Was that fair?

fullerlove

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or was it fastest internet connection wins?

not even a glimpse  of seetickets website.  

did the city folk have an advantage?

I live in London, have a nice fast connection but when I got through, it was via a 3G connection (yes, not even 4G) on my tablet.

Honestly, I think the only way to tip the scales in your favour is to get together with a big group of people. Other than that, it's blind luck.

It's not about a fast connection. Your request has to arrive at an open slot, so if someone with a fast connection requests when one isn't available it will do them no good. If your slower connection arrives just as one opens you're good to go. So it's all down to luck.

Got through on shit wifi in the suburbs. My brother didn't get through on 4G, the rest of the group in central London with Macbooks and fibre-optic (the tossers) didn't see anything but "page cannot be displayed". It's a lottery, you can only get a ticket and the rest is luck. Don't worry though, through the power of belief and positive thinking you will get a ticket in the resales. NFiR NFC.

I live in Manchester, near the city centre and got through on a 4mb sky (standard cheapest option) connection. I got the maximum requests page form the start and then got the booking page.

Compare this to last year living back with parents in a town just outside of Nottingham. Similar speed sky connection, white pages only, never got the maximum requests page. (Tor did work though)

There might be some advantage, if someone on a very slow connection (perhaps 3G?) can only refresh every 5 seconds whilst most people could refresh every second. If the page is loading within a second or so then there probably isn't any advantage between them.

It's also important to remember that other factors can affect your apparent internet speed. I had a Chrome and Firefox window open, but the Firefox window was much slower to load the page (with some timeouts too) compared to Chrome. Same internet connection, same PC, very different results.

i have 100mbps and didn't get through. it's just luck. this year was awful for me, but others have said it was fine. i don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.

Very unfair, I got one but the lengths I had to go to, the amount of people I had trying was insane, there's a firefox addon called "auto forms fill" that I was using which allowed you to instantly fill out reg details, I'm on 50 mbps still didn't get close, my mate ended up nailing it with 100mbps and the same addon.

I still think that there should be a year round voluntary work initiative where you work a certain number of hours and in exchange get a guaranteed chance to place a deposit, I'd happily do 30/40 hours spread over 6 months on top of the 45 hours a week that I work anyway. It's so inkeeping with the spirit of the festival I'm surprised it isn't already happening.

If anybody wants the preset for the addon I'll stick it on dropbox in a bit once I've taken my groups details from it. "Autoforms fill" it's called, might be of use in the resale.

My Virgin 152mb cable didn't get in, so no ;)

You might do better asking how people from Liverpool got on...

Where's mine did, Im not quite a City Fella, just down the A13 in Essex.

Its all luck and preparation. I always have everything set up the night before. Reg numbers etc all in a word document so its quick n easy to copy and paste etc..!

My mate rented a server with a 500mbps line just for the ticket sale and he didn't manage to get any.  I've got a 80mbps line and I didn't get any.

I think you're just going through the second stage of grief which is anger.  Next will be bargaining, trying to find another way to get a ticket such as a mate of a mate who's in the music business.  Next will be depression.  Last will be acceptance, this will be where you realise that the world hasn't ended and you can probably go o another festival.

I feel your pain though, I'm in the same boat.