Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

What this line up is missing, is some big riffs! We need Deftones and a couple of other heavy acts to readdress the balance!

Agreed!

Deftones, ATDI and Slaves are all possible and would make me very very happy. Not that it's not already a great lineup but would provide a nice bit of variety.

Ok, if festivals in Portugal never share acts then we can rule out quite a few, which I know people have done already.

Super Bock Super Rock 2016 - Thursday 14th to Saturday 16th July 2016 (Lisbon)

Kendrick Lamar, Bloc Party, The National, Kurt Vile, Jamie XX, Mac DeMarco, Kwabs, Villagers, Petite Noir, Fidlar

Quite a few medium sized acts still to be added judging by last years line up.

NOS Primavera Sound Porto 2016 - Thursday 9th to Saturday 11th June 2016 (Porto)

P J Harvey, Sigur Ros, Brian Wilson performing Pet Sounds, Beach House, Animal Collective, Explosions In The Sky, Dinosaur Jr, Air, Algiers, Autolux, Bardo Pond, Battles, BEAK>, The Black Madonna, Car Seat Headrest, Cass McCombs, Chairlift, Deerhunter, Destroyer, Drive Like Jehu, Empress Of, Floating Points, Fort Romeau, Freddie Gibbs, Holly Herndon, Julia Holter, Kiasmos, Linda Martini, Loop, Manel, Moderat, Mudhoney, Mueran Humanos, Neil Michael Hagerty & The Howling Hex, Parquet Courts, Protomartyr, Roosevelt, Royal Headache, Savages, Sensible Soccers, Shellac of North America, Titus Andronicus, Tortoise, Ty Segall, U.S. Girls, Unsane, White Haus, and Wild Nothing

vodafone paredes de coura - 17-20 August

LCD Soundsystem

Lots of medium sized acts still to be added judging by last years line up.

There are loads of other festivals the same weekend as NOS Alive...

Bilbao BBK Live 2016, Thursday 7th to Saturday 9th July 2016 (Bilbao) - Latest additions Tame Impala, Grimes, Chvrches, Slaves, Jagwar Ma, Inheaven and Love of Lesbian. They join headliners Foals, Arcade Fire, Pixies (appearing as a Spanish festival exclusive), plus New Order, M83, Hot Chip, Jose Gonzalez, We Are Standard, Courtney Barnett, Father John Misty, Years And Years, Wolf Alice, and Hola A Todo El Mundo

British Summer Time - Mumford & Sons headline on Friday 8th July with Wolf Alice, and Alabama Shakes also confirmed for that day.

Balaton Sound 2016 Wednesday 6th to Sunday 10th July 2016 (Hungary) - A$ap Ferg, Armin van Buuren, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Hernán Cattáneo, Lost Frequencies, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Oliver Heldens, Paul van Dyk, Robin Schulz and W&W. Aly & Fila, Booka Shade, Borgore, Brains, Ferry Corsten presents Gouryella, Halott Penz, Irie Mafia, Julian Jordan, Martin Garrix, Punnany Massif, Sub Focus, Sven Vath, Timmy Trumpet, Tyga, Tyla The Creator, and Wellhello.

Exit Festival 2016 Thursday 7th to Sunday 10th July 2016 (Serbia) - Ellie Goulding, is joined by Wiz Khalifa, Bastille, Dub Pistols, Robin Schulz, Nicky Romero, Sam Feldt, Feder, Solomun, Tommy Four Seven, Antigone, Francois, Shlomo (DJ), Kensington, Stormzy, Wilkinson (DJ-set) ft. MC Ad-apt, DJ Hype, Ivy Lab (Sabre, Stray and Halogenix), Modestep (DJ Set), Ms Dynamite, and Sub Zero.

T in the Park 2016, Friday 8th to Sunday 10th July 2016 (Scotland) - The first confirmed acts are The Stone Roses, who will headline the Friday night, The 1975, Courteeners, and Disclosure. Nore acts will be anonunced on Thursday 25th February.

Wireless Festival 2016, Friday 8th to Sunday 10th July 2016 - Nobody confirmed yet.

Electric Daisy Carnival 2016, Saturday 9th July 2016 (Milton Keynes) - Avicii, Axwell & Ingrosso, Eric Prydz, Martin Garrix, Martin Solveig, Oliver Heldens, Robin Schulz, Paul van Dyk, Gouryella, Aly & Fila, Markus Schulz, Pendulum (DJ Set), Sigma (DJ Set), Caspa B2B Rusko, Noisia and Roni Size & Krust, and more.

Rock-A-Field 2016, Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th July 2016 (Luxembourg) - The first 4 acts are Pixies, The 1975, Deichkind, and Bring Me The Horizon.

New Order at Castlefield bowl in Manchester on Sat 9th July. support acts have not yet been announced.

The Stone Roses @ Dublin's Marlay Park, Saturday 9th July 2016 - Joining headliners The Stone Roses, will be special guests to be announced.

Gridlock Festival, July 8-10 (Canada) - American Football, DIIV, Beach Slang, plus others.

I'm not sure what all this shows (apart from I have too much time on my hands). Any acts that are touring could get taken by other events the same weekend or could get taken by one of the other festivals in Portugal. Very difficult to predict who we could get for NOS Alive. Hopefully they have a few more names lined up. Today's announcement of Carlão doesn't seem to bode too well. People have commented on the FB page (translated), 'It's that part where you run out of money and meet the rest of the poster with straw', 'Get more than a week without announcing anything to announce this...'

