through on lower last year so not taking that as effective. But VM, 1 Chrome tab and refresh rate of every two seconds and you'll have a very good chance. Didn't sleep well last night and at one point even after 10 mins I was beginning to doubt it but thought one of these refreshes is going to work.

Got through just before they sold out. I used a works laptop through a VPN connection to give me two shots at it, couldn't get reliable 4/3G to use on a phone so just the PC and the laptop. Slight problems with a wrong number on one of the registrations which I sorted and then a few heart stopping moments as seetickets seemed reluctant to take my money. (I confess to shouting "JUST TAKE MY MONEY.. TAKE ALL OF IT!" at the PC at about 09:27!)

From the poll it would appear that being a member of Efestivals may be the best thing you can do to improve your chances! :prankster:

This made me laugh.

Good work.

I got mine at 9:11 so thought i would click back a couple of times to see and yep straight in again. Wish i could have helped some from here but money is a bit tight this month.

I clicked back on my successful page. Could get to the reg nos and clear down the page... but on submit went to the holding page... I got through again eventually tho.

I was using a macbook and ipad both on the home wifi and my phone on 4G. Only got one reg page - on the macbook, using chrome, at around 9.15. No crashes once I had the registration page, but was very slow moving through each step. Didn't unclench until I got the confirmation page at about 9.20. No one else in my group even got a page up. And I missed out the last two years, so I know how it feels. 

I got through at 09.04, got 6 tickets, and had email confirmation by 09.10...using a 3 year old laptop, safari, and on virgin media. Only let me through once though, luckily 2 other people got in and we managed to get 30 out the 32 we needed. Pure luck IMO... and a lot of organisation between us all, getting in groups, having a dedicated lead booker and all of us having their details - doesn't help get tickets but it saves a lot of time when someone gets through

As Posted in other thread :

For the second year running the person who was succesful out of our group was on a mobile phone.

I have the fastest Virgin Broadband. We had 1 laptop hard wired in. 2 other laptops, tablet and mobile phone in our house. For 20 mins I couldnt get past the holding page saying the maximum number of users were being processed. As my mate text me to say his wife had got them on her I phone the booking page loaded for me. I think I may have got them at that point but the sold out signs went up within 10 mins of that.

My mate tried his best to cock it up by putting his credit cards details in by mistake on the first attempt!

Huge sense of relief when the confirmation landed. I have only missed 1 Glastonbury since 1995 ( think it was 97 and not due to lack of tickets). Whilst its been tough in recent years only once have we had to wait until the re sale. I do think being organised and determined sees you through most of the time.

To those disappointed keep the faith and good luck in April- again maybe we were lucky but we got them straight away in the re sale in 2014 I think most people have made other plans by then

Wasn't really bothered about going, and besides we only came back from holiday this evening, anyway apparently I am going as daughters got my reg details from her mother and got tickets. Big surprise, apparently she had no problem getting 6 tickets using her Nexus 7. Just have to buy all new camping stuff now,although I am thinking Worthy View a possible option for me.

As Posted in other thread :

For the second year running the person who was succesful out of our group was on a mobile phone.

I have the fastest Virgin Broadband. We had 1 laptop hard wired in. 2 other laptops, tablet and mobile phone in our house. For 20 mins I couldnt get past the holding page saying the maximum number of users were being processed. As my mate text me to say his wife had got them on her I phone the booking page loaded for me. I think I may have got them at that point but the sold out signs went up within 10 mins of that.

My mate tried his best to cock it up by putting his credit cards details in by mistake on the first attempt!

Huge sense of relief when the confirmation landed. I have only missed 1 Glastonbury since 1995 ( think it was 97 and not due to lack of tickets). Whilst its been tough in recent years only once have we had to wait until the re sale. I do think being organised and determined sees you through most of the time.

To those disappointed keep the faith and good luck in April- again maybe we were lucky but we got them straight away in the re sale in 2014 I think most people have made other plans by then

The more devices though the less bandwidth for each one. I'd never try on a laptop myself mind.

We had 9 of us trying. I myself had a laptop on wifi , iPad (using 4g) and iPhone using 4g. I got through to the reg entry page on my iPad but it wouldn't let me proceed after entering all the details I just kept getting a blank white screen. I kept pressing back and got back to the reg page which was still filled in with all the details but just couldn't get any further. No one else in our group managed to get any further than this.

