Tangerine Fields

Jules62

Hi

Has anyone stayed in Tangerine fields before? I'm just trying to work out where it is and is there a hill of death like Worthy View

Thanks

Julesx

I stayed there with my son in 2013 to avoid the trek from the car. It was good, much smaller than worthy view, good showers/loos. Personally i prefer the hill of death plus the view/location of worthy view. THe walk back to TF up muddy lane is less steep but more dismal somehow!

A large group of us stayed in tangerine fields last year, whilst another group stayed in oxlyers in the festival.

I would say tangerine fields is quite far out, iirc about a 20-30 minute walk depending on where from in the festival you are walking from.

Like someone said above its not particularly steep but it is soul destroying especially at 6am in the morning after a heavy session at shangri-la!

We found the best bet to be prepare well and head out for the day (you probably wouldnt want to be doing that walk to and from more than once a day!!)

Hope this helps!

TF is a fair walk out - so no popping back to the tent.

It is a small site but had little atmosphere. Showers were OK but I could not be bothered to queue so only had one - which is one more than normal!!

We took stuff down and put it in the lock ups so we did not have to carry everything with us.

There are other options that are cheaper than TF - such as just a space near gate B where you poitch your own tent (£250 last year) but you could park your car next to your tent I think.

I we were to use anything in future we would use WV

I've stayed in TF the last 2 years and think it's pretty good. Hard to call it value for money but all of the pre erected option are pricey and have their own pro's and con's. What swung it for me over WV (which is cheaper) is:

No hill of death

Less noise from the site at night (opposite end of Glasto from the late night action)

More shower facilities over VW (a must have for Mrs Martini)

If you are going to be up all night raving and don't mind the hill of death then WV might be the better choice. If you value getting some sleep at night and want a shower then TF is a decent choice.

In terms of location it's probably 5 mins from pedestrian point B and your about 20 mins walk from the Pyramid Stage.

shout if u got another questions

Taking the kids for the first time next year and as the youngest has some skin problems we need to be somewhere with decent access to showers.  Have stayed at WV before but not sure I fancy the hill with the kids in tow, but that walk up muddy lane seems to go on for ever.  Need to decide soon as TF seems to be booking up quickly, do they have a family camping area?

It's worth noting that the far end of WV, where many of the tents are pitched such as the stripey bell tents, is a long, long way away from the site.  So you have the hill and then a long slog on top to get back to your tent. 

I've not stayed at TF but I know where it is located and it seems a lot better location wise than WV.

It's worth noting that the far end of WV, where many of the tents are pitched such as the stripey bell tents, is a long, long way away from the site.  So you have the hill and then a long slog on top to get back to your tent. 

I've not stayed at TF but I know where it is located and it seems a lot better location wise than WV.

To be honest.. One of the 2 main factors for me in choosing not to work this year and to buy a ticket instead was that I didn't like the location of our Staff Campsite - which like Tangerine Fields was about 5 minutes walk away from Gate B, but slightly less uphill. It's just too far to walk last thing at night, especially that long trek along Muddy Lane.

To be honest.. One of the 2 main factors for me in choosing not to work this year and to buy a ticket instead was that I didn't like the location of our Staff Campsite - which like Tangerine Fields was about 5 minutes walk away from Gate B, but slightly less uphill. It's just too far to walk last thing at night, especially that long trek along Muddy Lane.

Fair enough, I've never had to do it - but I'd imagine the back end of WV is not far off the same distance as TF from somewhere like Block 9, and when you add the hill on as well......

Edited by Eks101

Fair enough, I've never had to do it - but I'd imagine the back end of WV is not far off the same distance as TF from somewhere like Block 9, and when you add the hill on as well......

I'm factoring in the quality of the walk though - Muddy Lane is just one big long hill stretching from the Meeting Point to Gate B and you're enclosed so once you leave the markets it's really dull.

It's personal preference of course but I'd rather walk up a shorter, steeper hill with steps, especially considering the entrance is right next to Strummerville and a very short distance away from the Green Futures and the Tipi Field (which for me would be probably be the most likely post-midnight destinations).

