please buy tickets via our links

eFestivals

1 hour ago, Filthy said:

I had the same on Amazon, used the efests link to access the site but after logging in it wasn't obvious that efests was referenced. Just hope my Christmas present buying earnt efests a bit of cash!

as it happens I had the Amazon account manager call me yesterday to chat about a few things, and during that convo he stated with certainty that where you've come from gets commission on all sales for that visit - so for amazon I know it works like that with certainty.

(I'm less certain about other systems because it was a long while ago they said how it worked, and I know there's been some changes to their systems since so I can't guarantee it's still as it was).

Edited by eFestivals

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Hi @eFestivals just a thought it could be worth putting your page checker in this thread (or in a new thread at the top of this page) so people can find it easily :)

thanks, but I'd like to develop it a bit further before I try and publicise it.

It was put together in a rush, and while most people seemed to get on well-enough with it, there's plenty of obvious improvements I could make.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

thanks, but I'd like to develop it a bit further before I try and publicise it.

It was put together in a rush, and while most people seemed to get on well-enough with it, there's plenty of obvious improvements I could make.

I'm glad it got some revenue for the site :)

26 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I'm glad it got some revenue for the site :)

yep, it did - slightly better than the best I was hoping for, too.  and there's now a website that can provide the same service all-year-round, which hopefully will see a few more quid to pay the bills with.

For something that started off only to see how well I could do it, I'm pretty chuffed - particualrly as it worked to help people get tickets.

Just now, eFestivals said:

yep, it did - slightly better than the best I was hoping for, too.  and there's now a website that can provide the same service all-year-round, which hopefully will see a few more quid to pay the bills with.

For something that started off only to see how well I could do it, I'm pretty chuffed - particualrly as it worked to help people get tickets.

I'm really glad it worked for so many people! It's great work you're doing :) can only keep my fingers crossed now! 

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

[tries to upvote, can't]

Good job. Can't be easy running this site in the age of ad blockers, so congrats on your efforts.

One thought I had was you may wish to order your links to gig tickets (right hand side of this page) slightly differently. Perhaps put the bigger acts at the top so they stand out more? I know that's what another ticket site I use does, and seems to work pretty well. Although I'm sure you know what you're doing!

Just now, big__phil said:

[tries to upvote, can't]

Good job. Can't be easy running this site in the age of ad blockers, so congrats on your efforts.

One thought I had was you may wish to order your links to gig tickets (right hand side of this page) slightly differently. Perhaps put the bigger acts at the top so they stand out more? I know that's what another ticket site I use does, and seems to work pretty well. Although I'm sure you know what you're doing!

thanks, but it's an auto-updating list with the newest at the top, and if it had the biggest of the newest at the top that requires someone to decide who is the biggest.

Which itself might be a problem cos we all look at these things differently, but it's also an extra task for people already working very long days.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thanks, but it's an auto-updating list with the newest at the top, and if it had the biggest of the newest at the top that requires someone to decide who is the biggest.

Which itself might be a problem cos we all look at these things differently, but it's also an extra task for people already working very long days.

Fair enough, just an idea! Keep up the good work. Setting aside the money side of things, it sounds like you made quite a few people happy with resale the other day, which must feel pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Fair enough, just an idea! Keep up the good work. Setting aside the money side of things, it sounds like you made quite a few people happy with resale the other day, which must feel pretty cool.

yeah, though of course anyone getting a ticket is at the expense of someone else not getting one, so in an overall sense there's no gain anywhere.

It was seeing people recommending an app for a fiver and people seemingly buying it that had me thinking there might be a worthwhile earner to help financially benefit efestivals if I did a decent job, and I seem to have managed to make a decent job of it ... so at least I'm not having to run and hide from people who'd bought a dud. :D

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, though of course anyone getting a ticket is at the expense of someone else not getting one, so in an overall sense there's no gain anywhere.

It was seeing people recommending an app for a fiver and people seemingly buying it that had me thinking there might be a worthwhile earner to help financially benefit efestivals if I did a decent job, and I seem to have managed to make a decent job of it ... so at least I'm not having to run and hide from people who'd bought a dud. :D

Indeed. You should make it in to an app, then watch the cash start rolling in...

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

what they think they want?

It's the trend. There should be an app for everything. :P

Data over phone networks is VERY expensive, as the first thing, and if you're checking (say) every 5 seconds it can total up quickly. And the checking is only as good as your network connection.

A check done via server using fixed lines is more robust and less likely to drop out, and doesn't incur those data charges, and the alert to the user would be just about instant when their network connection resumed after a drop-out (meaning it's still unlikely that an app would alert them first).

But all systems have their flaws. Mine is dependent on those fixed lines, an email-to-text service provider, every recipient's email provider, and every recipient's phone provider - none of which I can control, and I can't offer a guarantee that my system will work because of those things.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Data over phone networks is VERY expensive, as the first thing, and if you're checking (say) every 5 seconds it can total up quickly. And the checking is only as good as your network connection.

A check done via server using fixed lines is more robust and less likely to drop out, and doesn't incur those data charges, and the alert to the user would be just about instant when their network connection resumed after a drop-out (meaning it's still unlikely that an app would alert them first).

But all systems have their flaws. Mine is dependent on those fixed lines, an email-to-text service provider, every recipient's email provider, and every recipient's phone provider - none of which I can control, and I can't offer a guarantee that my system will work because of those things.

I knew what you meant, I was only being a smart arse and pointing out your typo, he he ;) 

Edited by clarkete

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2016 at 3:48 PM, eFestivals said:

Could you make the app to just be an equivalent of text notifications? So all the checking is done server side but then the app gets notified when a change happens, and then the user can click on the url via the app straight away. it might be worth making an app to open it up to the wider market, although I've not looked into how many already exist.