Was that fair?

fullerlove

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally everyone I know from Liverpool who tried for a ticket actually did get one whereas I've seen a lot more users on here from other places that didn't get a ticket. Maybe there's something in that. Or maybe I'm just chatting a load of old shite.*

*I'm chatting a load of old shite 

I think it is fair much as it pains me. I tried on Thursday from my office Internet in London and yesterday from a rural village in Warwickshire. Both were a washout albeit the Thursday sale at least got me to holding page, add regs etc. Yesterday was server connection error overload with a sprinkling of holding pages.

I've failed in the main sale two out of eight times. Probably about right for a fair system.

I didn't get even the tiniest of sniffs of the booking page on my laptop on any of the five browsers I had open. After 15 minutes I thought 'fuck this' and tried my phone on 4G. Straight to holding page, couple of refreshes, through to registrations page, straight through to payment, which crashed after I put my details in. Refreshed it and reentered payment details and it went through!

Continued for friends until sell out but couldn't get back to registrations page. Never saw anything but the holding page on my laptop though.

Literally everyone I know from Liverpool who tried for a ticket actually did get one whereas I've seen a lot more users on here from other places that didn't get a ticket. Maybe there's something in that. Or maybe I'm just chatting a load of old shite.*

*I'm chatting a load of old shite 

I got one too and I'm going from Liverpool ( although I live in St Helens not Liverpool )

It completely is luck but more than a tad galling when people say "luck and preparation" as if those who failed didn't have everything ready in time. I was fucking prepared thank you.

I agree. I have now failed only once in 7 (for 2013's festival). We have always included 6 people in our group trying and another group of 4 who stay online for us if they are successful (and vice versa). If it was just my group, we would have failed twice in that time. We were bailed out in for 2014's festival.

The only "preparation" is to have plenty of people online. It makes sense that if you are trying on your own, you have less chance than if 10 of you are online.

This year was as easy as it gets for me. If you do want help, all of my lot are sorted so as you are regular on here I will donate my services for the resale.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I think it is fair much as it pains me. I tried on Thursday from my office Internet in London and yesterday from a rural village in Warwickshire. Both were a washout albeit the Thursday sale at least got me to holding page, add regs etc. Yesterday was server connection error overload with a sprinkling of holding pages.

I've failed in the main sale two out of eight times. Probably about right for a fair system.

Yeah. I failed on Thursday and succeeded on Sunday. I didn't do anything differently other than be lucky!

I suppose the only thing with the preparation thing is that I might have still failed on Sunday despite having the luck if I hadn't been as prepared as I was. But if I didn't have the luck, no amount of preparation in the world would have helped me.

But really, it was mainly luck. Just how people like to think the system is 'unfair' when they don't get tickets, it appeals to the ego to imagine that getting tickets is down to some sort of skill or determination on the successful ticket buyer's part.

Yeah. I failed on Thursday and succeeded on Sunday. I didn't do anything differently other than be lucky!

I suppose the only thing with the preparation thing is that I might have still failed on Sunday despite having the luck if I hadn't been as prepared as I was. But if I didn't have the luck, no amount of preparation in the world would have helped me.

But really, it was mainly luck. Just how people like to think the system is 'unfair' when they don't get tickets, it appeals to the ego to imagine that getting tickets is down to some sort of skill or determination on the successful ticket buyer's part.

This completely. There were less of us than in other years but I got lucky with just two trying last year too so not even that makes all the difference.

Thanks for the offer Fuzzy. I'll see how I feel when April comes but at the moment I'm thinking I'll break my run and try something else. I can't be doing with the six month wait every other year.

speed doesn't matter at all.

it's a bit like this:

115597200_3d577dea13_o.jpg

except that there's a million other balls trying to go through, and you're all blindfolded, so no-one knows when they'll actually get through.

it doesn't matter how hard you smash it, a fast and a slow are equally likely not to get through, it's all about luck.

just hit and hope!

That is the perfect analogy, thank you

No 6 for me next year. First year I'll have missed in many - but the hassle of ticket day and the fact that the festival doesn't change enough so I feel I've seen all I need to see are the main factors,

Decided on Saturday I just couldn't be bothered.

Im in the same place as Zoo Music - time to move on. Still intending to be back next year but who knows.

Well done to everybody who got them (who wanted them got them in my group) and chin up and keep trying to everybody else.

I think your connection can have some effect.

