NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

2 hours ago, jparx said:

We're at the Marriott. It's to the north, a bit further out of town than we first realised! That sounds like a good idea - better than getting the taxi for the entire trip back!

Also the trains to cais do sodre have been extended so run from the festival until just after 5am

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there!

Anyone interested in sharing a taxi or uber from the festival or camping to the airport on Sunday morning (very early)?

I'm on the 7am flight to London so we'll need to be there around 5.30ish. 

Also do you know if there is any left luggage facility on the festival site?

Thanks!

On 7/6/2016 at 8:27 PM, jparx said:

We're at the Marriott. It's to the north, a bit further out of town than we first realised! That sounds like a good idea - better than getting the taxi for the entire trip back!

We stayed in city last year and tried queueing for cabs after the headliner on the first night. Gave up after 30mins of no movement and ended up just getting the train back to Cais do Sodré. From there, getting a cab from around the corner was very quick and easy. Not that expensive either so I'd recommend that for sure.

Edited by broken monkey

Just got back. Ridiculous system regarding getting to the station, having to walk all the way around or wait over an hour for a taxi. But it's all part of the experience I suppose. Good night though, I was one of the guys who made a mosh circle for Pixies so, sorry/not really that sorry.

5 hours ago, Idioteque18 said:

Just got back. Ridiculous system regarding getting to the station, having to walk all the way around or wait over an hour for a taxi. But it's all part of the experience I suppose. Good night though, I was one of the guys who made a mosh circle for Pixies so, sorry/not really that sorry.

There's a lot of people unhappy with the organisation of it all, toilets, getting a beer, getting home. Was it really that bad?

Yeah getting out seems like a bit of a desaster, but I saw no problem with the queues for the beer. The line for the girls toilets is unfortunate, no problem for the guys. I think they sold too many tickets for such a small place. It's okay at the stages, no problem with that, but the circulation between them can be a bit stressing at times. Some people are overreacting a bit though.

Holy cow the organization is piss poor. I don't think I'll ever return to this place.

1. Women's toilets queues are not just 'unfortunate'. They are an outrage, they have zero toilet paper and zero places to wash your hands after.

2. Paying €1.50 for a bottle of 33cl of water in such hot weather is an absolute ripoff and disrespectful to the health of the festival goers. If anyone found a place to refill the water bottles for free please let me know.

3. It is overcrowded as fuck. The venue is fucking tiny and I already dread what will happen tonight after Radiohead. 

4. Getting home was ridiculous. We left at 2am a bit before chemicals finished and we had to walk over some 1.5km long DARK bridge because they closed the fucking tunnel to the train. I don't care if this was the fault of the police and not of the organizers, they should have put more pressure on them. The least they could have asked for was to turn the fucking lights on so people could walk safely. 

Great weather, awesome bands, decent crowd but organization is abysmal. I'm really dreading Radiohead tonight (instead of being pumped to see my favorite band). 

8 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

Holy cow the organization is piss poor. I don't think I'll ever return to this place.

1. Women's toilets queues are not just 'unfortunate'. They are an outrage, they have zero toilet paper and zero places to wash your hands after.

2. Paying €1.50 for a bottle of 33cl of water in such hot weather is an absolute ripoff and disrespectful to the health of the festival goers. If anyone found a place to refill the water bottles for free please let me know.

3. It is overcrowded as fuck. The venue is fucking tiny and I already dread what will happen tonight after Radiohead. 

4. Getting home was ridiculous. We left at 2am a bit before chemicals finished and we had to walk over some 1.5km long DARK bridge because they closed the fucking tunnel to the train. I don't care if this was the fault of the police and not of the organizers, they should have put more pressure on them. The least they could have asked for was to turn the fucking lights on so people could walk safely. 

Great weather, awesome bands, decent crowd but organization is abysmal. I'm really dreading Radiohead tonight (instead of being pumped to see my favorite band). 

Sounds horrendous. 

After ranting about the awful organization let me praise the awesome bands of yesterday.

The 1975 were great, good opener, people were into it. Vintage Trouble were fucking amazing, Ty is insane (in a good way) and drove the crowd crazy. John Grant was superb, I can't wait to see him again. Pixies was a good gig cause the people around me were super into it but there was zero interaction with the crowd and that disappointed me. Chemical Brothers were good, same stuff I saw last year at RW. Some of their animations were too creepy for me (clowns, animal heads etc). 

Overall a good day of gigs. Looking forward to seeing awesome gigs today as well.

Is 1.5€ for a bottle of water that expensive in a festival? I mean by festival standards?

Anyway if you don't mind carrying bottles you can always bring water bottlers from outside and put it in a bag, as long as while you are entering you hide the bottle cap somewhere. That's what I always do. 

As for the toilets and size of the venue I agree, it's bad, although the size has always been like that.

I hope your experience is better today (and that they fix the walking from festival problem)... I also hope I don't have any troubles today too .I want to enjoy RH as much as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Is 1.5€ for a bottle of water that expensive in a festival? I mean by festival standards?

Anyway if you don't mind carrying bottles you can always bring water bottlers from outside and put it in a bag, as long as while you are entering you hide the bottle cap somewhere. That's what I always do. 

As for the toilets and size of the venue I agree, it's bad, although the size has always been like that.

I hope your experience is better today (and that they fix the walking from festival problem)... I also hope I don't have any troubles today too .I want to enjoy RH as much as possible. 

in my opinion, water is a necessity, not a commodity especially at a festival that is in such a hot location. I think they should have a drinking water point where you could refill your bottles for free. 