New Order are potentially available on the 8th but the NOS Alive line up seems pretty full that day already.

Interesting to see where they are slotting these new acts on the line up page of the website. http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/

Carlao above FJM and Courtney Barnett and Ratatat below Jose Gonzalez. Is it worth reading anything into these placements at all?  Have they signified anything in previous years in terms of playing order?

I would be up for seeing Ratatat, saw them a few years ago, good live, although last album was a disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Interesting to see where they are slotting these new acts on the line up page of the website. http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/

Carlao above FJM and Courtney Barnett and Ratatat below Jose Gonzalez. Is it worth reading anything into these placements at all?  Have they signified anything in previous years in terms of playing order?

I would be up for seeing Ratatat, saw them a few years ago, good live, although last album was a disappointment. 

If you refresh the page, the positions change! I really doubt Carlão would play anything other than the 5 PM slot. 

Camping B)

Hi not sure I am on the right thread here but just wondered if anyone has been to NOS Alive before & camped? So excited about going & whilst I am a seasoned camper never camped abroad in heat before. If anyone has been before please share your experience 

Thanks 

Read through the rest of the thread, cheers for all the tips etc. Very useful.

Decided to book the tickets and flights last night. Girlfriend and I are heading together, line-up is amazing as everyone as has stated x1000 times. Especially for £95 :o

I think if Radiohead and Hot Chip clash, I will be at Radiohead. I've already seen Hot Chip twice so I need to see Radiohead for the first time. But Hot Chip are excellent. I'm sure I will get my fair of dancing from some of the other acts....

Still haven't settled on a hotel/hostel/apartment.

If anyone has any recommendations for (relatively) cheap accommodation near cais do sodre, please shout! I'd prefer a private room, not dorm if possible.

(seems anything near the festival site is sold out or an absolute fortune, so I think we'll be happy to get the train in and out each day/night)

Edited by deadst4r

3 hours ago, deadst4r said:

Decided to book the tickets and flights last night. Girlfriend and I are heading together, line-up is amazing as everyone as has stated x1000 times. Especially for £95 :o

I think if Radiohead and Hot Chip clash, I will be at Radiohead. I've already seen Hot Chip twice so I need to see Radiohead for the first time. But Hot Chip are excellent. I'm sure I will get my fair of dancing from some of the other acts....

If anyone has any recommendations for (relatively) cheap accommodation near cais do sodre, please shout! I'd prefer a private room, not dorm if possible.

(seems anything near the festival site is sold out or an absolute fortune, so I think we'll be happy to get the train in and out each day/night)

Theres a really nice hostel with private rooms right near Cais do Sodre. Destination Sunset Hostel its called but I only found the private rooms on their own website

9 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Theres a really nice hostel with private rooms right near Cais do Sodre. Destination Sunset Hostel its called but I only found the private rooms on their own website

Thanks for this, it's sold out though. (on my dates)

I shall continue my research, there are absolutely loads but I just haven't decided on one yet.

Does anyone know if Lisbon is relatively safe to walk through at night? (sorry for such a touristy question :unsure:). Most of the hostels I can find are about a 15 minute walk from Cais do Sodre.

Edited by deadst4r

2 minutes ago, deadst4r said:

Thanks for this, it's sold out though. (on my dates)

I shall continue my research, there are absolutely loads but I just haven't decided on one yet.

Does anyone know if Lisbon is relatively safe to walk through at night? (sorry for such a touristy question :unsure:). Most of the hostels I can find are about a 15 minute walk from Cais do Sodre.

Lisbon has some of the best hostels in the world so I'm sure you'll find something. Hostelworld is a good site to check out 

Edited by kaytee...

15 hours ago, deadst4r said:

Hey deadst4r,

If it's any help, I got a whole apartment that sleeps 5 (only 3 of us going) and that was £328 for the whole week and we're a 10 minute walk from Cais do Sodre! 

I would thoroughly recommend really spending some time digging through Air BnB as there are still some really decent and cheap options going about. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2934107?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=E5JhV8WN

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7952540?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=a5bJDExR

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2627642?checkin=03-07-2016&checkout=10-07-2016&guests=2&s=E5JhV8WN

Hayls :)

Edited by Festival_Hayleigh

Booked tickets, flights and an apartment a few weeks ago for this, as everyone has already said the line up is CRAZY GOOD. I fly back the Sunday afternoon, after it ends, and have bought tickets to see The Last Shadow Puppets in Manchester that night. After their gig, i have to drive for 3 hours that night back to Birmingham (UK) for college the next morning. Can anyone confirm or tell me if these rumours i've read about The Last Shadow Puppets are true, so maybe i could cancel those Manchester tickets?

13 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

Booked tickets, flights and an apartment a few weeks ago for this, as everyone has already said the line up is CRAZY GOOD. I fly back the Sunday afternoon, after it ends, and have bought tickets to see The Last Shadow Puppets in Manchester that night. After their gig, i have to drive for 3 hours that night back to Birmingham (UK) for college the next morning. Can anyone confirm or tell me if these rumours i've read about The Last Shadow Puppets are true, so maybe i could cancel those Manchester tickets?

They're just a strong rumour at the moment, don't cancel your tickets based on our hopeful ramblings!

5 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

I won't just yet then, thanks! Here's hoping though, even though i can't believe what i've seen announced already!

There's still a spot for them, between M83 and AF (although the running order could be TLSP>AF>M83...>Ratatat on Heineken :D)!