Tickets being "held for 10 minutes"

VisionOfLove

Just touched on this in another thread so apologies for slight double post.

Has anyone had any experience in the coach sales with this happening:

"7. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again"

Got a few different people trying and some groups which cross over into others. So just a bit concerned how much of a problem it causes if you receive the message that a ticket has already been held for someone else, would hate to get through myself only to be told the ticket is held for one of my friends who's payment doesn't end up going through or experiences a website crash or something?!

Pre T-day stress is at all time high!

This is my dilemma too. Say you get 'locked out' because someone else tries, end then miss out completely, but then again 3 groups if all goes swimmingly and payments go through gives you maximum coverage and opportunity to get through. Like any of this process I guess it's just down to luck again.

This is my dilemma too. Say you get 'locked out' because someone else tries, end then miss out completely, but then again 3 groups if all goes swimmingly and payments go through gives you maximum coverage and opportunity to get through. Like any of this process I guess it's just down to luck again.

That'l only happen if whoever gets to a payment screen then doesn't complete the transaction, if they get a screen saying some have been purchased already you should in theory be able to delete them out and continue the order without starting at the holding page. I've done it myself in previous years but it's not guaranteed to be the same system this year

That'l only happen if whoever gets to a payment screen then doesn't complete the transaction, if they get a screen saying some have been purchased already you should in theory be able to delete them out and continue the order without starting at the holding page. I've done it myself in previous years but it's not guaranteed to be the same system this year

This. I'd say you'd have to be very unlucky for this to affect you negatively. If you get this issue it means that somebody is already ahead of you in the booking process, let's say you get through put all your details in and it warns that your registration has been held up, then one of your friends has already got to that screen, for it to affect you they would have to have failed to then pay for the tickets, lost their connection or something like that. Your reg would then get locked for 10 minutes, everyone else could try again j t that timeframe but you. Thankfully though you would hope that of somebody has already got to that screen and entered your reg no. There shouldn't then be cock up from that point on.