Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 06/02/2016 at 5:02 PM, obamacares said:

I think that there's still a headliner to be announced since BBK (the festival that shares days with nos alive) has a co-headliner to be announced on the day that pixies are going to play...

Is this definitely the case, though?  From what I've seen, nothing has been said one way or another to clarify whether Pixies are co-headlining or headlining outright.  Unless I've missed something, of course.

I got a flight from Glasgow + Hotel deal for the Tuesday - Monday worked out about £480 each for me and the missus, although that was after ticket cost aswell so about £380 maybe, which isn't too bad for almost a week including accom.  That's with switching the flights to more expensive but shorter times - about 5/6 hours all in with 1 changeover eachway...the original flights offered were ridiculous 20 hour flights for like 30 odd quid cheaper each way, so not worth it!

Think when we looked at flights only the cheapest were about £200 per person aswell, so just under £400 seemed a good deal with a hotel on top.

1 hour ago, kipper64 said:

I got a flight from Glasgow + Hotel deal for the Tuesday - Monday worked out about £480 each for me and the missus, although that was after ticket cost aswell so about £380 maybe, which isn't too bad for almost a week including accom.  That's with switching the flights to more expensive but shorter times - about 5/6 hours all in with 1 changeover eachway...the original flights offered were ridiculous 20 hour flights for like 30 odd quid cheaper each way, so not worth it!

Think when we looked at flights only the cheapest were about £200 per person aswell, so just under £400 seemed a good deal with a hotel on top.

I suppose when you think of it as a holiday its not too bad. Im considering leaving tues and coming back the next mon/tues. Surprised by how cheap hotels are in Lisbon too.

1 hour ago, GuyGG said:

BBK announced CHVRCHES, Slaves, InHeaven and Love of Lesbian

Really hope we get Chvrches! 

On a side note, no announcements since last Wednesday, seems a bit strange given up to now we've had 1 every few days. Maybe they're gonna announce a fair few at once?

NOS Alive will sell out easily soon, so they might want to give BBK a boost this way. Might still be announced for NOS later, right? Could also be the reason for the absence of an announcement for NOS this week.

Also, I'm new here on this forum. Will also be travelling to Portugal in July from Holland. Any tips for the festival for a first timer?

Edited by visdave34

56 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

NOS Alive will sell out easily soon, so they might want to give BBK a boost this way. Might still be announced for NOS later, right? Could also be the reason for the absence of an announcement for NOS this week.

Also, I'm new here on this forum. Will also be travelling to Portugal in July from Holland. Any tips for the festival for a first timer?

Bring a jumper with you to the festival, when you get there around 5/6pm it will seem stupid but come 9/10pm it can get quite cold. Also if you like to drink spirits you will have to sneak them in as they don't sell any. I'll let you know if I think of any more ☺

12 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Do the festival share acts with Benicassim festival? I was thinking specifically on Massive Attack and Bloc Party.

Usually share quite a few. Would've thought we'd have had bloc party by now if we were gonna get them as they've been announced for a fair few festivals for ages. But I'm with you in hoping we get them!

Edited by Richi1988

4 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Usually share quite a few. Would've thought we'd have had bloc party by now if we were gonna get them as they've been announced for a fair few festivals for ages. But I'm with you in hoping we get them!

playing Superbock so wont be at Nos

7 hours ago, visdave34 said:

I'll take the flight from Amsterdam on the 6th, what about you? :) Welcome!

25 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

Yeah I'm struggling with flights from Manc, we want to go a couple of days early and leave a couple of days late so we have a full day in Lisbon either side of the festival. Are there any other near-ish by airports?

There's Faro and Porto, then train (www.cp.pt), I've done both, Porto is easier IMO, still 3 hours journey. Or Easyjet from Liverpool?