best browser

Respectfatfrog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It strange- each year I use 2-3 browsers and each year one of those performs better than the other two, but each year that best one is different. Probably something to do with cache or cookies or something (I know nothing about computers), but usually one will regularly get through to the holding page, while the other times-out much more frequently before it gets to that point (though occasionally gets through).

I usually use Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and see which two are working more promisingly on the day and stick with those (with a random visit to the third browser as a lucky dip!)

I think this perfectly illustrates that it really doesn't matter which you use. I've got the page up on all three already... eager? me?

I think this perfectly illustrates that it really doesn't matter which you use. I've got the page up on all three already... eager? me?

I'm sat at work clock watching - it's not even 11am yet and I'm worried I will miss it!!! Ugh. So nervous, it's only tickets for a festival. It isn't like my life depends on getting tickets. 

Any differences between browsers would be negligible. Chrome tends to have the quickest page 'build' rate once the HTML is received but we're talking milliseconds. Literally any major browser will be fine, as long as you're not on an old-school version of Internet Explorer.

id say anything but microsoft edge.....love windows 10 HATE edge.....so many crashes and freezes definitly not going to trust it with my glasto 2016 chances! Ill be using firefox, old faithful :)

Yeah Edge has a really good rendering engine but as an actual browser you want to use... nope. Almost no useful features and far buggier than it should be.

I tend to go with Chrome, cause it's my default. Will likely open Firefox and IE and have them just auto-refreshing on the countdown from SEETickets. We got them on the tablet last year which is connected to the same WiFi as the Desktop. We usually have two laptops on Internet sharing on our 4G.. I guess it's more devices on different networks so might increase chances.

I'm still in the camp of anything techy isn't worthwhile unless it is an error from SEE. I think the days of a backdoor link are well and truly over with festivals and tickets in general.

Just wear some lucky pants and hope for the best whilst pressing F5 :)

Chrome I usually go for but IE was successful one year. TBH, I just have an early swoop around the browsers, figure out which one is refreshing quicker and stick with it, one tab and hammer the shite out of F5. Switching about just slows you down I find, pick a horse and stick with it

Chrome was the winner for me tonight. Safari won it last year. Not sure any one browser is better than another. I use a single window each of IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari leaving the auto refresh on 2 and F5 the others. Just don't have more than one window of each browser going as that's what screws it.

No doubt by 10am Sunday there will be loads of people praising or bemoaning browsers and vowing to always / never use that one again.

Its all down to luck from what I can see.

Chrome was the winner for me tonight. Safari won it last year. Not sure any one browser is better than another. I use a single window each of IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari leaving the auto refresh on 2 and F5 the others. Just don't have more than one window of each browser going as that's what screws it.

No doubt by 10am Sunday there will be loads of people praising or bemoaning browsers and vowing to always / never use that one again.

Its all down to luck from what I can see.

True

Except for IE, obviously

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

Browser should make no tangible difference whatsoever. Unless you're using something really crap. Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome/Safari/Opera should all be fine.

Mmmm? :P

(Sorry couldn't help myself!)

Is there much benefit from leaving other window s automatically refreshing away while you hammer f5 on one tab?

I guess slightly more chances, that you hit the server when it has an "open slot"  but you could lose concentration if you have to many. (and as others said , one tab per browser/incognito window)