Poll: Were you successful in the sale?

arcade fireman

Were you successful in the ticket sale?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in the Glastonbury sale?

• Yes, I got through
    • Yes, I didn't get through but one of my original booking party did
    • Yes, none of my party got through but someone from Efestivals/Facebook Glasto Chat etc got mine
    • No, I was unsuccessful this year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be interested to know what devices those of you who got tickets were using. I know it shouldn't make a difference but the last three (nonconsecutive) years I've been a group of as many as 10 of us trying on multiple PCs have all struggled to get a booking page while one of us always gets in eventually on an iPad! Coincidence, surely!?

I got through on Thursday evening using an iMac using Firefox with 5 tabs open, F5ing each of them in turn. It's a process which hasn't failed me yet, although I'm well aware that really it's just down to pure luck.

Overwhelmingly people got through in figures so far, though I don't think actual figures are this high - I think people are much more likely to come on here having bought tickets. However current scores would seem to imply chances are at least higher than 50/50. 

Will be bumping this though - I don't think there's that much to be discussed here that can't be discussed elsewhere. 

Yep I got through and got my own groups tics..

The full picture though is :-

8 groups of 6 peeps 

a total of about 50 peeps trying (friends of peeps in the groups etc trying)

I got through twice and got 12 tickets,

1 other person got also got through twice and got 12 tics

2 other people got through once and got 6 tics each,

NO ONE ELSE GOT THROUGH   !!!!!!! 

so only 4 of 50 people trying got through and we got  36 of the 48 tickets we wanted,

not sure what devices etc the others were using but I was in work with a total of 7 pc`s in use with a variety of

firefox, chrome and IE

My oldest laptop using chrome got through.

phone, laptop with multiple browsers, virtual desktops with different IP addresses, iPad and various friends multi laptop tablet phone setups didn't get anything.

Got 5 tickets out of 14 we wanted.

Overwhelmingly people got through in figures so far, though I don't think actual figures are this high - I think people are much more likely to come on here having bought tickets. However current scores would seem to imply chances are at least higher than 50/50. 

Will be bumping this though - I don't think there's that much to be discussed here that can't be discussed elsewhere. 

people on here are much more organised.

i had 2 laptops with multiple different browsers open, 1 laptop tethered to a phone on 3g.

one of our group had 1 window on 1 laptop open and while trying in bed.

2 of our group didn't even wake up in time.

people on here are much more organised.

i had 2 laptops with multiple different browsers open, 1 laptop tethered to a phone on 3g.

one of our group had 1 window on 1 laptop open and while trying in bed.

2 of our group didn't even wake up in time.

We made everyone send pictures of their setup at 8:30am to make sure there was no slacking! :-)

Got through after about 10mins on PC, had both IE and firefox open in which I was F5 on firefox and auto refresh on IE.... I got through with firefox and details just went through 1st time

I'm still gobsmacked I got through as could barely see my screen due to massive hangover, as friend has his birthday bash always the night before so never pretty on ticket day lol

Through on iPad via a 3G hotspot on my iPhone. On the holding page from 9:00 and through about 09:20.

Laptop(s) hardly even sniffed the holding page, just kept giving a timeout message