NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

22 hours ago, arteet said:

Where did you book the apartment from?

Booked flights and festival ticket last night - just need somewhere to stay now!

Booked it on Airbnb - great website that! Private properties, generally much cheaper than hotels. We're staying in Cascais, right near the train station so should be ok.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hallocost said:

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know what are the rules of using 3 day pass + CP Cascais? Where can I use the train ticket, how often, when does it start (end) working?

I'm staying in Cascais - checked out the website and it had the following info re. trains back.... this is last year's info, but I expect it to be the same or similar this year;

Algés –» Cascais: 2h15, 2h30, 2h45, 3h00, 3h30, 4h00 e 4h30

Not sure when they start, but I think it's probably fairly frequent.  By the way, what is a 3 day pass +CP?

30 minutes ago, stevieweevil said:

By the way, what is a 3 day pass +CP?

I'm gonna stay in Carcavelos (closer than Cascais). Look at portuguese version of the festival website. There are combi tickets with CP (trains). I'd tried to google translate their description but hadn't got all the details

I'm looking at staying in the Bairro Alto area as we are gonna spend a few days either side of the festival in Lisbon.  Anyone have any experience getting to and from here?  I think there's a tram which runs all day to Alges but the last one appears to be at 1am.  Feel we would probably get ripped off with taxis and am struggling to find info on trains.

1 hour ago, The Gentleman Rhymer said:

I'm looking at staying in the Bairro Alto area as we are gonna spend a few days either side of the festival in Lisbon.  Anyone have any experience getting to and from here?  I think there's a tram which runs all day to Alges but the last one appears to be at 1am.  Feel we would probably get ripped off with taxis and am struggling to find info on trains.

You can get the train to Cais Do Sodre, from there where ever you stay I imagine it will be walkable. 

Someone posted about the later trains to Cascais, it will be the same the other way to Cais Do Sodre (or at least was when I went  in 2012)

Found that a great area to be to see Lisbon during the day and will probably stay somewhere round there this year I think. It's good for little bars round there in the evening for your non festival days too. 

1 minute ago, arteet said:

You can get the train to Cais Do Sodre, from there where ever you stay I imagine it will be walkable. 

Someone posted about the later trains to Cascais, it will be the same the other way to Cais Do Sodre (or at least was when I went  in 2012)

Found that a great area to be to see Lisbon during the day and will probably stay somewhere round there this year I think. It's good for little bars round there in the evening for your non festival days too. 

awesome, thanks!

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

I couldn't risk this selling out so I've bought my ticket! 

As it stands I'm going solo so if there's others on here doing the same then a efests meet should definitely be organised! 

I'm almost too excited and it's only February. 

deffo, atm im solo trying to convince others but im happy to adopt people who are going solo. i go solo often to festivals and get adopted so lets do it \o

3 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Just got this answer (I asked them after the Arcade Fire announcement):

Hi A, Thanks for your interest in NOS Alive, tickets are selling fast, you should get yours as sson as possible. Best regards, Alexandre Antunes

No offence but they aren't likely to tell you that tickets are selling slow.

Just booked it anyway. Can't make Glastonbury for the first time since 04 gutted so looking for a euro one to do instead with a couple of pals and this looks incredible line up wise.    

Not 100% got time booked off yet but Radiohead and arcade fire both in my top 5 bands....ever !! so fook it....booked.  

I just had a little crisis! It wasn't possible to book 3-day tickets in Belgium on the sites of Fnac or Ticketmaster, so I suppose that the 3-day tickets are sold out on the sites because it was possible to book 1-day tickets. So i think when you wanna go, there is't a lot of time to waste.

34 minutes ago, GuyGG said:

I just had a little crisis! It wasn't possible to book 3-day tickets in Belgium on the sites of Fnac or Ticketmaster, so I suppose that the 3-day tickets are sold out on the sites because it was possible to book 1-day tickets. So i think when you wanna go, there is't a lot of time to waste.

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/nos-alive-16/passeio-maritimo-de-alges/889402

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I booked it on festicket... But like I said, the official partners in Belgium of NOS Alive don't sell 3-day tickets anymore. And on the site of festicket, NOS Alive is the number one in 'fast selling packages', so I think it goes quick now..

7 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Booked my tickets as well=) Such a great feeling. Ticketmaster didn't work for me either but festicket did the trick.

Is it difficult to resell tickets in case you cannot show (i.e. your employer doesn't want you to go on vacation) ?

I don't think that would be a problem, because on the website they say this : '

I was offered a ticket to the NOS Alive. However, the ticket has the name of the person who bought it. Am I going to have any problems at the entrance?

No, as long as the ticket has not already been used to enter. The name on the ticket only serves to personalize it.'

39 minutes ago, GuyGG said:

I don't think that would be a problem, because on the website they say this : '

I was offered a ticket to the NOS Alive. However, the ticket has the name of the person who bought it. Am I going to have any problems at the entrance?

No, as long as the ticket has not already been used to enter. The name on the ticket only serves to personalize it.'

Ok, thanks.