Got through once using Chrome on my laptop and a standard BT connection. My mate got through on her iphone twice after me. Others on a mixture of laptops, ipads and phones didn't get through at all. And on Thursday, none of us got through at all. So I'd say it largely is down to luck.

19 of us tried in 4 Groups, 3 people were successful, everyone else never got off the page:

2 UK Based: got 12 Tickets

1 (Me) Ireland got through twice, First For 5, Then For 2.( Dont ask why not 6+1 - Groups were deliberately split this way)

We had watsapp conversation on the go all morning for successful groups to post to avoid any confusion/double trying

I had chrome normal window on wired desktop PC (Win 10)  with no add-ons or extensions enabled - hammered the F5 Key from 8.50 am to get the holding page then success for the first 5 tickets at around 9.17,just as despair was setting in. I stupidly closed everything and incredibly got off the holding page again a second time and booked the remaining two with seconds to spare - definitely copy and paste was a help.

Backup laptop tethered to a strong Vodafone 4G using Edge and Later Chrome on the holding page with occasional bangs on the F5 led to several time outs and unavailable pages - but not a whisper of a reg page.

Last year not a whisper in the main sale with similar broadband setup, Thursday evening similar set up and nothing

Edited by mickeyboymel

Used an IT suite of 16 computers, also ipad and iphone on 4g.

suite of computers useless, got bounced out of holding page at 9.01 never to return.

Got through on both phone and ipad at 9.18 and 9.20 so was able to get 12 tickets. as others have said it would appear to be luck.

Last year got bus tickets through resale so keep going folks if luck not with you yesterday.

I had an iPhone, iPad & a clapped out laptop ticking over from 8:50 to 9:30 & got nowhere near the reg page on any of them, think I only saw the holding page once on all 3 devices.

Thank god one of my group got lucky at about 9:25 with barely minutes to spare!! Absolutely delighted!! Back after a years break

Got through to the payment stage, foolishly put in my credit card details and thought it had gone through. Husband went on to buy six more for friends on his device - went back onto my phone and see my original group of tickets hadn't worked (error saying I needed to use a debit card). Put debit card details in and it had sold out. Absolutely gutted!

In short we got six people tickets but not our own

I had the multi tabs open in chrome got three booking pages open at once. Put details in for one group and succeeded. Then went to another page and got the other two I needed. Crashed a few times but the back button worked a treat. Not a sniff on iPad or Firefox using next doors wifi.

I had one laptop using my home Wifi with Chrome (auto-refresh) and Firefox (manual refresh), and one laptop using my phone's 4G signal as Wifi hotspot with Chrome (auto-fresh) and IE (manual refresh). I managed to get through on Chrome on my Wifi, then IE on my mobile signal about 5 minutes later (although this one had sold out as I was putting card details in).

I also had a friend in Oz who got nowhere near (which seems to rubbish the theory that buying from overseas guarantees success), and 3 other groups of people trying from around country who didn't manage it. Being part of a team certainly helps, and increases your chances significantly.

I personally think the system is as fair as it could be, considering demand. There will ALWAYS be disappointed people at 09.30, but it's not because of people using lots of IT wizardry to get tickets. It's pot luck if you happen to get through if when you refresh.

Overall it seemed pretty much the same as last year to me, apart from the fact that it took slightly longer to sell out.

We had 9 people trying for 11 tickets. My GF and I had two computers at home connected via Virgin Media, a tablet connected via 3G, and I was VNC'd into a machine at work.

My GF got through three times on one of the computers. The first attempt failed after we filled in the reg numbers, the second failed after we put in card details, and the third went through. Tickets sold out about five minutes later. None of the other machines got a sniff, nor did anyone else in our party. So we have 6 out of 11 tickets, and we'll be back for the remaining five in the resale next spring.

Got through after about 10mins on PC, had both IE and firefox open in which I was F5 on firefox and auto refresh on IE.... I got through with firefox and details just went through 1st time

I'm still gobsmacked I got through as could barely see my screen due to massive hangover, as friend has his birthday bash always the night before so never pretty on ticket day lol

Ha were you at my house? Its my birthday on the thursday so I always have a do on the night before ticket day. I slept through both alarms and got woken up by my mates ringing me at 8.50...

I'd sensibly put my laptop was next to the bed with the screen split between our reg details and the ticket page. Not that I got through anyway!

I was on laptop connected to wifi and my phone on 3g. I did try to remotely connect to my work PC but I couldn't get it to work. Possibly due to me still being drunk from the night before....

Edited by Becks12