We were at my sister in law's house and her wi-fi didn't seem to be all that good. 4 of us trying and couldn't even get to the holding page, just 'this page is not available'. My daughter (bless her little cotton socks) found an open wi-fi connection for a local library and changed to that. She immediately connected to See Tickets and got the holding page. My other daughter changed and got the same, whereas I stuck with the home wi-fi and got nothing.

We eventually got tickets via the library wi-fi.

Now, I'm sure that our chances once we were on the holding page were the same as everybody else's, but I'm sure that we wouldn't have got that far had we just stuck with the home wi-fi.

My group were able to get tickets and I am very happy about this. I think most people on efests have groups of people trying to get tickets together, which must be an advantage over people trying on their own. Also being part of efests helps for links and other information and support.

As already stated however its mostly luck and sometimes it doesn'f matter what you do you don't get the golden ticket. When you don't get a ticket after trying so hard, it feels very unfair.

A lot of people on efests who missed out last year seemed to get tickets in the resales, so if you were unlucky don't lose hope.

Edited by Boopickledaddy

my broadband at home, whilst 35 odd meg from BT, is far from fantastic and I managed to never lose the holding page whereas the hotspot in our building that noone ever uses failed to even load bbc.co.uk let alone see tickets.

That and the girlfriends laptop decided to never find the holding page beyond the initial refresh either. We both started f5ing from about 5 to 9 and she immediately lost the holding page and I didn't and we were on the same connection.

Luck of the draw in short.

This may of been mentioned, But we had big issues in processing the tickets, it kept rejecting what ever was on the third field for registration numbers saying post code was wrong. but if you put it in the fields above it was fine.

also it said someone ticket was purchased and it clearly wasn't so they missed out and we could only process 3 instead of 6.

its fair to say my language was not PG

People say it's 100% per cent luck, but I don't agree.

Whilst I (and many others) struggled to get even as far as the countdown holding screen, another member of our group reached the buying page several times and never had an issue reaching the holding screen.

my broadband at home, whilst 35 odd meg from BT, is far from fantastic and I managed to never lose the holding page whereas the hotspot in our building that noone ever uses failed to even load bbc.co.uk let alone see tickets.

That and the girlfriends laptop decided to never find the holding page beyond the initial refresh either. We both started f5ing from about 5 to 9 and she immediately lost the holding page and I didn't and we were on the same connection.

Luck of the draw in short.

If one of you never lost the holding page and the other never found it, doesn't that suggest there's more to it than luck alone?

If one of you never lost the holding page and the other never found it, doesn't that suggest there's more to it than luck alone?

'beyond the initial refresh'

what I mean is that we both got it and once we started f5ing the gf never saw it again whereas I did.

Last year no one in my group got a whiff of even the holding page until it was selling out and tickets had gone by the time details were entered. We were spread across London.

This year everyone hit the holding page, we all had multiple devices on the go with everyone in London again except my wife and I, we're on holiday in Japan. I had a Mac, an iPad and my iPhone while she had a hotel lobby PC and her phone connected to the hotel's wifi. She got the details page on her phone and we had the confirmation screen at 9.14.

Don't know if this helps anyone and I think comparing one year to another is like apples and oranges as seetickets fiddle with things from year to year. I agree with most people it's pretty much luck though once you're on the registration page you seem to ode be in good stead. Gone are those horrible years when it would still crash once you'd type in the details

Can't wait for Glastonbury 2016 the endless fun lineup speculations and planning starts now

Edited by PaulieV

With people able to apply from all over the world now on-line makes chances of getting through less and less.It shouldn't be down on to 100% luck at all it should be down to some effort at least and a bit work.

What i suggest is have the starting time earlier, say 5/6am on a Saturday(or even earlier perhaps),yeah it won't suit everyone but the hardcore..... the people want to be there will make the effort of getting up etc instead now we get the coat hangers tagging along with their mates who haven't got a clue why they are going  just to drop into conversion that they are going.

Can't believe people say they get through each time with no problems around the same time on the clock each year.....ive got through once in the April re-sale, even had a chance with the secret sale this year but majority of time i haven't got onto the see tickets website at all..... been even timed out quite often.

I had my tickets bought in the coach sale at 19:02. On Sunday, I didn't get past the holding page.

On Sunday I've calculated that I made over 4000 attempts at opening a connection and didn't get one hit past the holding page. I had a spread over three public IP addresses, two in the UK and one in the US. On Thursday, I got through within a minute trying from one public IP in the UK.

You have to have a connection hit their web server at the time a place becomes available. It's luck, but the more attempts you make the more chance you have. Not sure how much fairer you can get.