NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

1 hour ago, stevieweevil said:

Clashes work pretty well for me - my only small gripe is M83 / Grimes, but will probably opt for Grimes. The Radiohead night sounds like potential chaos.... can anyone who's been before put my mind at ease?  How easy is it to get a good spot for the big Saturday headliner, or will Thom and Co be microscopic in the distance somewhere? The mass exodus to Hot Chip sounds potentially chaotic too!

Chaos is funnnnnnnn... you just gotta take a good deep breath in before you go in :) 

But seriously, I've been to Radiohead on Rock Werchter a few years back and that was pretty harsh..

I wanted to be on the front area, so I had to start nudging my way in two shows beforehand, and by the time Radiohead got on I couldn't stand on my own two feet because it was so packed. I had to lean on people all of the time. But all in all, it was the best show I've ever been to in my entire life, so... worth it! :) 

But there were around 100,000 people in that show, and I'm not sure how hard it was to be in the area just behind us (probably not easy, though).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, stevieweevil said:

Clashes work pretty well for me - my only small gripe is M83 / Grimes, but will probably opt for Grimes. The Radiohead night sounds like potential chaos.... can anyone who's been before put my mind at ease?  How easy is it to get a good spot for the big Saturday headliner, or will Thom and Co be microscopic in the distance somewhere? The mass exodus to Hot Chip sounds potentially chaotic too!

I'll personally watch Foals and Tame Impala so I don't think I will have any problem, maybe even going to get a beer and coming back to my spot. The exodus towards TDCC will be something yeah... I'll try to go to the Heineken stage at the time TDCC ends!

A couple of people have done these clashfinders which look to have been updated with all the correct set start times and a bit of educated guesswork for the times sets will finish.  They're very similar and should be fairly accurate.  Gives a bit of a clearer look at the clashes and the chances of watching part of one act then part of another etc.  As a few people have mentioned, it will be difficult to watch Tame Impala then a bit of Father John Misty then to try to get a good spot for Radiohead.

http:///s/alive16/

http:///s/nosalive2016/

I think this is my initial plan.

Please take it with a large grain of salt....I know that seeing all of these bands/djs will not be possible.

This is a case of, in an ideal world, if I could see everyone then this is what I would go to.

7TH July

Xinobi – 18:05

Biffy Clyro 19:25

Robert Plant 21.05 or John Grant

Wolf Alice 22.15

Pixies – 22.45

Soul wax – 23.45

Chemical Brothers – 1:00

2manyDjs – 2.30

8th July

Years & Years 18:00 or Jagwar Ma

Foals – 19.30

Tame Impala – 21:00

Radiohead – 22:45

Two Door Cinema Club 00:55

Hot Chip – 2:40

9th July

Little Scream – 17:50 or HANA

Calexico – 18:55

Band of Horses – 21:00 or Jose Gonzalez

Arcade Fire – 22:45

Four Tet – 00:00

M83 – 1:00

Grimes – 1:30

Boys Noise – 02:15

Ratatat – 3:00

Blue – Main                                                        Green - Heineken                                             Yellow – Clubbing

21 hours ago, wedgie said:

anyone know what the situation with lockers in the campsite is?

I messaged them a few weeks ago and this is what they reponded:

there's a cloakroom close to the ticket office (before you enter the venue) where you can store items but we give priority to items that are not allowed inside the festival. Thank you!

EDIT: I'm an idiot, sorry, only read the lockers part then I saw the camping after I posted.

Edited by grumpykrogan

My days will look something like this. Bolded is essential.

Thursday:

Biffy/Vintage Trouble/Bob Moses -> John Grant -> maybe ending of Robert Plant -> Pixies -> Chemicals

Friday:

Jagwar Ma -> Courtney Barnett -> maybe ending of Foals -> Tame Impala -> Radiohead -> Hot Chip (if we'll be able to get in the tent)

Saturday:

Little Scream -> Calexico -> maybe beginning of Jose Gonzalez -> Band of Horses -> Arcade Fire -> Grimes -> Ratatat

I listened to Biffy Clyro and I'm not too keen on them tbh. Everyone says they are so amazing live, so that is the only reason I'm considering them. I dunno yet if I should go see them or Vintage Trouble. Or chill in the clubbing stage. 

Hi everyone, anyone know what else the bars sell other than beer? My partner drinks rosé wine and vodka, but I've heard they don't sell spirits, so will have to smuggle some vodka in if there's no rosé for sale. Cheers 

On 29/06/2016 at 4:43 PM, zahidf said:

hi. couple of general questions:

1. are the searches heavy at the gate?

2. when does the metro/trams run till? 

3. is it grass or concrete floor?

Off the top of my head, searches were pretty sloppy, may have changed. They seemed most interested in stopping you taking drinks in. Metro runs until 1. Trains to Cascais and Cais do Sodre (city) run all night. Not much grass, it's kind of a dustbowl and concrete/roads.

We are getting down early as we've got See Tickets which previously you had to exchange for wristbands (big queue just for this) then join the back of the normal queue!

2 hours ago, siker said:

Hi everyone, anyone know what else the bars sell other than beer? My partner drinks rosé wine and vodka, but I've heard they don't sell spirits, so will have to smuggle some vodka in if there's no rosé for sale. Cheers 

Off the top of my head again, previously the bars weren't great for vodka type stuff as I'm not a beer drinker. I'm pretty sure they had wine but not sure about rose, sorry.

Edited by carlmcg

2 hours ago, siker said:

Last year there was a stall selling half a bottle of red, white and rosé wine for 5euros each which was a super bargain. It was directly opposite/facing the Heineken Stage.

18 minutes ago, swillis89 said:

Anyone know of any live sites/fan zones in Lisbon to watch the Euros semi final Portugal are in on the Wednesday night? Will be a great atmosphere

I think someone mentioned a fan park a few pages back, I'll have a look in a bit and see if I can find it. Will be an great laugh on the Wednesday :)

That sounds like an awesome idea! We'd be well up for that. Although tbh I'll probably rooting against Portugal so it might not be the best idea to watch it amongst thousands of locals <_<

We're heading off tomorrow morning to Porto for 4 nights, then down to Lisbon on Wednesday. So stoked. Just the thing we need after all that effort that went in to Glastonbury :P