4G success and the pain of having to break bad news

mb'satglasto

Managed to get 6 out of 11. No idea why but I am the only one of my friends who has ever had any luck with getting tickets for the last 4 years. 

Have to say, gave up with my Virgin media connection after about 10 minutes. Couldn't even get to the holding page. Had tried to set up a hotspot off my iphone but couldn't connect up. Nightmare!

Anyway, managed to get through after about 15 minutes on my iphone internet browser after about 20 million refreshes. Had to manually type all numbers and postcodes and card details. Absolutely amazed I got it right first time. So happy days.

In short, in the future, use your 4G! Seems to give you a far better chance.

Has anyone else had to have the pain of ringing people up to tell them you couldn't get them a ticket? I had to make 3 this time. Horrible stuff. Its such a bittersweet feeling. And I've had to do it to the same person 2 years in a row. 

Christ, I sound really ungrateful, absolutely psyched I'm going again! And to those who didn't get them, many commiserations and all the best in the resale. I'll be there trying again. 

Managed to get 6 out of 11. No idea why but I am the only one of my friends who has ever had any luck with getting tickets for the last 4 years. 

Have to say, gave up with my Virgin media connection after about 10 minutes. Couldn't even get to the holding page. Had tried to set up a hotspot off my iphone but couldn't connect up. Nightmare!

Anyway, managed to get through after about 15 minutes on my iphone internet browser after about 20 million refreshes. Had to manually type all numbers and postcodes and card details. Absolutely amazed I got it right first time. So happy days.

In short, in the future, use your 4G! Seems to give you a far better chance.

Has anyone else had to have the pain of ringing people up to tell them you couldn't get them a ticket? I had to make 3 this time. Horrible stuff. Its such a bittersweet feeling. And I've had to do it to the same person 2 years in a row. 

Christ, I sound really ungrateful, absolutely psyched I'm going again! And to those who didn't get them, many commiserations and all the best in the resale. I'll be there trying again. 

Don't think it mattered, I had one computer on a wired connection at work, with my laptop tethered to the 4G on my phone (so not same IP).  Got through on work computer, and only ever got to the holding page on 4G.  There's no logic to any of it, it's all just down to luck.

If they're that bothered about going they'd be trying themselves so would already know, surely? Obviously some people have work etc. but if you value it that much you can book a morning off?

After 20 mins of hammering the holding the page (and not even getting that most of the time), I decided to tether my laptop to my 4G hotspot on my phone. I figured that a different ip address/network might make a difference, while my desktop machine continued on my home broadband.

Pretty much instantly all three tabs on the laptop were consistently loading the holding page. After a minute of refreshing, I got through to the magical add registrations page and secured my tickets minutes before it sold out.