NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a huge Biffy fan and have seen them a lot over the last 5 years. They're brilliant live and bring so much energy but I know they're not as popular in mainland Europe (hence the Reading headline slot vs lower slots in Europe). Their new album that will come out in May this year is a lot heavier than the likes of their other newer releases (Opposites) and might be more of a reflection on their earlier albums. See Blackened Sky, Vertigo of Bliss and Infinity Land for examples. My favourite album is Puzzle and I'd recommend listening to that to get a good idea of how much their music can differ between songs. I'd imagine they'll play a lot of their more recent stuff for the European crowd so maybe a similar set list to this http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2014/werchterpark-werchter-belgium-2bc1fc9a.html but with some brand new songs in there too.

Most of those songs are from Puzzle Only Revolutions and Opposites so that gives you an idea of where to start :) 

Biff are absolutely amazing live. I don't even really listen to them on CD apart from the odd tune off Puzzle... 

But I've seen them like seven times or something. Just because they are one of my favourite live bands alongside Muse and Arcade Fire. 

It would certainly be worth giving them a listen though, the main thing is their big choruses that you can sing along to live. Though I have sang along to the odd riff as well haha (Who's got a match?) 

Very diverse band, some screaming, some synths, acoustic singalongs, some math rock rhythms, and some dancy guitar ala Franz ferdinand or super massive black hole muse. 

Edited by deadst4r

59 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

I'd be over the moon with this announcement if i hadn't already had my reading ticket booked, not a massive fan, sigh. Nonetheless, this festival is just looking better and better by the day, any ideas on who the other big acts yet to be announced could be? 

Iggy Pop is playing in France on the 6th of July. I have a feeling he could turn up on the  8th or 9th at NOS. 

Just booked tickets! I still can't get over how incredible the line up is. 

Any ideas who else could be announced? Seems like there's a few 'big' acts to be announced on the Saturday. 

Edit: I just pulled my finger out of my arse and scrolled back a few pages. Seems as though a few big names could still be coming B)

Edited by jparx

Where are people buying their flights from? Just checked Sky Scanner and it's over £250 without baggage. Is this what everyone's paying? If flights are that much it might just price me out.

£187 w/o baggage from Dublin. Getting to Dublin will cost me a bit, so it'll be £200 anyway.

Biffy is a nice addition, but it makes it less likely that The Last Shadow Puppets will play. TLSP are only available on the 7th and 8th. The only option for these 2 days is Palco Heineken or NOS would have to add a 6th mainstage act on the 7th or a 5th internatinal mainstage act on the 8th which didn't happen the last few years.

16 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Where are people buying their flights from? Just checked Sky Scanner and it's over £250 without baggage. Is this what everyone's paying? If flights are that much it might just price me out.

I got two returns from Manchester via Amsterdam for 320 with one checked bag. Flying on weds or Thursday though is looking very expensive now

4 minutes ago, i-wanna-be-adored said:

Does anyone know how fast weekend tickets sell out for this (if at all)? Looking to go but once having sorted flights  probably won't be able to afford the actual ticket until a bit closer to the festival. Great line-up!

Last year Muse's day / 3-day pass sold out 6th of June. Not sure about this year, but maybe they will warn when it gets close to selling out.

16 hours ago, TiZuff said:

to people who have been before, after the night is over, where do people head? is there after parties or bars nearby?? or do people just head to bed? what time does the night generally end?

From what I understand (I haven't been) the entertainment goes on until 5/6am. Last year, Muse went on stage at something like 00:30 so late night entertainment shouldn't be a problem!

2 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Day splits. I have waaay too much time on my hands!

1456848247441.jpg

I'm so curious which announcements we'll get for the NOS stage on the 9th of july. When we look to the other names on the line-up i think they wont dissapoint us! :D