Fair system?

mrfunk

I think it's fine as it is but I think social media helps heighten the issue of feeling unfair.

For instance, this morning I couldn't get any response from the server at all. I genuinely thought See had gone down, so I checked Twitter and saw people saying they had booked them. 

Lots of people just don't seem to get the process. I've bought tickets for friends before who have thought once they reached the queue page it was a case of sitting there rather than whacking F5 to death. 

Social Media plays a big part. I wonder how many of those moaning refreshed every second and had thier details reading to copy and paste. I would suspect not many. Advice from Efests is the reason i have got them the past four years. And i will continue to do so 8)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been at this game a while and have been very fortunate to get tickets every year since 2004 (last year was the first year that we needed the resale).

The system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than most and certainly better than it was.

Back in 2004 there was no registration system and the website of Aloud (who had the contract back then) crashed so tickets were sold over the phones for more than 24 hours. Myself (and lots of others on these boards) woke up throughout the night and only got the engaged tone. I seem to remember that they bought in a rule that you couldn't change the name on the tickets that year, but I managed anyway.

It was odd for the 2008 festival when it never really sold out; certainly took the pressure off ticket day but seems to have properly scared Michael Eavis (understandably).

The registration system is genius and effectively eliminates the ability for touts to profit from the event and for tickets to just find their way to those willing to pay the most, which would be pretty disastrous.

Ultimately, we are currently at a stage when many more people want to attend than the festival can accommodate. That's not a surprise, because we all know how great it is. Although it's hard to imagine its popularity diminishing, I'm sure it will at some point (perhaps after a couple of years of poor weather or a run of duff headliners).

It's a shame to see so many people on these boards be unsuccessful - that certainly didn't used to be the case and I'd guess that's because the numbers wanting to attend have risen substantially. That said I'd be entirely opposed to a system that guaranteed tickets for old hands like me. Glastonbury owes me nothing. Although my year would be poorer without a trip to Worthy Farm, the festival wouldn't suffer a jot for my absence, as much as I might like to think otherwise.

For anyone who missed out this time, don't lose hope - the resale honestly did seem to be a lot more straightforward. Best of luck.

I have somehow managed to get tickets every year since the superfence cant remember exact numbers , but think its about 13 years on the trot now (fallow years apart)  some would call me lucky (others other names ), I would agree but with an absolute determination that I am going to get tickets one way or another . I am always fully prepared and will enter competitions to maximise my chances , I have won tickets in the past (western daily press ) and the chance to purchase them (also western daily press ).  I have also got tickets in the resales and secret resales . my message to all , persistence will pay (with a sprinkling of luck ) and cinderellas will go to Worthy Farm in June . Good luck with all those other options fellow efesters

Social Media plays a big part. I wonder how many of those moaning refreshed every second and had thier details reading to copy and paste. I would suspect not many. Advice from Efests is the reason i have got them the past four years. And i will continue to do so 8)

I looked at Twitter after and one of the top tweets was someone putting up a picture of the holding page complaining at about 9.05. They definitely didn't put the proper effort in!

I be been 8 times before so still feel gutted my luck ran out. To go in the glamping would I need a ticket or just buy a glamping ticket? Because for £425 I would pay that for a ticket and just take my tent and maybe just go back to the glam ping area for a shower. VIP area was the wrong choice of word

You could check out this place. Not sure if you need to get accommodation as well as the 'pass' that allows you to buy a ticket direct from them. Probably. Somewhat north of £450 if so!

http://www.flyglastonbury.com/festival-accommodation/price-calculator.php

I looked at Twitter after and one of the top tweets was someone putting up a picture of the holding page complaining at about 9.05. They definitely didn't put the proper effort in!

This is it. I would guess that these are the type who want to go just because its 'Glasto' and they want all their friends to know about it. I only sympathise with those who have done everything they could and not got tickets.

I don't like how some people can manage to get through multiple times (a friend of a friend got through 4 times to get 24 tickets) whilst there are thousands that don't even get a sniff. I understand people go in groups, but this doesn't seem fair and doesn't sit right with me.

I wonder if they should up the maximum tickets to 10 per person to cater for the larger groups, but will allow others the opportunity to get though.

I'd kind of go along with that too. I wouldn't want to stop people going with friends but people buying for lots of people does seem a little unfair, and while it sounds very snobby I'm never quite sure the big groups of people camping in one area really helps the festival atmosphere

(And I don't have enough friends to help me get a ticket!)

Would also like to see them offer much more tickets plus coach travel to push the green travel options more.