Actually I'd rather (and will) camp on-site and not have to deal with either option. I don't get on well with hills of any description when I'm wrecked..

I used Tangerine Fields for the first time in 2014 and, had I got tickets for this year, would have used it again. I'm booked in for 2016 fortunately and massively looking forward to it.

There were many conveniences that I liked, not least the fact that your car is parked a minutes walk from your tent, therefore no need to lug everything in one go, just go every morning and select your ammunition for the day.

The showers were lovely (especially on Thursday morning when there wasn't a queue). The toilets were great (especially the real ones with flushing cleaning fluid).

The walk, from what I remember was certainly never a hardship and I'd say 5-10 mins on site - obviously depending on underfoot conditions, which, admittedly were a touch treacherous at times in 2014.

I don't work in their marketing department, but would highly recommend it.

Thanks for all of your input guys.. Looks like TF is nearly sold out for 2016 anyway. We normally arrive at different times (group of 9) so the convenience of having a pre-erected tent works for us... Looks like I will be tackling the hill of death again next year! I'd best get in training

Julesx

Edited by Jules62

Thanks for all of your input guys.. Looks like TF is nearly sold out for 2016 anyway. We normally arrive at different times (group of 9) so the convenience of having a pre-erected tent works for us... Looks like I will be tackling the hill of death again next year! I'd best get in training

Julesx

I did Love Fields pitch your own tent this year (daughters first Glastonbury). Worked out really good for us. Could park next to the tent to load and unload then move the car to the nearby car park. Toilets and showered were spot on. Lovely view of the festival site....all in all a great success for us.

Back on the main site for 2016 though :)

I'm factoring in the quality of the walk though - Muddy Lane is just one big long hill stretching from the Meeting Point to Gate B and you're enclosed so once you leave the markets it's really dull.

It's personal preference of course but I'd rather walk up a shorter, steeper hill with steps, especially considering the entrance is right next to Strummerville and a very short distance away from the Green Futures and the Tipi Field (which for me would be probably be the most likely post-midnight destinations).

Actually I'd rather (and will) camp on-site and not have to deal with either option. I don't get on well with hills of any description when I'm wrecked..

Agree with this

I did Love Fields pitch your own tent this year (daughters first Glastonbury). Worked out really good for us. Could park next to the tent to load and unload then move the car to the nearby car park. Toilets and showered were spot on. Lovely view of the festival site....all in all a great success for us.

Back on the main site for 2016 though :)

Did you think it was worth the extra money? (This year they're charging £325 incl parking).

Also, which gate did you use, B or C and how much of a walk, especially going back?

Would be interested to know the pros / cons before shelling out.

Cheers :)

Did you think it was worth the extra money? (This year they're charging £325 incl parking).

Also, which gate did you use, B or C and how much of a walk, especially going back?

Would be interested to know the pros / cons before shelling out.

Cheers :)

Was it worth it? Tough question. I can only tell you how it was for me. I think it was better value that Tengerine Fields and Worthy View. It worked because of my personal circumstances.... Arriving late Wednesday with my camping hating wife and glasto newbie daughter and the fact I already have a good family tent. It's not good enough value to tempt me back this year as I much prefer staying in the main site.

Access was via Gate C....15 mins walk from the Pyramid or something like that so much closer to that side of the festival than Worthy View.

It was really quiet at night too....showers and toilets were spotless all festival.

Was it worth it? Tough question. I can only tell you how it was for me. I think it was better value that Tengerine Fields and Worthy View. It worked because of my personal circumstances.... Arriving late Wednesday with my camping hating wife and glasto newbie daughter and the fact I already have a good family tent. It's not good enough value to tempt me back this year as I much prefer staying in the main site.

Access was via Gate C....15 mins walk from the Pyramid or something like that so much closer to that side of the festival than Worthy View.

It was really quiet at night too....showers and toilets were spotless all festival.

Marvellous; many thanks for the information there sloops. Mrs oneeye and myself are going to give it a whirl I reckon:) Edited by oneeye