Here are my guesses (and hopes) for the next confirmations:

- Beck
- Portishead
- Bon Iver
- FKA Twigs
- The Kills
- Band of Horses
- Iggy Pop

Are Bon Iver in Europe around the time? That would be unreal.

I'm hoping for Cage* the elephant but I have no idea where they are touring so it's just a random thought. :)

Edited by deadst4r

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, deadst4r said:

I think there could be a couple of surprises to come. The last four or so announcements hadn't been announced to play other festivals at the time. Bon Iver would be amazing, they haven't announced anything yet, but it's possible...

I am going to say: 

Alabama Shakes

Caribou

Run the Jewels

Daughter

Vince Staples

4 minutes ago, deadst4r said:

I'm hoping for Cafe the elephant but I have no idea where they are touring so it's just a random thought. :)

About Bon Iver, they don't many dates announced this year, so it might be possible if they do festivals / concerts in the summer.

Cage the Elephant have a date in the US 10th of July, but nothing before that... so who knows! :) I could see them in this line-up

40 minutes ago, Mirror said:

- Beck
- Portishead
- Bon Iver
- FKA Twigs
- The Kills
- Band of Horses
- Iggy Pop

If they announce just one of these, that would be out of this world (especially the first 3). I don't dare hope for anything big anymore, with everything already on the bill. Anything interesting added from now will just be bonus. 

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Beck would be an awesome addition. Plus he guests on the new M83 album. Speaking of which their new single has just been released too

Not really sure what to make of this from the first listen.

Also, the album (and single) artwork is rather bizarre!

22 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Beck would be an awesome addition. Plus he guests on the new M83 album. Speaking of which their new single has just been released too

Nice, at first I was like "what is this?", but it gets better with each listen. Pretty different from their last album (which I love).

Beck would be a logical choice under arcade fire, but I think there might be a good reason that the Saturday still looks pretty bare bones, it may be because there is a big act who is still embargoed. 

The latitude line up in announced tomorrow, last big indie festival yet to announce anything, I wouldn't be surprised if that held the key to our answers. 

1 hour ago, aj3000and12 said:

Beck would be a logical choice under arcade fire, but I think there might be a good reason that the Saturday still looks pretty bare bones, it may be because there is a big act who is still embargoed. 

The latitude line up in announced tomorrow, last big indie festival yet to announce anything, I wouldn't be surprised if that held the key to our answers. 

What big name that hasn't announced anything could still be touring this summer? For "big" names from the Rock Werchter lineup I'd take Beck and/or Iggy Pop (also Flume and James Blake but they played last year).

Also, I'll be happy if the lineup stays the same... the last two big additions (Ratatat and Biffy) were already amazing!

48 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

What big name that hasn't announced anything could still be touring this summer? For "big" names from the Rock Werchter lineup I'd take Beck and/or Iggy Pop (also Flume and James Blake but they played last year).

Also, I'll be happy if the lineup stays the same... the last two big additions (Ratatat and Biffy) were already amazing!

Only ones that I could think of are Bon Iver, FKA Twigs, Broken Social Scene or Sufjan Stevens. 

Otherwise, I agree, we may well get Beck and Iggy Pop. Which I would also be happy with. 

I too would be happy with the line up exactly how it is, but spaced out so there are no clashes. 

19 hours ago, Mirror said:

- Beck
- Portishead
- Bon Iver
- FKA Twigs
- The Kills
- Band of Horses
- Iggy Pop

Why would you do that to me? This line up is amazing as it is, and now you've gone and raised my expectations even further!

The line up as it stands is incredible, theres not a single act on it that I don't enjoy to some extent. One of the best lineups for a festival in recent years imo! I don't think they'd announce any more big acts in the realm of sufjan/bon iver, but they did just announce Biffy so who knows!

17 hours ago, kaytee... said:

It's really groovy, took me a few listens as its vastly different to his previous work but now I really dig it. I really liked  Hurry Up but I guess it's nice to have something a lil bit different.

5 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

The line up as it stands is incredible, theres not a single act on it that I don't enjoy to some extent. One of the best lineups for a festival in recent years imo! I don't think they'd announce any more big acts in the realm of sufjan/bon iver, but they did just announce Biffy so who knows!

It's really groovy, took me a few listens as its vastly different to his previous work but now I really dig it. I really liked  Hurry Up but I guess it's nice to have something a lil bit different.

There is still the sub for saturday still tba, and the 4th on the main (assuming M83 plays 3rd). We have Biffy in that spot on the first day, so could still get 2 interesting names. Don't even let me dream about Bon Iver :)

I loved Hurry Up, and I'm sure each song of the new album will have its own originality. I like the first single, will see how they translate it live. 

19 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

I'd really like (although haven't checked availability) :

-Crystal Fighters

-Tom Odell

-Editors

-Bastille

-Courteeners

-Travis

-Chase & Status

I imagine a few of them are probably ruled out but a couple of these would be amazing for me!

I share your taste I think :D Crystal fighters is possible because they have some gigs in the end of June and July, but not in the beginning of july... the same for Bastille

Editors don't have a show the 9th of July, so that would be really amazing if they would be announced, i'm really hoping for it!

Tom Odell doesn't have any upcoming shows... 

Travis has a show the 9th of july

2 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

There is still the sub for saturday still tba, and the 4th on the main (assuming M83 plays 3rd). We have Biffy in that spot on the first day, so could still get 2 interesting names. Don't even let me dream about Bon Iver :)

I loved Hurry Up, and I'm sure each song of the new album will have its own originality. I like the first single, will see how they translate it live. 

I see there are spaces there seeing how M83 are placed compared to the other subs on the poster. However would seem odd M83 not playing in a tent or at night.

4 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

I see there are spaces there seeing how M83 are placed compared to the other subs on the poster. However would seem odd M83 not playing in a tent or at night.

I guess M83 could play after Arcade Fire as a "closer", but it will depend on the sub.
I'll see them at Sziget in a tent at night so I was thrilled to see them paying an outdoor stage :) 

17 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Is this anything of note?

image.png

They are probably announcing some news about the festival's structure... Stages, art shows, projects, some themed stuff (10 Years of Festival?). Not holding my breath for anything regarding acts, but we might get some new info / names out of it!

I wouldn't get my hopes up for that press conference, in previous years it was mostly about the sponsors and the local media coverage / tv/internet broadcast of the concerts. 

About M83, I also think they will play 3rd on the mainstage the 9th, same spot as MGMT 2 years ago. The concert will start in the burning sun, but sun goes down quite quickly and the second half will be in the dark.

doesn't seem to have been announced anything exciting. Just two local portuguese-speaking rappers announced as the first names for Clubbing stage. That stage is also curated by a DJ Kamala, another portuguese dj I have never heard before. 

- Lots of Portuguese acts announced for Clubbing stage, 8th of July. Doubt they have much interest for target audience of the festival - mainly rap and hip-pop names...

- Clubbing stage on the 8th will be ONLY Portuguese acts. I am not sure about the other two days.

-  The number of foreigners is already up vs last year's numbers, and we are only in March (15,000  foreigners on last edition vs 18,000 that have already bought tickets for 2016).

Edited by Mirror