Did E-fests Neil get tickets?

sedra

I'll help in resales all our gang got lucky.

I think Neil said before he didnt want any favouritism from the Eavi?

It's not favouritism. They cover the festival on site too, with write-ups and reviews. A press ticket in exchange for that coverage is legit and what other publications will get.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never met you, but I will next summer. See you there.

Oh no you won't!

I'm gonna be sober for this next one promise.

We'll all get you there - there's so many trying for a couple more, will be plenty of chances to sling a few more hats into the ring. It's early early days yet - no rumours, no crazy petitions demanding anyone gets deported rather than playing the festival and no bat-shit crazy panicing from the preciouses who couldn't get WV tickets - this wheel's still spinning

I would probably get a press ticket, tho I wouldn't know for sure till June. I prolly wouldnt for the missus and slaughter tho. And getting a CV ticket ain't gonna be easy either :(

Yeah, that CV ticket naming is difficult to see how flexible it is, and on the face of it, it isn't flexible. I emailed GFL who replied that 1 person getting parking tickets AND multiple CV tickets shouldn't cause an issue for our convoy, as we look to minimise p&p costs, but what would really happen if our 2 vans or just 1 went in with a ticket named for someone who's camping. I'm lucky to have a ticket and will get a CV East ticket as soon as they're available. I won't be arriving till about 3 on the Wednesday which is late for you, but if you want to consider going in together, and you can park wherever you like afterwards, I'd happily get you a CV ticket in 2 weeks' time. No probs if you don't want to do that.

Edited by carlosj

I would probably get a press ticket, tho I wouldn't know for sure till June. I prolly wouldnt for the missus and slaughter tho. And getting a CV ticket ain't gonna be easy either :(

Have you tried simply emailing Emily? She knows who you are and what you've done for her festival over the years. It's not unethical to use your connection. You've earnt them. I know that things are tighter ticket wise since she's been running things, but it's worth a go.

Have you tried simply emailing Emily? She knows who you are and what you've done for her festival over the years. It's not unethical to use your connection. You've earnt them. I know that things are tighter ticket wise since she's been running things, but it's worth a go.

I haven't and I won't..... not yet, at least.

I don't feel I deserve any sort of privilege over anyone else, and public tickets are (in April) still available to buy. So like everyone else I still have a chance of going. I then also have the fall-back of trying for press tickets.

If i was then still ticketless, I might consider asking Emily. But even then I might not do, and choose to not go instead. I'm not sure that I really fancy going without the missus.

A couple of years ago I didn't get tickets until April. I happened to see Emily a week or two before the April sale and mentioned I had no ticket; she didn't offer to sort me one.

I don't feel I deserve any sort of privilege over anyone else, and public tickets are (in April) still available to buy. So like everyone else I still have a chance of going. I then also have the fall-back of trying for press tickets.

I do. You've earnt it.

A couple of years ago I didn't get tickets until April. I happened to see Emily a week or two before the April sale and mentioned I had no ticket; she didn't offer to sort me one.

Oh.

You're still going to get TONS of help in the resale though.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I haven't and I won't..... not yet, at least.

If i was then still ticketless, I might consider asking Emily. But even then I might not do, and choose to not go instead. I'm not sure that I really fancy going without the missus.

Classy stuff, and quite right as well.

I really hope you get a ticket in April without having to pull any favours. By the outpouring of support in this thread you should be OK - there'll be at least 100 people trying for you!

I'd assume press tickets are normally pairs, though you'd probably know better than I would. You're right that there's close to no chance of getting three though.