I hid the bottle cap today but was really disappointed to not find a refill point. At Werchter they had the drinking water points and it was perfect, was never in danger of dehydration. 

17 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

in my opinion, water is a necessity, not a commodity especially at a festival that is in such a hot location. I think they should have a drinking water point where you could refill your bottles for free. 

I hid the bottle cap today but was really disappointed to not find a refill point. At Werchter they had the drinking water points and it was perfect, was never in danger of dehydration. 

Oh I agree with that, they should learn something from those festivals. I don't think it is that common for portuguese festivals to have those water points but they should implement it. 

I didn't think it was too bad in all honesty. I just spent the money wherever needed, and didn't experience either bathroom. I'm still really excited for Radiohead tonight though, I didn't think the overcrowding was too bad, as I said, I made quite a large circle so had quite a lot of room to breathe I suppose. Hope you enjoy it later, look out for the (maybe) moshing during foals! And most of all just enjoy really, just go with it, nothing you can do about it, so just embrace it guys.

Great some of you enjoyed it too! I had not troubles yesterday, could see all concerts clearly and the crowd was mostly good to great.

About the concerts: Wolf Alice were really good, probably the concert I enjoyed the most, people were really into it. But Vintage Trouble, Pixies and ChemBros were great too. 

I hope you guys dance and sing a lot today to Foals, Tame Impala and specially Radiohead, I know I will. Have a great day!

Edited by Mirror

All in all a pretty great day, the fact that the entrance and exit to the toilets are near each other creates some unnecessary moshing type experience who could be easily avoided by having entrance and exit opposite each other for the sake of 1 portacabin! 

Queues for food and drinks around 8-11 were pretty large around Heineken stage but after that you couldn't moan about queues! 

The only quarm I have is the getting home part, nothing is really clear apart from the fact you have to walk over an overpass not great if you have some type of disability as it's a deceptively long walk, a sobering one at it too! The station looked jam packed so we settled for the taxi queue, I think we left the site 3ish and got a cab by 3:50, bit worried about the amount people coming today to see how they handle that but if you're not in a rush it shouldn't really bother ya! 

Oh and great weather too, might even say perfect :-)

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It really isn't, at all. 

Couldn't agree more. Been the last 3 years, and don't get me wrong it's busier this year than it's ever been, but still fine. It's a festival and you're gonna have to wait a few minutes for beer/food ect. People need to man up and suck up the atmosphere and they'll have a much better time!

Thought biffy were good, wolf Alice were great, Robert plant was ok, pixies were good. Chemical brothers were unbelievable though and still have so much more to go.

According to the map there are a second set of toilets near to the entrance by the Heineken stage but didn't actually see them. The transport back ain't ideal especially when our bus broke down on the way home but that's a small complaint for a really good festival.

I agree the walk across the bridge was bad with no lighting and I thought the site was too small for the number of people but I had a great time watching Biffy, Wolf Alice,Pixies, a bit of Soulwax and The Chems. Had no trouble getting a beer, also 4 euros for 0.4l of wine was a bargain and I used the toilets at the Heineken Stage with no problems - go past the crepe stall and through the table football area and its on your right. I could do without the heavy sponsor shit all around the main stage but for this line up I am well happy and looking forward to tonight.

On 07/07/2016 at 11:01 AM, broken monkey said:

We stayed in city last year and tried queueing for cabs after the headliner on the first night. Gave up after 30mins of no movement and ended up just getting the train back to Cais do Sodré. From there, getting a cab from around the corner was very quick and easy. Not that expensive either so I'd recommend that for sure.

Yeah that's what we ended up doing. Cab was only 8€ from Cais do Sodré. After the disaster of having to walk miles in the wrong direction away from the station along a motorway the journey back was actually pretty easy.

The journey back was the only pain, everything else was great. Not sure what people are talking about with the overcrowding. We had plenty of room to boogie during Chems and got to the front for each act very easily. Only had one overly long queueing experience for beer but that was the bar next to the main stage immediately before Chems, so it was expected. I was expecting to have to buy water anyway so I can't say that upset me too much.

Stoked for Radiohead, Impala and Radiohead tonight! Crowd was great yesterday for what I saw so I hope that continues. RH could really special if the crowd are as up for it as they were last night.

Edited by jparx

First time back since 2012 and it did seem noticeably busier. The walk through from the Heineken stage towards the clubbing stage was full of people sat on the ground making it troublesome to get through at times. Feel for all the ladies in regards to the toilet situation, queues looked horrendous. No issues getting a beer, found the queues fine and why oh why can't Glastonbury have the chaps walking around with the beer kegs on their back? It made life so much easier and meant I didn't have to lose my spot to get a drink. Found it troublesome getting to and from the venue, and agree about the bypass... It was never ending and definitely sobered me up. Got to be the most commercial festival ever but the crowd have been really good and there's no issues getting close to the front of the stages. Wolf Alice were the pick of the bunch for me yesterday, line up is much more to my taste today. Have fun everyone

Queue at cais Du sodre was long to get there yesterday afternoon so got cab.  Only 9 euros which is nothing between a few people.       Walked about 1km and got a taxi after... wasn't too bad ...although this was after 2many djs so numbers might have died down by then.

Is there any toilet apart from the ones in the middle by nos clubbing?   Apart from that it's class and like how the stages so neat each other.  

Wolf Alice were really good.  Chem's and 2many djs were  class