Poll: Were you successful in the sale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the ticket sale?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the Glastonbury sale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

Interesting stat that even amongst the people that got tickets, an overwhelming number of people on here were the ones that actually got through - and given the average group size is probably four people at least, that says something. 

Of course luck plays a massive part, but there clearly are numerous things you can do to improve your odds. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used an iMac, a windows laptop and an iPad.

The iPad got through to reg page twice and definitely seemed to have a bit more success (on 4G).

My work windows laptop barely even loaded the holding page on IE or Chrome.

I even tried Tor on the iMac at one point and it failed to load.

So I guess it kinda proves that there's no rhyme or reason to what connection to the server has more 'chance'.

We made everyone send pictures of their setup at 8:30am to make sure there was no slacking! :-)

Now that's a good idea. A certain person in my group "forgot" it was today despite numerous emails, texts, Facebook chat etc. The thought process of such individuals astounds me!

Edited by rubenz

Interesting stat that even amongst the people that got tickets, an overwhelming number of people on here were the ones that actually got through - and given the average group size is probably four people at least, that says something.

Yeah but I think that makes sense as anyone on here is going be the  obsessive in their group (or one of them) and likely to be more persistent /worrying about it that inch more than some of their friends maybe? Might give them the slight edge.

Got through on my work laptop on our not very fast BT wifi, having had super fast cable where we lived for the previous three years of successful ticket buying - but using the same router. Only one IE window open, and refreshing every 5 seconds or so.

No chance on my own laptop which never got as far as loading the page, ipad and Samsung note got as far as loading the page a few times but no further. My other halves laptop never loaded the page, and his windows phone loaded the page a few times but nothing further.

So, one IE window on a slow connection worked for us, no trickery or super whizz technology. Thank goodness!!!

Edited by Mollyanne&Mike

We kept getting to the input details page then it would crash. We got to the checkout like three times but it still crashed! FINALLY it worked! So happy! My first year

I used my work wifi and Firefox, got onto the enter reg info page at 9am, submitted then it went to the holding page, kept pressing F5 and OK to resend info. About 9:15 went through to confirm names page, then payment page. Order completed at 9:16. 5 tickets. Copied and pasted names etc and card details from excel spreadsheet.

It was intense.

For the first time I've been unsuccessful in getting a ticket. Though to be fair I've not bought my own ticket since 2009 as someone else in the group has always got it so my good fortune was bound to run out at some point.

Pretty gutted but that's the way it goes. I've been lucky enough to have been 10 times and I'm sure I'll be back again. However I'm not going to wait 6 months or so for the resales and instead see it as an opportunity to use the time and money to do something else.

Windows 7 desktop PC

Hardwired Virgin Media 152meg

Firefox (one tab)

Refresh, wait for page to load, look at the "this page will refresh in X seconds" counter and wait for 2 seconds to make sure I'm not refreshing a booking page

Repeat to fade

Get booking page

Freak out

This year took longer than the last 7 for me, I was starting to lose faith then BAM, I'm in.

Also, didn't get a single error page. Every refresh was the holding page until I got in then once in it was really straight forward.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Mac, Firefox, 1 tab

I got the error page a few times between 9 and 9:10.

Clicked back to efests and Dixietheduck had posted a link in the links thread. Clicked on it and got straight in.

A bit of copy and pastage and boom.

I'm a bit sad to hear she didnt get tickets herself. So if you're out there Dix i will be more than happy, come April, to help you secure your ticket.

Yeah but I think that makes sense as anyone on here is going be the  obsessive in their group (or one of them) and likely to be more persistent /worrying about it that inch more than some of their friends maybe? Might give them the slight edge.

I get this - in fact n my group I have the title of "The Glasto General"...

macbook air, bt infinity 2 broadband, safari, from manchester,  one device, one page open, constant refreshing, got through at about 09.18am ! don't believe in multiple devices personally , all attempting to gain access through the same ip address? I'm not a techie btw and have no real facts that back up or disprove my method! haha, other than i was lucky today but i haven't always been lucky! 

people on here are much more organised.

i had 2 laptops with multiple different browsers open, 1 laptop tethered to a phone on 3g.

one of our group had 1 window on 1 laptop open and while trying in bed.

2 of our group didn't even wake up in time.

Your group sounds a bit like mine! I've been to Glastonbury 5 times now and every single time I've been the one who has managed to get the tickets. Fingers crossed for the April resale because I failed this morning.

3 Chrome browsers from around 8:30am, one normal, one incognito and one with just plain seetickets open with myself already logged in via Facebook just in case there was a card details etc issue on booking page. Only refreshed the incognito browser a few times to be fair but kept the seetickets page open all the time. Constant refresh on the normal Chrome browser every second I knew it was still just holding page, sometime even at 20 seconds and not 19 because I knew it hadn't moved on and in. Defo doing this as well in future and for payment all I needed was to type Mr in, my card details were there to click (remembered to update see card details the other day and my 3 digit secure number. No issues with failed page and having to go back just straight through after a second or two each time.

Got through 3 times. Bought 18 tickets in the end!

To be fair, not sure I'd have got in a second time if I needed to but every time I tried to refresh it was the holding page and showed no sign of it not being. Anyone who let's the page auto refresh is not going to be successful.

Bu there is no other feel or buzz like it knowing you did get one, that's why it's the best ticket of the year. Each time I'm lucky enough to get in I realize how much I'm not bothered by other festivals I used to go to. Don't get me wrong, it's nice not having to jump on it and know a Leeds etc ticket is easy to get but by the same token it doesn't give you that feeling.

Got through on a couple of occasions and sorted most of our tickets. Incredibly 2 of our regulars forgot to to re-register and even worse registered and didn't check their emails until last night for the number only to find the photo had been rejected weeks ago . I offered to help get my sons friends tickets, he gave them the wrong phone number and by the time they got the correct one the tickets had gone, literally seconds . Fucking shambles to be honest.

Got through twice on a PC at 9:13 and 9:26 using 1 Chrome tab that I constantly refreshed. Had no problem with errors once I made it to the add registrations page. Got 11 tickets (was meant to be 12 but a friend entered her reg wrong on our spreadsheet so she's counting on the resales now.)

Another friend got through on an iPhone 5 on 3G using Safari and the SeeTickets auto refresh.