NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

I'm hoping for some heavier stuff to be added to the bill. Deftones are touring this year and seem to have played a few times previously, it would be nice to have them on board.

I really hope we don't end up with one of the "K" bands (Kings of Leon, The Killers or Kasabian). Chemical Brothers/Pixies for Thursday, Guns N Roses for Friday and then something else guitar based for the Sunday would tingle my mingle.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil Young would be brilliant, as far as I can tell he has a gig in Sweden on the 5th July & then one in Amsterdam on the 9th, so he could possibly Headline on the 8th?  He also doesn't seem to have any Spanish or Portugese tour dates announced yet either...

I was thinking RHCP might be likely as well, but their tour dates indicate it's very unlikely though not impossible. 

At the ripe young age of 27 I personally wouldn't mind one of the 3 K's. Though I understand it's different vibes for different tribes! Reckon we'll get a surprise headliner that isn't one of the bands playing just about every other festival. I was speaking to one of the organisers last year whilst buying my 2016 ticket on the last day and he said that it was going to be a very special year with it being the 10yr anniversary.

The campsite is really good, has a pool and a fair few facilities. Can also stop in a log cabin there if campings not your thing. After stopping in a cabin the forst year i went I opted to try the hotel ibis across the road last year for more comfort. Really cheap and still get use of the free festival buses which drop off at the campsite to and from the fest. There's a few hotel ibis' in lisbon so you need to make sure you book the one in alfragide. Never stopped anywhere else other than these two places but hope that helps.

On 10/01/2016 at 3:51 PM, Uncle Liam said:

OK. So I just booked a ticket to this.

Best part of Lisbon to stay?

It's hard to answer, anywhere on the trainline to Cascais is good. The trains run but there's no metro at 3am. It's all cheap enough that I don't fancy camping. One year some lads on the flight back had had everything robbed. Everything. They'd had to book a hotel anyway!

This hostel is a great place to meet other youngish people, and a really nice place generally.

For the fest itself, I stated in the cabin, which were good, but if you want a hostel this place is top drawer.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Alfama-Patio-Hostel/Lisbon/24771?s_kwcid=AL!591!3!90160285580!e!!g!!alfama%20patio%20hostel&source=adwordsenhostelnames&network=g&creative=90160285580&adposition=1t2&uniqueclickID=14667353113373108665&sub_keyword=alfama%20patio%20hostel&sub_ad=e&sub_publisher=ADW&ef_id=UXUz5gAAAezJ7jz1:20160115145731:s

Edited by Homer

On 29/12/2015 at 0:43 PM, Tremousse said:

Mate I'm sorry to tell you the next words cause I'm a fan too : Pearl Jam should not be playing :/ The rumour in the fan club is that NOS was negociating with them but there were problems with productions and PJ had to cancel the European tour (which was not announced yet). They are now rumoured to play a US Stadium on the 4th of July (source : alternativenation), and to headline Bonnaroo in June (sources : alternativenation, local radios..) these are still rumours so we have to wait for the announcement in January, but PJ seems now unlikely to play at NOS Alive and Rock Werchter, as rumoured in the past weeks :( 

Noooooooooooooooooo :(