NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

16 minutes ago, r0bb077 said:

Sorry to be the unknowledgeable one here but how comes they won't be appearing in Lisbon either?! Would be real gutted about Moderat, Floating Points and Savages. Was looking for some good new live electronic to be added to the lineup apart from the obvious Chemi's

As someone has said, bands are likely to play festivals in the same country in such a short span of time [these two festivals 100% won't share any names].

As far as new live electronic, there is an exclusively electronic stage in NOS Alive, they only reveal the names closer to June / July I think. Check out previous editions to see what kind of names you can except, if I remember correctly they usually bring some good electronic acts!

Edited by Mirror

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found something interesting. NOS has updated the website, they added Two Door Cinema Club to the lineup poster on the homepage. At the same time, they changed the font size of the first acts on the poster. Radiohead and Arcade Fire are now in the biggest font, second group is Chemical Brothers, Pixies, Robert Plant and Tame Impala, all in the same font. They also changed the font of the poster on the facebook cover page. You can find the old posters on twitter and instagram, on those Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers and Pixies are still in the same font size.

It might be a bit far fetched, but it would make no sense for a 3 day festival to have only 2 big names at the top of their festival poster. It would make the lineup insane if they would add another headliner for the first day. On the other hand, at NOS the first day always has the biggest names and the last two years (maybe longer idk) it is always the first day to sell out after which they start selling 2 day passes for the 2nd and 3rd day. 

Bit of a long story but I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts with you.

16 minutes ago, Finge said:

I found something interesting. NOS has updated the website, they added Two Door Cinema Club to the lineup poster on the homepage. At the same time, they changed the font size of the first acts on the poster. Radiohead and Arcade Fire are now in the biggest font, second group is Chemical Brothers, Pixies, Robert Plant and Tame Impala, all in the same font. They also changed the font of the poster on the facebook cover page. You can find the old posters on twitter and instagram, on those Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Chemical Brothers and Pixies are still in the same font size.

It might be a bit far fetched, but it would make no sense for a 3 day festival to have only 2 big names at the top of their festival poster. It would make the lineup insane if they would add another headliner for the first day. On the other hand, at NOS the first day always has the biggest names and the last two years (maybe longer idk) it is always the first day to sell out after which they start selling 2 day passes for the 2nd and 3rd day. 

Bit of a long story but I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts with you.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I've always had the idea that Pixies wouldn't headline (even as co-headliners), the same for the chem bros. I would still guess Pearl Jam...

13 minutes ago, arteet said:

Cant see it.

I imagine the last act announced for that day will be the opening act, assuming 1975 are on 2nd.

BbK bilbao only has one headliner, they share almost all acts with NOS. They must have another big act to be announced. Wouldn't be surprised to see another headliner...

Edited by Mirror

yeah I think they had Pearl Jam fall through and just bumped Pixies up

smaller on the poster probably because they are smaller bands ..and you would want your main selling points in bigger font

don't think Disclosure and Sam smith were as big as Muse on last years poster

I did notice this too when I checked the Facebook page this morning, it loaded the original image and then refreshed to this very slightly altered image and whilst I did assume it was nothing, it was rather odd that they would go out of their way to change the font size for Chemical brothers and Pixies after already establishing them as headline acts. 

I suppose it probably was just a aesthetic choice, but it was strange that it was changed today without any other announcements. 

43 minutes ago, Mirror said:

BbK bilbao only has one headliner, they share almost all acts with NOS. They must have another big act to be announced. Wouldn't be surprised to see another headliner...

It's been established that Foals and Tame Impala are co-headlining BBK.  Pixies are also headlining, although whether it's with another band or on their own is another matter.

If you look at previous years posters, it becomes apparent that NOS tend to get all of the biggest acts that BBK do but also usually end up with more.

See 2012, for example.  BBK's headliners were The Cure, Radiohead and Garbage/Keane co-headlining, where Optimus (now NOS) had The Cure, Radiohead and The Stone Roses.

Last year was similar in the fact that BBK had Muse, Mumford & Sons and The Jesus & Mary Chain as headliners, while NOS had Muse, Mumford & Sons/Prodigy as co-headliners and Sam Smith/Disclosure as headliners with The Jesus & Mary Chain further down the bill. 

It seems rather apparent that NOS either have a larger budget to utilise, or are just better at negotiating deals with artists.

43 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Arcade Fire and Foals are headlining according to the festival press releases. I thought Pixies were too but I can't find anything to confirm that actually?

Obviously it would be great if another big act was announced but with Robert Plant, Pixies and Chemical Brothers already there I struggle to see another big act. Also, find it hard to see Chemical Brothers not headlining.

Anyways, for the price and location is already great value :-)

I think it would make sense with another headliner since it would attract more people during thursday (given that it is a normal weekday). Other festivals, Rock Werchter for instance, always makes sure there's a strong headliner for the Thursday. Previous editions of NOS also seems to have a big name on the first day for example Muse last year or Coldplay in 2011. Perhaps just wishful thinking;)

Still happy with Pixies though:)

Edited by ParanoidTourist

10 minutes ago, sheargraphix said:

Can you walk from the festival to Lisbon city centre easy enough or do you need tof get the bus/underground?

Just need to catch a train very near the festival site, and you will be in Lisbon's downtown in less than 10min, this train also stops near major monuments and historical sites [Belém area] which are 5 min from the festival site.

18 hours ago, Finge said:

I think you could be onto something here.

Another thing i noticed on the main page if you scroll down to the tabs that have pictures of each of the main individual acts playing. Click on Arcade Fire or radiohead and in the small description of them it states they are headliners . If you click on Chemical Brothers or Pixies it just mentions they are playing nothing about either of them headlining or co-headlining.

23 hours ago, GuyGG said:

that would be really crazy if they announce another headliner :o

When were The Libertines added as (final day) headliners in 2014? I think it was June!

New Order are a possibility, they play Manchester on 9th July and this hasn't sold out yet so could be hanging fire on that.

Benicassim have got a 'big announcement' next week, could potentially tie in with peoples ideas that we may get another headliner given the fact nos usually shares quite a lot of acts with them.

Can't personally see another headliner being announced, but reckon we could definitely get a couple of bands from their announcement so should be interesting! Hopefully some new names that have not been circulated.

Really hoping for: Crystal fighters, hurts, imagine dragons, last shadow puppets!